+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

ladodo

Jul 25, 2012
Hello everyone, I am really not sure what is happening here to my spouses application, I applied online in January 29,2022 (outland) for my spouse in Nigeria, I haven't received an AOR this is 95 days since submission. Please does it take this long, looking at the stat on the excel spreadsheet for Jan 2022 outland people have been getting AOR within 70 to 75 days. Has anyone had this experience?
We had submitted an online temporary visiting visa application submitted in Jan 2021 a year before applying for spousal sponsorship, and we haven't received any response yet either, really worried, I can't tell whats going on.

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Hello everyone, I am really not sure what is happening here to my spouses application, I applied online in January 29,2022 (outland) for my spouse in Nigeria, I haven't received an AOR this is 95 days since submission. Please does it take this long, looking at the stat on the excel spreadsheet for Jan 2022 outland people have been getting AOR within 70 to 75 days. Has anyone had this experience?
We had submitted an online temporary visiting visa application submitted in Jan 2021 a year before applying for spousal sponsorship, and we haven't received any response yet either, really worried, I can't tell whats going on.
For the PR, try following up with your local MP. I also applied from Nigeria back in December, waiting form medicals for over a month now since we got the sponsorship approval back in March. But asking my local MP to followup on my file back in February might have helped with the AOR, as we were able to see our temporary application number from the email response and a week later got the AOR with the full application number and then linked to GC Key and the new tracker. But it's not always the case, a know a couple of people who also applied in December from spouses in Nigeria and still no updates at all even after MP follow ups. But you should try that at least. I think since January, the Nigerian files have slowed a bit. But 95 days isn't too far out the window just yet.

For the TRV, apply again. There was an IRCC memo that went out last year asking all who applied before September 7 to do so on the new IRCC portal or GC Key. Although I should stress, you'll stand a better chance with the visa after you get your AOR or SA. Doing the same too, as the TRV for my spouse from May last year never got attended to even after providing the ADRs. But be sure to stress ties to home on the TRV (LOE, Payslips, Leave of Absence Letter, Flight bookings, etc.) should you choose to reapply before AOR/SA.

Hang in there. I know how tough it is, just do all you can from your end, raise webforms, send emails, followup with your MP, and hope for a positive outcome.

Reactions: Apovine

ladodo

Jul 25, 2012
For the PR, try following up with your local MP. I also applied from Nigeria back in December, waiting form medicals for over a month now since we got the sponsorship approval back in March. But asking my local MP to followup on my file back in February might have helped with the AOR, as we were able to see our temporary application number from the email response and a week later got the AOR with the full application number and then linked to GC Key and the new tracker. But it's not always the case, a know a couple of people who also applied in December from spouses in Nigeria and still no updates at all even after MP follow ups. But you should try that at least. I think since January, the Nigerian files have slowed a bit. But 95 days isn't too far out the window just yet.

For the TRV, apply again. There was an IRCC memo that went out last year asking all who applied before September 7 to do so on the new IRCC portal or GC Key. Although I should stress, you'll stand a better chance with the visa after you get your AOR or SA. Doing the same too, as the TRV for my spouse from May last year never got attended to even after providing the ADRs. But be sure to stress ties to home on the TRV (LOE, Payslips, Leave of Absence Letter, Flight bookings, etc.) should you choose to reapply before AOR/SA.

Hang in there. I know how tough it is, just do all you can from your end, raise webforms, send emails, followup with your MP, and hope for a positive outcome.
Thank you so much for your response, I am so grateful.

Reactions: Henry_S

Swar_M

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Hello, Does any one knows contact of any MP whom we can reach out to for our dependent application ?What information do I need to provide ?
Thanks in advance

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Hello, Does any one knows contact of any MP whom we can reach out to for our dependent application ?What information do I need to provide ?
Thanks in advance
You need to find your MP for your riding, and then you give them all pertinent information. Name of sponsor and principal applicant, DOBs for both, UCI and file numbers if you have them, day you submitted application, etc.

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
You need to find your MP for your riding, and then you give them all pertinent information. Name of sponsor and principal applicant, DOBs for both, UCI and file numbers if you have them, day you submitted application, etc.
Hi,
Do MPs really help or make application processing faster?

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Hi,
Do MPs really help or make application processing faster?
They don't speed up the processing necessarily, but they can often find more detailed information than what's showing on the various trackers. And sometimes getting contacted by the MP can make IRCC look at the file more closely, but it's not a guarantee.

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
They don't speed up the processing necessarily, but they can often find more detailed information than what's showing on the various trackers. And sometimes getting contacted by the MP can make IRCC look at the file more closely, but it's not a guarantee.
Thank you.

Aaliyahm

Mar 14, 2022
Thanks in advance
You will need to contact the MP of the person living in Canada
Usually PA eligibility and background starts after medicals and once your file is transferred to respective VO from my experience
thank you!

Swar_M

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Thank you very much

Simplitario

Star Member
May 4, 2022
Did anyone in the group got their eligibility and background check status updated to complete? Also, anyone with Ottawa VO who can share their timeline for October/November outland?