+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Simplitario

Star Member
May 4, 2022
I did
After that what?
i tried to put area code of canada it’s showing not available
You will need to register with one of the area codes in Canada. Just try different ones. You may be able to find area codes online. Once registered, you can call IRCC on 1-888-242-2100

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
Hi all, question for you. For how long can a PR stay outside of Canada while family sponsorship application is in process? Is there a limit on no. of days PR holder can stay outside of Canada while the sponsorship application is in process? Where can I find that information? Any help on this would be much appreciated.

͢͢͢

Feb 9, 2022
Check SA letter
It does not specify what office in the SA letter. It just says this:

The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further
processing.
Visa Office Contact Information
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you must email the visa office listed above
directly using the “IRCC Web Form”. This form is found in the “Enquiries” section of the specific visa
office’s link located on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

Simplitario

Star Member
May 4, 2022
It does not specify what office in the SA letter. It just says this:

The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further
processing.
Visa Office Contact Information
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you must email the visa office listed above
directly using the “IRCC Web Form”. This form is found in the “Enquiries” section of the specific visa
office’s link located on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp
Then it might be Ottawa VO

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Hi all, question for you. For how long can a PR stay outside of Canada while family sponsorship application is in process? Is there a limit on no. of days PR holder can stay outside of Canada while the sponsorship application is in process? Where can I find that information? Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Faced this question too, but apparently IRCC don't have a specific limit. You may find this helpful: Applications under family classes: Assessing the sponsor - Canada.ca

"
A sponsor must be residing in Canada, unless they are a Canadian citizen residing abroad sponsoring a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child (provided that the dependent child does not have dependent children of their own) [R130(2)].

See Sponsorship by Canadian citizens living abroad

Sponsors who maintain a principal residence in Canada are not considered to be in violation of residency requirements if they:
  • take short holidays or business trips outside Canada on a temporary basis
  • have work arrangements that require them to be outside Canada for temporary finite periods of time, but return to live in Canada in between assignments (such as ship crew or seasonal workers)
Persons who do not maintain a principal residence in Canada and who live and work abroad and only return to Canada for short visits are not considered to meet residency requirements.
"

Reactions: armoured

dtny

Oct 15, 2016
A friend whose application was submitted in September got passport request.

After Medical completed on his tracker.

Eligibility never started nor background check.

He just woke up one day and checked the tracker.
Eligibility done.
Background checks done.

VO : Accra.
Doesn’t this look strange or is this the norm now?
Wow. This indeed is not the usual ways of Accra VO.

Simplitario

Star Member
May 4, 2022
My last update was March 31st, 2022. There doesn't seem to be much movement on the spreadsheet, either. Anyone else?
I believe our timelines are very similar except for the fact that I don't know about my criminality check.
Appln received- Nov 24
AOR - Feb 28
BIL - Mar 15
Medical request - Mar 15
SA without VO - Mar 16
Medical passsed - Apr 06
Eligibility - In progress - Apr 06