+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Got CSIS notes in the mail: "Security Assessment: a search of this bank was conducted and no personal information concerning you was located."
..I don't think my application has been started yet. Despite being 'in progress'...
On the first page did it say in progress or finished,and you have your information on the second page ?

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
On the first page did it say in progress or finished,and you have your information on the second page ?
nope. The second page just discussed how they would process this request etc. nothing useful. Also, no no wordings related to 'in progress' or 'finished'. Total waste of time.

october9

Nov 17, 2015
Hi guys,
Today, I just received a new update on my tracker. My language skills, prohibitions, and physical presence have all been completed. However, I haven't received an email regarding my citizenship ceremony yet. How long can I expect it to take to receive an invitation for the ceremony? I'm a bit worried because I'll be leaving Canada for a long trip at the end of April, and I want to make sure I'll be able to complete the process and get my new Canadian passport before I go.

Timeline
Applied for Citizenship Online: November 12, 2021
Office: Don't know
AoR: Feb 02, 2022
BG complete: July 28, 2022
Test invite: Aug 10, 2022
Test taken: Aug 15, 2022
Test complete: Aug 16, 2022
Language skills, physical presence, prohibitions complete: Feb 07, 2023

Last edited:

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Hi guys,
Today, I just received a new update on my tracker. My language skills, prohibitions, and physical presence have all been completed. However, I haven't received an email regarding my citizenship ceremony yet. How long can I expect it to take to receive an invitation for the ceremony? I'm a bit worried because I'll be leaving Canada for a long trip at the end of April, and I want to make sure I'll be able to complete the process and get my new Canadian passport before I go.

Timeline
First, congratulations.
And no worries you finish the important step, your oath most likely end of February beginning of March. All the best.

jarvisc536

Sep 7, 2021
DITTO. But Feb 09.

Hi guys,

Timeline

akshatk

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
28-09-2016
File Transfer...
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
01-05-2016
DITTO. But Feb 09.
yep, same
Hi guys,

Timeline
same with my wife’s application as well

nousername1

Feb 3, 2023
Hi guys,

Timeline
FYI it can take months, for me everything except for oath is completed since May 31, 2022.

Sohpie2017

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Hi guys,

Timeline
Hi, congrats, which office is your file at?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
FYI it can take months, for me everything except for oath is completed since May 31, 2022.
Did you try calling IRCC or dropping an email to your processing office as 9 months is a pretty long time to schedule an oath. Sometimes a nudge is needed for them to realize you are waiting for a long time.

nousername1

Feb 3, 2023
You must email back to your test invite office or reach out to mp. Very unusual . Ideally you get invite less than month cz there is nothing more to process
I wonder why you were sitting idle for this long? 9 months just for oath.. ridiculous!!!
Did you try calling IRCC or dropping an email to your processing office as 9 months is a pretty long time to schedule an oath. Sometimes a nudge is needed for them to realize you are waiting for a long time.
There actually was one more step in our application. We were invited for an interview in December. The officer asked a few basic questions and checked our passports. It's been two months since the interview without any update.

We actually spent almost a year abroad, and I'm assuming it impacts the processing time, though in our case only the oath step is pending.

Reactions: forw.jane