+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Congratulations!! I had mine on Dec 13, same as you after 13 months of applying. Any idea on when we will receive the citizenship certificate?
Congrats! I believe they mailed the certificate the next day, as I followed up with them and they confirmed that. I anticipate it'll be in the mail either this week or early next week. Canada Post states that regular mail locally takes 2 business days. Not sure why IRCC say 2-4 weeks, maybe it's just to be on the "safe side", but most people seem to get it within 7-14 days.

VcanadaVisa

Nov 8, 2022
Congrats! I believe they mailed the certificate the next day, as I followed up with them and they confirmed that. I anticipate it'll be in the mail either this week or early next week. Canada Post states that regular mail locally takes 2 business days. Not sure why IRCC say 2-4 weeks, maybe it's just to be on the "safe side", but most people seem to get it within 7-14 days.
That's awesome! I hope NGR Falls office do the same and I receive it by next week. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: GD.Iron.80

bellissima

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Anyone from Scarborough office get any updates this week?

Just wondering if they are still pushing applications for this year! Or do we need to wait for 2023. No updates since my completed test status on Aug 25.
No update since I completed the test in mid August. A few pages back in this thread you can see how many of us are stuck at the same stage. And a quick scan throught the forum threads for 2021 and 2022 applicants shows that Dec2021 and even Jan2022 online applicants are getting ceremonies. Really dicouraging. I also started concidering applying for notes.

Reactions: MChief117

kartikkdh

Jan 3, 2018
Hi, I checked my tracker this morning and from my Citizenship Test marked as "Completed," it has reverted back to "Not started." Has anyone else experienced this? Or know why this happen?

Applied: Nov 9, 2021
AOR: Feb 3, 2022
BG Verified: Oct 17, 2022
Citizenship test invite: Nov 7, 2022
Citizenship test: Nov 17, 2022, Completed in Nov 23, 2022 - but now again marked as "Not started"
Prohibition, language skill, physical presence: In Progress
Hi, any update on the same? I had everything marked as completed (except for Oath) and on the 13th of December everything was moved to "in progress" (except oath, test and background check).

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
I just comepleted my Virtual Oath (Montreal)
Started 8:15 AM
Ended 10:45 AM
All went smooth.
They gave us an option to pick up citizenship certificate in person on 14 Dec 2022. If not they will post it later on.

My online tracker didnot worked untill today (From Oath Invitation date which is 23 Nov 2022).
It started working again post the ceremeny. (But no chnages yet on the status, ofcourse)

All the best to everyone. Will keep you posted as and when applicable.
Collected my Citizenship certificate physically by going to the office suggested on the day. And my application status turned to closed.
Will be doing the passport and other stuff.
Thanks all and hope you all cross the bridge soon.

magsmagsy

Dec 13, 2022
Hi, any update on the same? I had everything marked as completed (except for Oath) and on the 13th of December everything was moved to "in progress" (except oath, test and background check).
I checked this morning, and my Test moved again to "In Progress." And that apparently I have until November 28th to complete it, which was the same deadline I got when they first sent it out. Perhaps it's a glitch?

davidfore

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
No update since I completed the test in mid August. A few pages back in this thread you can see how many of us are stuck at the same stage. And a quick scan throught the forum threads for 2021 and 2022 applicants shows that Dec2021 and even Jan2022 online applicants are getting ceremonies. Really dicouraging. I also started concidering applying for notes.

Same boat guys, August test. nothing after that :) hopefully we get some updates as X-mas presents :)

Elgar33

Jun 22, 2022
I just got an email requesting scans of all passport pages from my eligibility period. I have 21 days to submit the scans. Good thing it arrived today as I'm leaving tomorrow to spend 3 weeks in my home country and I wasn't planning on traveling with my previous expired passport.

Reactions: MChief117