14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Still waiting Oath Mississauga office
My time line

Jan 17, 2022 Application filed
Oct 24, 2022 Fingerprints required
Nov 2, 2022 Fingerprint results: Received
Nov 3, 2022 Activity status updated: Background verification
Mar 14, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Mar 20, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

Apr 12, 2023 Interview required

Apr 12, 2023Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
Apr 12, 2023 Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
Apr 12, 2023 Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

Last Updated:April 14, 2023

Some one like me

I will call IRCC she told me you have to be patient and waiting for Email I told him the processing time for Citizenship It’s 19 month she told me you have to be patient.

Please any advice ????
Have you contacted your MP?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My time line

Mar 20, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

Some one like me

I will call IRCC she told me you have to be patient and waiting for Email I told him the processing time for Citizenship It’s 19 month she told me you have to be patient.

Please any advice ????
Emailing the oath scheduling email address should help for Mississauga office.

Jaz999

Star Member
Sep 19, 2022

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
What do you think it’s good

Dear immigration officer,

I would like to check when we can expect an Oath Ceremony invitation.

Everything other than Oath has been completed and Oath is at "Not started".

UCI:

Application ID:

Name:

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the email.

Please advise me
Thanks
Why are you rushing this? Many applications from 2021 are still processing. Considering your languages section was updated in April, I’d say wait and be patient like the person the phone advised. If you push them on this, what’s the guarantee they’ll expedite the process for your application?

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
November 2021?! Wow! This is over 19-month processing mark! If I were you I would contact MP, be sending webform every week/month asking for an update/more information.

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
November 2021?! Wow! This is over 19-month processing mark! If I were you I would contact MP, be sending webform every week/month asking for an update/more information.
Yeah well, if you look at the excel tracker, approx 40% of the applicants from November 2021 are still in the process. There was Covid lockdowns you know, that slowed down everyone’s applications. Mine is complete recently btw, just so you know.

Reactions: Dr. Walden

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Yeah well, if you look at the excel tracker, approx 40% of the applicants from November 2021 are still in the process. There was Covid lockdowns you know, that slowed down everyone’s applications. Mine is complete recently btw, just so you know.
Not really. Excel tracker is unreliable. Many who gets completed their oaths don’t return to mark. Furthermore that’s only a fraction of all the applicants. Applicants now lost faith in the process. As some get processed very fast and some goes to very long backlog queues. No one wants to get to stuck more than the usual time due to the previous experiences of being unnecessarily stucked. I don’t think it’s fair to say to someone who waited this long to be patient. It’s okay to try everything in your power without loosing it.

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Not really. Excel tracker is unreliable. Many who gets completed their oaths don’t return to mark. Furthermore that’s only a fraction of all the applicants. Applicants now lost faith in the process. As some get processed very fast and some goes to very long backlog queues. No one wants to get to stuck more than the usual time due to the previous experiences of being unnecessarily stucked. I don’t think it’s fair to say to someone who waited this long to be patient. It’s okay to try everything in your power without loosing it.
Well these are opinions at this point. To each their own. I myself wonder sometimes, if pushing the IRCC agents via phone calls and emails actually expedites many cases. I also wonder if pushing them by communicating with them, when they've already asked you to be patient, will actually have any good bearing on your application. After all they still have the power to reject an application, and they're all human beings at the end of the day. So how you present yourself and your personal comportment, might matter. So it seems to stay a matter of using ones wisdom, based on your own personal situation. And no one can argue that applications were delayed and still are being delayed due to Covid jacking up the state of affairs with many people's application processes, be it PR or Citizenship. Also bear in mind, in the case above the applicant has already reached out to the IRCC on the phone once and it's their agent who has asked the applicant to be patient. So there's that.

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
But Id also like to add that I agree with you in spirit, and understand the unjustness of the long processing times that have gone on for many years for a lot of us. I do not condone it. I think it is unfair to applicants who applied in good faith and submitted all the required documents and paid good money not only in fees but also taxes. I think we all deserve better.

vevebrown

May 1, 2016
Still waiting Oath
My time line

My question when approximately time for Oath
Any one like me
Thanks all
My time line

Some one like me

Please any advice ????
You are not alone in this - I am so frustrated also.

Everything was changed to completed May 2nd (with the exception of the oath).. and I have had nothing since then!! And before the May update I had zero updates since completing my test in AUGUST 2022 - I had to wait 9 months for the last update, so I guess I should just wait until Feb 2024 for my next update.

hussainm85

May 1, 2016
In a similar situation
Last update was Feb 1st for language complete and before that was Aug 2022 when citizen test was complete.
Still pending physical presence and prohibitions

sent two web forms asking for update so far without a response.

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
After months and months of waiting they've finally given me a test date and a request for fingerprints at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaz999