+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
I keep seeing that security screening can take up to 9 months. It seems they haven’t even started mine (that’s what IRCC call center told me). I’m already on year 2, so I guess it’ll take more than 23 months :(

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I have some travel plans and because of this unwanted delay I will have to get PR cards and passports renewed which is costly and time consuming process. OATH can come in middle anytime and waste all the effort put in renewing these documents. This is so bizarre from IRCC as to keep applications waiting endlessly without any ETA. Just give a generic processing time of 2+ years and no one has any idea what is hold up and no way to move along any blockers. Such a weird process where some lucky people can get everything in 6 months and some people have to wait for endlessly for the same process
In the same situation (Sep 21 applicant). Just renewed my expired PR card and passport expires in 3 months. Don't know whether to renew or wait. If I do renew, I may have to surrender it anyway. My background is still pending and there's no clarity on how long it will take. I have important life opportunities pending this year (which need citizenship) and want to go home to take care of my very sick parents at the end of their life, and it seems I must wait it out and watch them die on Skype and miss out on significant life opportunities. For IRCC, we are just file numbers- not humans with plans.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I keep seeing that security screening can take up to 9 months. It seems they haven’t even started mine (that’s what IRCC call center told me). I’m already on year 2, so I guess it’ll take more than 23 months :(
Did you get CBSA notes? They offer a document which details what's going on with security and criminality screening. If you haven't already, go ahead and make a CBSA privacy request, specifically asking for "application security activities". If you already received CBSA notes and didn't receive this information, email them and they will provide it.

That csis doesn't have your personal record, is useful information. It means that they haven't received a request from ircc. Also sometimes note that ircc can in some special cases, refer security screening to CBSA or another national security agency (instead of csis).

Also, There was one case where a guy figured out (from atip requests), that ircc had failed to properly convey the security screening request to CSIS and was able to complain and get the ball rolling ( note that In his case, ircc claimed that security was in progress, whilst CSIS didn't have a record).

So it's important to get hold of "application security activities" from CBSA to find out what's going on. I wouldn't trust the call centre agent on this- they may not be able to see the information that you need.

Last edited:

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
In the same situation (Sep 21 applicant). Just renewed my expired PR card and passport expires in 3 months. Don't know whether to renew or wait. If I do renew, I may have to surrender it anyway. My background is still pending and there's no clarity on how long it will take. I have important life opportunities pending this year (which need citizenship) and want to go home to take care of my very sick parents at the end of their life, and it seems I must wait it out and watch them die on Skype and miss out on significant life opportunities. For IRCC, we are just file numbers- not humans with plans.
Are you serious? If your parents are that sick and if are expecting bad news about them very soon, why are you thinking about whether to renew your passport or not? Is it money or the efforts required to renew the passport more important than your ill parents??

I don't know you personally and may not understand your situation correctly, but what you wrote did not make any sense. It really portrayed you as a bad son/daughter.

Last edited:

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Are you serious? If your parents are that sick and if are expecting bad news about them very soon, why are you thinking about whether to renew your passport or not? Is it money or the efforts required to renew the passport is more important than your ill parents??

I don't know you personally and may not understand your situation correctly, but what you wrote did not make any sense. It really portrayed you as a bad son/daughter.
End of life care means that I may require to be there for an extended period of time. I am of course committed to do that but it would mean that I risk losing my pr status and citizenship if I travel before oath. Ircc doesn't care.

Last edited:

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
End of life care means that I may require to be there for an extended period of time. I am of course committed to do that but it would mean that I risk losing my pr status and citizenship if I travel before oath. Ircc doesn't care.
Just an advice remember just an advice you may take it or not nothing more than that. You'll never lose your PR status, and in worse case scenario if needed you'll ask for oath reschedule. But believe me when I tell you this, your life will stay on hold till you do the finally part with your parents, and if you do it everything in your life will change, even if you lose the opportunities you have right now which I hope not, but even if that happened you'll get much better once when you do your part with your parents. They're waiting for you now. I'm telling you this because I know the kind of pain you talking about. I wish you the best.at the end if you didn't like it just ignore it.

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Anyone heard such case?

