Physical Presence Days: 1,785 days
Application: Single
Application submitted: November 27, 2021
Delivered: November 27, 2021
AOR: Waiting

godavari

Oct 30, 2017
Hi,
I came to Canada in OCT 2018 as Permanent Resident, and I completed my 3 years physical presence.
Though my marriage happened in 2020, my wife joined me in Canada (month ago) she came here on Spousal sponsorship as a Permanent Resident.

Is my Citizenship application will be Single/Individual application? OR Family application ?? ( my wife didn't finished physical presence requirement in Canada.)

Thanks

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi,
I came to Canada in OCT 2018 as Permanent Resident, and I completed my 3 years physical presence.
Though my marriage happened in 2020, my wife joined me in Canada (month ago) she came here on Spousal sponsorship as a Permanent Resident.

Is my Citizenship application will be Single/Individual application? OR Family application ?? ( my wife didn't finished physical presence requirement in Canada.)

Thanks
yours would be single and you can apply online
Your wife isn't eligible to apply yet as she has to complete the eligibility of 1095 days from the date of PR landing.

Last edited:
Reactions: godavari

pallavi08

Aug 25, 2017
physical presence

Question is

I landed in 2018 Aug 4

But my eligibility shows 2016 nov, but I was still in India from 2016-2018 eligible period. Also when I’m filling eligibility than I have to add my stay in Q10 (a)

I’m doing online physical presence

Please help

Thank you

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Physical presence - you don't need to mention any address just the places outside canada you went to visit since you landed first in Aug 2018

for 10a) All the addresses you have lived ( in Canada or home country ) from 2016 to 2021 i.e your 5 year eligibility period.

Note: if you are single applicant, I would advise you to fill the online app rather paper.

Reactions: pallavi08

pallavi08

Aug 25, 2017
Physical presence - you don't need to mention any address just the places outside canada you went to visit since you landed first in Aug 2018

for 10a) All the addresses you have lived ( in Canada or home country ) from 2016 to 2021 i.e your 5 year eligibility period.

Note: if you are single applicant, I would advise you to fill the online app rather paper.

it’s helpful
Thank you so much

godavari

Oct 30, 2017
Hi
For last 4 years my Address time line is
2017 NOV to 2018 OCT - INDIA
2018 OCT to PRESENT - CANADA (Permanent Resident)

According Question 10B) I Checked : "YES" as a response, for 183 days or more outside Canada in last 4 years.

Now my question is : For answering PCC part,
Should I obtain a Police Clearance Certificate from INDIA ?
OR
what is the EXPLANATION to write in this case (If PCC is not necessary as India is my country of origin before Permanent Resident)

Thankyou.

canvisa001

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018

Police certificate(s)

You don’t need to provide a police certificate if
  • you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
  • this time falls within the past 4 years
source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step4

Mah11

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Hi guys,
November is over, what should we do now? when is the best time for preparing ourselves for the test? Please let us know more if you have any ideas, thanks.

canvisa001

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
Hi guys,
November is over, what should we do now? when is the best time for preparing ourselves for the test? Please let us know more if you have any ideas, thanks.
Now we hibernate like everything else in winter :)

Just looking at the past data I'm estimating we should have a test dates around April, considering how the processing times are reducing (super slowly). Who knows maybe even March if Omicron doesn't slow things. :p

Reactions: Mah11

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Now we hibernate like everything else in winter :)

Just looking at the past data I'm estimating we should have a test dates around April, considering how the processing times are reducing (super slowly). Who knows maybe even March if Omicron doesn't slow things. :p
I was so tired of all paperwork that I didn't even read about the next steps... How do we receive the tests date? Should we expect an email after AOR? For now on all the communications are email only right?

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Hi
For last 4 years my Address time line is
2017 NOV to 2018 OCT - INDIA
2018 OCT to PRESENT - CANADA (Permanent Resident)

According Question 10B) I Checked : "YES" as a response, for 183 days or more outside Canada in last 4 years.

OR
what is the EXPLANATION to write in this case (If PCC is not necessary as India is my country of origin before Permanent Resident)

Thankyou.
not required as you were in your country right before you got PR.
I filled in online application but I still selected NO as an answer with no explanation ( July Applicant , AOR in October mid )