+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

S.loey

Sep 19, 2017
Hi guys. Has anybody recently received a ghost update? My wife's app got one today. Wondering how long may it take to get an actual progress in the application.
I got it aswell now says updated to 16 December but nothing was updated in file

Reactions: tgman

Sara_ell

Jul 12, 2019
Almost same timeline!
1100 days, single online application, submitted Nov 23, AOR Feb 8th, test complete Sept 1, email requesting passport copies Dec 15!

Did you send everything in a single file? I have 2 passports to scan so not sure how to fit everything in under 5MB or can it be multiple files each under 5MB?
hey only saw your reply today - it’s just me in my application so I just did my own plus PR card. Combined in one doc. It was a huge pita to do it. Had to use cam scanner app, as my stupid scanner and computer refuse to see each other, even when they sit next to each other - then emailed myself the photos and messed around with them in Preview and Adobe.

I’m on a Mac I think I opened all the images together in preview, resized the whole lot until I got a file size within their accepted largest file. Then had to printing as pdf a couple of times before the pdf was also small. I don’t know how many pages your passports are but I think if it was just two passports the above should still work.

kartikkdh

Jan 3, 2018
Hi,

This question is for online applicants. Did we have the option to pay for the citizenship certificate while filling out the online application? I remember paying only 630 CAD.

Thanks

dt12

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Finally I got oath invite in Jan 2023. Unfortunately my whole family is outside Canada that week. If I want to reschedule for me, spouse and kids does each of us have to contact them individually or I can do for all?

Last edited:

Kuala2022

Feb 14, 2022
Hello everyone,

I received the passport copies request email from Surrey office, BC on Oct 20 and sent them right away.
Been almost 2 months since then..Still no progress!! so worried about the process..

Prohibitions, Physical Presence and Language Skills in process. Oath Ceremony still not started..
Please inform me if you are in the same situation. Is this normal??

Vancouver, family
App sent: 30 Nov 2021
AOR: 11 Feb 2022
Background Completed: 3 March 2022
Test Invite Sent: 16 June 2022
Test Taken Online: 17 June 2022
Test Updated to Completed: 20 June 2022

Elgar33

Jun 22, 2022
hey only saw your reply today - it’s just me in my application so I just did my own plus PR card. Combined in one doc. It was a huge pita to do it. Had to use cam scanner app, as my stupid scanner and computer refuse to see each other, even when they sit next to each other - then emailed myself the photos and messed around with them in Preview and Adobe.

I’m on a Mac I think I opened all the images together in preview, resized the whole lot until I got a file size within their accepted largest file. Then had to printing as pdf a couple of times before the pdf was also small. I don’t know how many pages your passports are but I think if it was just two passports the above should still work.
I did something similar but could use the scanner. It was a pain, low image quality in the scanner. 18 pages total in the PDF file compressed so much that some words were difficult to read. I did not include my PR card, did they specifically ask for it? I didn't read it anywhere.

LALAZEE

Mar 22, 2018
Update Dec 23, oath ceremony: January 10,2023

Calgary application
AOR : Feb 8,2022
Citizenship test: completed Aug 2022
Passport request : Dec 12, 2022
LPP: completed Dec 16 , 2022
Citizenship ceremony: in progress, Jan 10,2023

Reactions: Dorian_M and tgman

Sara_ell

Jul 12, 2019
I did something similar but could use the scanner. It was a pain, low image quality in the scanner. 18 pages total in the PDF file compressed so much that some words were difficult to read. I did not include my PR card, did they specifically ask for it? I didn't read it anywhere.
it asked for travel documents and the pr card is a travel document, so I included it.
I still haven’t had a notification either through email or on the tracker to say they’ve received it

dungle87

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Saskatchewan
Update Dec 23, Oath ceremony: January 09,2023

Application Date : Nov 30, 2021, Online - Single - Vancouver Office
AOR : Feb 09, 2022

Test Complete: Sept 09, 2022
Background Complete: Sept 15, 2022

Language, Prohibitions, Physical presence Complete: Sept 23, 2022

Citizenship ceremony: in progress, Jan 09, 2023

Reactions: MChief117

maakrose

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
17 February 2015
AOR Received.
25 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
9 May 2015
Med's Done....
24 May 2015 & New Born on 1 July
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
4 Sep'15, Submitted to RVO on 8th Sep
VISA ISSUED...
16 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
March 2016...Alhamdulillah
Received Ghost update Dec-16 on mine and wife’s Tracker but nothing changed..
Received another Ghost Update today Nov 27, No change on Wife’s app, but mine BG changed back to In-progress…
After 9-months of waiting BG changed to completed and now back to in-progress..

My timeline is (Paper Application)- Family(wife +3kids)
APP Sent Nov 01 | Received Nov 05
AOR JAN 20
FP req Feb 15 | FP submitted Feb 16
Wife’s BG completed Feb 16
Test Invite May 20 (Edmonton Office)
Test Given May 23 | Test Updated June 07
BG completed-Nov 26

And nothing moving since then
Language, Physical presence, Prohibitions- In progress (All in-progress)