My wife received test invite yesterday, she had not even started for preparing for it and since today morning her profile is stuck at "loading" page.

As per posts on this forum, the profile gets stuck there only when you have oath coming soon. It surely not the case with my wife as her test is not yet done.

What could be the reason?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Anyone heard such case?

My wife received test invite yesterday, she had not even started for preparing for it and since today morning her profile is stuck at "loading" page.

As per posts on this forum, the profile gets stuck there only when you have oath coming soon. It surely not the case with my wife as her test is not yet done.

Could be some backend issue. Saw in some cases it getting resolved on its own or it started working on devices which were never used to login to tracker before like Tab, smartphone etc. Also try browser in-cognito mode.

You can raise a Technical issue webform with all the screenshot attached. If you get a generic response raise it again.

Reactions: anigdikar

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Anyone heard such case?

I have seen many cases where the profile is stuck on test invite as well on this forum. You need not worry. here are some of the posts. There are ofcourse lot more cases

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/march-2022-citizenship-applications.760106/post-10313819

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/loading-chargement-issue-in-tracker.779939/post-10335269

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2022-citizenship-applications.771789/post-10287184

Reactions: anigdikar

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
Did you get CBSA notes? They offer a document which details what's going on with security and criminality screening. If you haven't already, go ahead and make a CBSA privacy request, specifically asking for "application security activities". If you already received CBSA notes and didn't receive this information, email them and they will provide it.

That csis doesn't have your personal record, is useful information. It means that they haven't received a request from ircc. Also sometimes note that ircc can in some special cases, refer security screening to CBSA or another national security agency (instead of csis).

Also, There was one case where a guy figured out (from atip requests), that ircc had failed to properly convey the security screening request to CSIS and was able to complain and get the ball rolling ( note that In his case, ircc claimed that security was in progress, whilst CSIS didn't have a record).

So it's important to get hold of "application security activities" from CBSA to find out what's going on. I wouldn't trust the call centre agent on this- they may not be able to see the information that you need.
Thanks for this info! Just applied for cbsa notes.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Just an advice remember just an advice you may take it or not nothing more than that. You'll never lose your PR status, and in worse case scenario if needed you'll ask for oath reschedule. But believe me when I tell you this, your life will stay on hold till you do the finally part with your parents, and if you do it everything in your life will change, even if you lose the opportunities you have right now which I hope not, but even if that happened you'll get much better once when you do your part with your parents. They're waiting for you now. I'm telling you this because I know the kind of pain you talking about. I wish you the best.at the end if you didn't like it just ignore it.
Of course, the duty to one's parents must be fulfilled at all costs. All the best.

Jadjood

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Similar situation here , my CBSA notes show that criminality, security not started . My CSIS notes say there are no records. SoI guess IRCC sent request to CSIS and CSIS hasn’t responded yet because of their backlog . Once CSIS sends clearance back to IRCC, I might see this reflected on my application.
Some times IRCC has the response back from RCMP/CSIS and dose not show up until an officer opens the application for further processing.

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Similar situation here , my CBSA notes show that criminality, security not started . My CSIS notes say there are no records. SoI guess IRCC sent request to CSIS and CSIS hasn’t responded yet because of their backlog . Once CSIS sends clearance back to IRCC, I might see this reflected on my application.
Some times IRCC has the response back from RCMP/CSIS and dose not show up until an officer opens the application for further processing.
I think you are unlucky. Sydney office will check background first basically before transfer your app to secondary office (local office). If Sydney office don't do anything, it is still at Sydney forever (RCMP/CSBA not started). So i think your app got stuck at Sydney office which was not transferred. If I were you, I would resubmit app online again without receipt payment( no pay fee, and it will be resent). Only just wake up the agent to check the previously forgotten application.

St. Mikael

Apr 11, 2018
Found out that I am Scheduled for March 21, 2023 for my citizenship ceremony virtually. Invite will come 1 week prior.

finally!!!
How did you find out you were scheduled for March 21, 2023? My timeline is almost the same as yours. The latest update on my tracker was on Feb 09, 2023, but it reflects as Feb 07, 2023, on my application history.