Citizenship test request: August 24, 2022
Test Completed : September 9, 2022
Tracker Status updated to Test Completed: September 12, 2022
Background check Completed: September 15, 2022
Invitation to Oath Ceremony: November 24, 2022
Ceremony Date: January 17, 2023
Application Closed in Tracker: January 19, 2023
Citizenship Certificate Received: January 24, 2023

Been quite the journey from student to citizen!
Congrats! Wondering how you are able to receive the certificate so quickly. Did you ask them to expedite it?

Richaki

Nov 20, 2018
Congrats! Wondering how you are able to receive the certificate so quickly. Did you ask them to expedite it?
Nope didn’t ask them anything! Just did the oath submitted the form the same day and certificate came on the date in my timeline.

Reactions: wink

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
I have a question.

I submitted my application in January 2022 and have completed the test. The application is being processed at Scarborough office.
My wife's application was submitted in November 2021 and has not got any progress after AOR. I have submitted a request for ATIP notes in October, but have not received them. So I dont exactly know which office is processing that application.

Both application have got same home address. Is it safe to assume that the other application is also being processed at Scarborough office? Can I drop an email to the email address from which I got my test invite?

I am in favor of dropping that email, just wanted to know third person's view of any possible risk or repercussion.

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
But their processing times are 24 months? So your within the time frame?!
Yeah, I understand that we're all in the '24 month' time window. But the fact that 2022 online/paper applicants are already done their process isnt right. The point of going to the news its to bring awareness - if IRCC feels the pressure from the public they may act on it....i think? Your MP, calling IRCC or the webform is quite useless imo.

hfxfilms2020

Star Member
Oct 7, 2022
Yeah, I understand that we're all in the '24 month' time window. But the fact that 2022 online/paper applicants are already done their process isnt right. The point of going to the news its to bring awareness - if IRCC feels the pressure from the public they may act on it....i think? Your MP, calling IRCC or the webform is quite useless imo.
I get it, but it won't add any pressure, if your within normal processing times. And thy need to do some of the new applications else th backlog is never ending, and it varies from office to office, sometimes it's just being unlucky based on office

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I get it, but it won't add any pressure, if your within normal processing times. And thy need to do some of the new applications else th backlog is never ending, and it varies from office to office, sometimes it's just being unlucky based on office
The service standard is 12 months and most new applications are being processed quickly so 24 months (and endless uncertainty) is totally unacceptable. It would seem that many Sep-dec 2021 online applications are still pending (I’m late Sep)

hfxfilms2020

Star Member
Oct 7, 2022
The service standard is 12 months and most new applications are being processed quickly so 24 months (and endless uncertainty) is totally unacceptable. It would seem that many Sep-dec 2021 online applications are still pending (I’m late Sep)
Yes but, the processing times are 24 months and all this is well documented on the news etc....so going on the news, for an application that is within 24 months is nothing new....it's what everyone already knows. I'm July 2021, Ita terrible, but at the sam time, I know it's the case so....

shadowdawn

Jan 20, 2022
Yes agreed processing times are 24 months but they never process the application though .It was left untouched for months. Online tracker also giving false information that every item is in process assuming IRCC working on it. IRCC should be transparent saying if something not started then should specify not started instead displaying in process. Basically IRCC portrays each and every application is different and should take longer time for completion . Technically if you minus idle time every application should take less than 6 months.

In my case luckily I been receiving all my GCMS notes applied , I have GCMS notes before and after my test almost for every 1.5 months. From my last 3 notes that tells IRCC didn't even looked into my application after test invite and showing on application tracker every other items were in progress which is false and deceiving information.

Hopefully things get better.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Yes but, the processing times are 24 months and all this is well documented on the news etc....so going on the news, for an application that is within 24 months is nothing new....it's what everyone already knows. I'm July 2021, Ita terrible, but at the sam time, I know it's the case so....
There is a difference between the service standard and (alleged) processing time. The service standard is 12 months to process 80% of applications. Currently they are processing just under 80% to the 12 month service standard, so the claimed 24 month processing time is patently false and is just being used as an excuse to ignore the 2021 backlog.