+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Nov 2021 applicants here - Warsaw visa office.

Today we received our pre-arrival and request for a new PCC.

This is both good news and bad news. Obviously receiving the pre-arrival is a great thing, but PA is from Russia and will not return to Russia for multiple reasons (fear of persecution for her anti-war activism, fear of martial law being declared and her getting stuck there, etc). This means that we *cannot* obtain a new PCC since she is not a legal resident of any other country.

We are going to submit a letter of explanation explaining this, and hope they accept.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is both good news and bad news. Obviously receiving the pre-arrival is a great thing, but PA is from Russia and will not return to Russia for multiple reasons (fear of persecution for her anti-war activism, fear of martial law being declared and her getting stuck there, etc). This means that we *cannot* obtain a new PCC since she is not a legal resident of any other country.
I cannot say for certain that this will work, esp as service level sometimes different by region, but an acquaintance recently got one through the government online service portal ("gosuslugi"), and it was all processed online including the final copy. It was even fast. And from personal experience, Canada is fine with the electronic printed versions (with translation and all that of course).

That said, I would pursue both avenues - ask Canada to waive the request, but also see if you can get the PCC just in case.

Barring that I know that there are ways to get it from abroad (by requesting others to get it for you) - I just don't know details of how that works.

Reactions: Canuck11

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Nov 2021 applicants here - Warsaw visa office.

Today we received our pre-arrival and request for a new PCC.

We are going to submit a letter of explanation explaining this, and hope they accept.
Where is PA located? Since this is a "outland" I presume she is in a 3rd country? Anyway, PCC if free of charge in any nearby Russian embassy or consulate. Took me exactly 7 days to get it in Montreal delivered to my apartment (you have to provide a pre-payed envelope if you wish to visit the consulate only once) . There is a need to register for an appointment though and that is a subject of availability.

Reactions: armoured

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Where is PA located? Since this is a "outland" I presume she is in a 3rd country? Anyway, PCC if free of charge in any nearby Russian embassy or consulate. Took me exactly 7 days to get it in Montreal delivered to my apartment (you have to provide a pre-payed envelope if you wish to visit the consulate only once) . There is a need to register for an appointment though and that is a subject of availability.
At the moment we are in Mexico, just on tourist visas, and neither of us are residents here. My understanding is that Russian consulates/embassies will only provide this service if you are a resident of the country in which the embassy is located (ie it explicitly says that on the Russian consulate in Toronto website). When you guys applied in Montreal, were you residents or on visitor visas?

Reactions: armoured