+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

inab

Oct 11, 2021
For those submitting their forms (digitally) in November 2021. Please use this thread.

inab

Oct 11, 2021
For IMM 1344 when validating it says 'Don't sign the form as you'll be asked for a signature when submitting your application online'. However on the Document Checklist (IMM5533) it says `This form must be signed by both you (the sponsor) and the person you are sponsoring (principal applicant).

Which do we follow?

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
For IMM 1344 when validating it says 'Don't sign the form as you'll be asked for a signature when submitting your application online'. However on the Document Checklist (IMM5533) it says `This form must be signed by both you (the sponsor) and the person you are sponsoring (principal applicant).

Which do we follow?
Print IM1344, sign, scan and upload again

'Don't sign the form as you'll be asked for a signature when submitting your application online' (This is just a general information)

Dalesgate

Aug 18, 2019
Hi Guys, please a clarification is needed. I thought the hard copy of the forms are meant to be completed and submitted. confused with the digital/online copy being referenced to

inab

Oct 11, 2021
Print IM1344, sign, scan and upload again

'Don't sign the form as you'll be asked for a signature when submitting your application online' (This is just a general information)
Thank you for the quick response. I will do that.

I have tried this before with IMM 5532. Printed, Signed, Scanned, but when uploaded through the online application I received the 'File size too big'. Have you or anyone else encountered this before?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

I have tried this before with IMM 5532. Printed, Signed, Scanned, but when uploaded through the online application I received the 'File size too big'. Have you or anyone else encountered this before?
Resize the file. If you cannot do this, you should probably not be using the online application.

inab

Oct 11, 2021
Resize the file. If you cannot do this, you should probably not be using the online application.
The scanner I used didn't allow me to lower the quality of the scanned items which caused my pdf to be 5x the size of the max limit. Resizing the PDF itself ruined the quality of the pdf - to the point you couldn't make out the information on the pdf.

Turns out I just used a really old scanner. Purchasing a new one fixed this issue. Thanks for the feedback.

Dalesgate

Aug 18, 2019
Hi Guys, please a clarification is needed. I thought the hard copy of the forms are meant to be completed and submitted. confused with the digital/online copy being referenced to
I humbly request for an answer to my question as i am new on this platform and in the process of completing my application. I would like to know if one can submit an outland spousal sponsorship online instead of paper application

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019

use pdfjoiner.com to compresss the file...
It won't reduce the quality

Reactions: inab

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi All,

I have submitted my Spousal Sponsorship application 10 days back, Can someone share the timelines of when we can expect some movements?

Like AOR1, AOR2 etc..,
Thanks.

MyKatya

May 22, 2021
I hope this is not a stupid question but here goes. When submitting online, does the sponsor also have to mail something to IRCC in Sydney NS (outland)? IRCC website only refers to mailing addresses.
Thank you

inab

Oct 11, 2021
I hope this is not a stupid question but here goes. When submitting online, does the sponsor also have to mail something to IRCC in Sydney NS (outland)? IRCC website only refers to mailing addresses.
Thank you
I'm following the Checklist document and only submitting what's asked on that document with my application. Each country will have different requirements however. If your checklist asks for that, then yes.

Raina29

Feb 26, 2013
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
06/11/2021
I have submitted my application on 06 November 2021 on the online portal (inland sponsorship). So far got a mail that my application was submitted.