+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

Doh355

Jan 20, 2023
well, I emailed them and they responded with 'you have not been invited to take the test test. please wait to be invited'.
Which email address did you send your email to? I'm curious to try and do that myself. I've had no updates since Jul. 19 when my background check was marked as "completed" and my AOR is Feb. 03. No idea why it is taking so long for them to send a test invite.

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
Seems like this thread is slowly dying - anyone from nov2021 still waiting for any type of update at all or did everyone just stop checking

vevebrown

May 1, 2016
your timeline is similar to my mom, she is a Calgary applicant AOR of Feb. 10th assigned to Vancouver office and she has no update since Aug 10 (background check). My dad who applied one month after my mom already got oath invite for Feb.09. Is your prohibition and physical presence completed?
No, both are marked as in progress.

Sohpie2017

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Seems like this thread is slowly dying - anyone from nov2021 still waiting for any type of update at all or did everyone just stop checking
My mom (AOR Feb 10), still waiting for physical and prohibition and oath to complete. she is a Calgary applicant and processing office is Vancouver.

bellissima

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
The thread is dying because no one has any updates to share. :)
Our applications are deep in some backlog untouched after the latest system update. I still hope we see some movements soon.

Reactions: polk and pripri14

MChief117

Star Member
Aug 24, 2022
Just no updates.... for me none after test 5 months ago... some are even at AOR stage... just waiting is all with nothing to report

LeonPolk

Nov 19, 2021
I believe that most people are checking on a regular basis. It appears to me that Nov 2021 applications have stalled a bit at IRCC .

I took my test on Nov 13, 2022 . Other than the ghost update that everyone received on Dec 16, 2022 nothing has changed on my application status.

I do still login to the tracker once a day to look for any updates. I'm not in a rush to get my application completed but I do wish there was some kind of time standard to when we can expect changes during each step. There are people who applied a year before me that are waiting to be completed. On the other hand, there are people that applied way after me and they already have their citizenship. The whole system makes no sense when it comes to timing. I realize that there are unique situations that require additional processing time. However, I expect those situations to be in the minority.

Ronny07

Jul 9, 2013
Hi guys,
I have never posted here before. Just an update. I applied on November 22, 2021 and passed my test on November 24, 2022.

So, I got an email 2 weeks ago from Scarborough office asking me for an in person interview on January 24,2023 @10AM. Apparently, they wanted to verify my documents and english knowledge. So, I went there today. I got there around 9:30 Am. Interview was literally 2 minutes long. The officer only asked me about my work and didn’t even look at my passport properly. He just checked my name and asked me if I wanted to take an oath today and obviously why would I say no. I have been waiting for this day for FOREVER!!

He asked me if I brought my PR card along and then sent me to a waiting room and asked me to wait for my name to be called. 5 minutes later my name was called along with one more person. We went inside and there was guy inside. He didn’t look like a citizenship judge by his appearance. He asked me if I was ready to take the oath and I said “YES”

I repeated the oath after him and surrendered my PR card and got my citizenship certificate on the spot. I was out of there by 10:10 AM. Honestly, I didn’t expect any of that. I just couldn’t believe how quickly everything happened.

kantara

Nov 7, 2022
Ronny congrats, can you please share your exact timeline?

Hi guys,
I have never posted here before. Just an update. I applied on November 22, 2021 and passed my test on November 24, 2022.

So, I got an email 2 weeks ago from Scarborough office asking me for an in person interview on January 24,2023 @10AM. Apparently, they wanted to verify my documents and english knowledge. So, I went there today. I got there around 9:30 Am. Interview was literally 2 minutes long. The officer only asked me about my work and didn’t even look at my passport properly. He just checked my name and asked me if I wanted to take an oath today and obviously why would I say no. I have been waiting for this day for FOREVER!!

He asked me if I brought my PR card along and then sent me to a waiting room and asked me to wait for my name to be called. 5 minutes later my name was called along with one more person. We went inside and there was guy inside. He didn’t look like a citizenship judge by his appearance. He asked me if I was ready to take the oath and I said “YES”

I repeated the oath after him and surrendered my PR card and got my citizenship certificate on the spot. I was out of there by 10:10 AM. Honestly, I didn’t expect any of that. I just couldn’t believe how quickly everything happened.

Ronny07

Jul 9, 2013
Ronny congrats, can you please share your exact timeline?
Thank you so much!
Here’s my timeline-

Applied- November 22, 2021 (ONLINE)
AOR- February 08, 2022
Fingerprint request- September 1, 2022
Fingerprint results received- October 12,2022
Test Invite- November 18, 2022
Test passed- November 24, 2022
Interview Invite(In person)- January 24, 2023
Oath ceremony- January 24, 2023( It was a surprise)
Certificate received- January 24,2023

Online tracker shows the test and background as completed. Everything else is still in progress and citizenship ceremony as not started

Last edited:
Reactions: akshatk

Richaki

Nov 20, 2018
Well here is a good news story to hopefully bring some hope of movement

Application type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1375
Application: Single
Application sent: November 28, 2021
Delivered: November 28, 2021
AOR: February 9, 2022
FP Request: August 18, 2022
FP Submitted: August 24, 2022
Citizenship test request: August 24, 2022
Test Completed : September 9, 2022
Tracker Status updated to Test Completed: September 12, 2022
Background check Completed: September 15, 2022
Invitation to Oath Ceremony: November 24, 2022
Ceremony Date: January 17, 2023
Application Closed in Tracker: January 19, 2023
Citizenship Certificate Received: January 24, 2023

Been quite the journey from student to citizen!

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Thank you so much!
Here’s my timeline-

Applied- November 22, 2021 (ONLINE)
AOR- February 08, 2022
Fingerprint request- September 1, 2022
Fingerprint results received- October 12,2022
Test Invite- November 18, 2022
Test passed- November 24, 2022
Interview Invite(In person)- January 24, 2023
Oath ceremony- January 24, 2023( It was a surprise)
Certificate received- January 24,2023

ECAS shows the test and background as completed. Everything else is still in progress and citizenship ceremony as not started
A huge congratulations from the bottom of my heart update us about the passport process don't forget
But I want to ask you how you've been able to see E Cas and you're an online applicant can you please clarify

Ronny07

Jul 9, 2013
A huge congratulations from the bottom of my heart update us about the passport process don't forget
But I want to ask you how you've been able to see E Cas and you're an online applicant can you please clarify
Hey, thankyou so much. I am sorry I meant to write online tracker but for some reason I wrote Ecas. I just fixed it