+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
I did not receive a response to my Web form in 33 days. I wonder if they are still alive over there.
They are the absolute worst at responding. It's because of their awful customer service that they didn't respond back to me in time for them to update the information on my application so because of that I had to re-submit it and start again. They average about 40 days to reply, ridiculous...

oneoneone

Oct 6, 2021
Please update the sheet
Name: bunny (please delete the duplicate row "oneoneone - Spouse ")
Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1147 days
Application: Self
Application submitted: 27 November 2021
Delivered: 27 November 2021
AOR: 07 February 2022
In progress: 12 February 2022

polk

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Looks like anyone applied through "paper" is starting to see background check completion and almost none for the online applicants. I wonder how it's different on the processing side other than the obvious paper vs no paper

LALAZEE

Mar 22, 2018
Looks like anyone applied through "paper" is starting to see background check completion and almost none for the online applicants. I wonder how it's different on the processing side other than the obvious paper vs no paper
I cannot help but wonder how as well. Shouldn’t online be faster ? Maybe so many of the officers are not trained on the platform yet

Reactions: Littlegirl

Ameeroov

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Mississauga
My biggest mistake is applying online , from reading the spreadsheet for 2021
I can definitely say paper app is way faster , me Nov 21 app took longer to get aor
And I can see many applicants getting their bg done

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Just hope that soon the online will be quicker once IRCC resolves all the hurdles they are facing now (I hope my paper application gets processed by then). But in any case biggest blame goes to IRCC for their Improper planning which is causing for long leads at every stage.

I understand processing citizenship application is not same as any other services provided. But still there is big gap between processing fee and service that people get.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Well, at least you all can track your applications; I cannot use either of the trackers because of their broken system still showing me my Withdrawn application.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
I can finally track my application 5 weeks after AOR! Sent a letter mail, 2 web forms, and 2 emails without any responses.

Last edited:

faraday68

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
I can finally track my application 5 weeks after AOR! Sent a letter mail, 2 web forms, and 2 emails without any responses.
Hi,

What did you do and whom the email was sent.
I am also in similar situation but unable to get web form response nor luck with call

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Hi,

What did you do and whom the email was sent.
I am also in similar situation but unable to get web form response nor luck with call
I emailed the office that was supposed to be processing my old application. Your situation is different. You can find the emails of offices where they send citizenship test, interview request, etc. from, on this forum.