Physical presence: Nov 14th, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship oath: Nov 14th, 2022
NOTICE TO APPEAR: Oath Dec 1st
Notice to collect Certificate in person (Montreal) Dec 14th
Passport Application Dec 14th
Picked up Passport Dec 28th.

Case closed.
Good luck folks.
Congratulations! Can you confirm if your BCG ever showed as Completed on the tracker?

wink

May 25, 2021
Thank you for your email. Here is the update received on Friday November 4, 2022:
- Application received November 16, 2021 by mail -At Sydney, NS office
- Requesting of ATIP notes by Client several times.
- Client provided city of birth correction - will need to verify - no processing started as yet.
There is currently no updates regarding the application for your citizenship. Please be advised that when you request ATIP or GCSM notes this stops any potential work on your file as it is transferred to another office to get your request completed.
Our next update will be in January 2023.
Warm Regards,
Kristina Mortley (she/her/elle) Office of Iqra Khalid Member of Parliament Mississauga - Erin Mills
Office | Bureau: (905) 820 8814 # 41, 3184 Ridgeway Dr
Mississauga (ON), L5L 5S7

Critical Info!!! Converted to text so that it would be searchable in the future.
@RefugeeHelp1 - Did you know about this?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2021-citizenship-applications.748617/post-10316893

Though it is in the same thread, posting it here (as response to this) again for future reference...

Last edited:

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
As did I. That's why I applied for my notes several times. Here is an image link of a screenshot I took from the email I received from my MP with the following information. https://ibb.co/26Q1xBK
I think this is deterrence - if requesting ATIP really did slow down applications then people would have already felt the longer timeline. I am not an expert but how does wanting to know what/where YOUR OWN application processing is impact your application timeline. This is just a way to deter people from submitting requests while people are still waiting for significant amount of time to get their application processed. Shambolic IRCC!!!

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thank you for your email. Here is the update received on Friday November 4, 2022:
- Application received November 16, 2021 by mail -At Sydney, NS office
- Requesting of ATIP notes by Client several times.
- Client provided city of birth correction - will need to verify - no processing started as yet.
There is currently no updates regarding the application for your citizenship. Please be advised that when you request ATIP or GCSM notes this stops any potential work on your file as it is transferred to another office to get your request completed.
Our next update will be in January 2023.
Warm Regards,
Kristina Mortley (she/her/elle) Office of Iqra Khalid Member of Parliament Mississauga - Erin Mills
Office | Bureau: (905) 820 8814 # 41, 3184 Ridgeway Dr
Mississauga (ON), L5L 5S7

Critical Info!!! Converted to text so that it would be searchable in the future.
@RefugeeHelp1 - Did you know about this?
This MP is trying to stop you from requesting your notes, r trying to stop you from contacting her from doing it, she is being lazy.
IRCC is like any other company they have departments or divisions

• Admissions and client support: responsible for processing applications for permanent and temporary residence in Canada, as well as providing support to clients throughout the immigration process
  • Citizenship: responsible for processing applications for Canadian citizenship, including verifying that applicants meet the eligibility requirements and conducting citizenship tests and ceremonies
  • Immigration and refugee protection: responsible for developing and implementing policies and programs related to immigration and refugee protection in Canada
  • International and intergovernmental relations: responsible for negotiating and implementing international agreements related to immigration and refugees, as well as maintaining relationships with other governments and international organizations
  • Operations: responsible for managing the operations of IRCC, including budget and financial planning, human resources, and information management
And within these Divisions, they have teams /departments
  • ATIP
  • Intake
  • T1 / T2
  • Complex processing
  • PR
  • Visa
And sooooo many other.

So when you send your ATIP request and it goes to the ATIP team it has nothing to do with the processing of your application as each team has a different level of access to the system on a need-to-know basis.

Now, people do move up in org move to different teams and maybe re-purposed for a different reason as business needs change.

Have you noticed that no one since around Aug has gotten their ATIP notes since ( IRCC can ask all the ATIP staff to stop working on these requests and let them fall into a backlog and they will accept the risk to the business from a ATIP backlog point of view) and then may have put these people on the team that need support, like processing agents, to process more files and get people out of a backlog as it relates the processing of their files?

Anyways, I am irritated by that MP's blatant lie.

Here is a Twee from this awesome Lawyer that i follow on Twitter, he shows what the process for MPs are to request this information, in some cases IRCC even ask MP's to not share certain information with us, they are all shady as hell.

And here is another one as well

You should tell him you will sue him for his lies and try to deter you from requesting information that is your right.

It is not appropriate for a Member of Parliament (MP) to interfere with the processing of an immigration file or to provide false information about the status of an application. If an MP has sent you an email stating that an Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) request will stop your file from moving forward, this statement is incorrect.

ATIP requests are a way for individuals to access certain information held by the government, and they do not automatically halt the processing of an immigration file. It is possible that requesting an ATIP note could slow down the processing of your application, but it would not stop it entirely.

One option is to file a complaint with the House of Commons' Standing Committee on Procedure and House Affairs. This committee has the authority to consider and report on matters related to the privileges, rights, and duties of MPs, including allegations of misconduct.

See how fast She would take back that comment LOL I am sure you do not have time to file this but just sying these people are aggravating.

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
This is conflicting. I don't know if my MP's office information is ineligible or if it has changed over the course of close to 5 years since that tweet was posted.
I have always submitted multiple ATIP requests, for my PR and Citizenship applications. Typically 3-4 per application, and my processing time was always relatively fast. So no, ATIP requests do not slow down your application. At least in my experience.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I have always submitted multiple ATIP requests, for my PR and Citizenship applications. Typically 3-4 per application, and my processing time was always relatively fast. So no, ATIP requests do not slow down your application. At least in my experience.
IKR for my PR application i have over 30 ATIP lol i used to get them for fun back in the day, for my citizenship i only have 1 n i do not need one anymore.... yet

Reactions: GD.Iron.80

ISB201

Aug 1, 2022
Hello All, I wish all you good luck in your cases.

I need advice if any body knows. i have received Oath taking ceremony invite on Zoom link. My children (2 daughters) are minors under age 14. The email is saying they are not required to participate in Oath. My daughters are out side Canada with their mother due to the ailment of their grand mother.

Do they need to be in Canada at the time of oath regardless of the matter of their participation in Zoom oath? Can any body clarify? Thanks.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other

I need advice if any body knows. i have received Oath taking ceremony invite on Zoom link. My children (2 daughters) are minors under age 14. The email is saying they are not required to participate in Oath. My daughters are out side Canada with their mother due to the ailment of their grand mother.

Do they need to be in Canada at the time of oath regardless of the matter of their participation in Zoom oath? Can any body clarify? Thanks.

As far as I know, the child does not need to be in Canada, but I would suggest asking in the email IRCC send you and they can tell you if the child needs to be here or not.

But I think since they do not need to be at the ceremony it should not even matter once a parent or guardian is there

wink

May 25, 2021

Whether they participate in the Zoom call or not, you need to cut their PR card during the call (as part of the oath process)... then you need to take care of getting their Canadian passport for them to come back to Canada... And also you need to figure out how passport would reach out to them... Looks like you need to postpone their Oath, is my guess... if you are from a country which allows dual citizenship, then maybe they can use their passport of their country of origin... I am not sure though...

Last edited:

missymary

Jan 6, 2023
Applied in Nov 2021
Additional documents requested Feb 2022. No activity after that. Created multiple webforms.
Any suggestions would be appreciated