+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

fifi02

Star Member
Jul 20, 2022
Hey everyone, my oath was done on 7th and I still don't see any update on online tracker.
I would understand if my certificate took more then 1 month to be delivered even tho it takes 2-3 weeks max.
Is there any issues with online update?
what's your office?

Reactions: Sam_mak

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Does anyone know if as a backup you can join the Citizenship Ceremony from your iPad or iPhone? In a situation where there were technical issues with your laptop.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Checkout my signature!

Reactions: pripri14

Richaki

Nov 20, 2018
Well folks it’s finally here

Application type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1375
Application: Single
Application sent: November 28, 2021
Delivered: November 28, 2021
AOR: February 9, 2022
FP Request: August 18, 2022
FP Submitted: August 24, 2022
Citizenship test request: August 24, 2022
Test Completed : September 9, 2022
Tracker Status updated to Test Completed: September 12, 2022
Background check Completed: September 15, 2022
Invitation to Oath Ceremony: November 24, 2022
Ceremony Date: January 5, 2023

woohoo

bl00m

Jun 23, 2022
Hey guys.
Had my oath on Nov.14. And there was an update today and my case is now closed.
Do you know if it has any correlation with the status of my certificate? Does it mean they mailed it today? From what i've read here someone stated it means ircc closes the case and mails corresponding certificate, but another person claimed they had their status still "In progress" when they got their certificate.
Does ircc use regular mail?

Feb 24, 2013
Your citizenship
application status:
Closed
Reason: We have approved
your application to become a
Canadian citizen.
Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian
citizen. Welcome to the
Canadian family!
Within the next few weeks,
you'll receive documents and
information for your next steps
as a new citizen.
Find information and services
for new Canadians [, such as
applying for a passport
voting in an election
1 year of free admission to
Canada's natural parks and
cultural centres

VcanadaVisa

Nov 8, 2022
Finally tracker got updated with 5 new updates at once today.

4th Nov - Request for copies of Passport in email (Tracker updated on Nov 8th for the request)
7th Nov - Language, Physical Presence, Prohibition Completed (Got updated on Tracker today Nov/25)
21st Nov - Citizenship Oath - in Progress update (Got updated on Tracker today Nov/25)
13th Dec - Scheduled for Citizenship Oath Ceremony (Got updated on Tracker today Nov/25)

I was losing my mind that I didn't receive any updates since Nov 04 when I sent copies of Passport. Got all the updates at once today on tracker.

awais174

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
I
Does anyone know if as a backup you can join the Citizenship Ceremony from your iPad or iPhone? In a situation where there were technical issues with your laptop.
I think the invitation letter I got mentioned about using tablet.

Besides, why would they care as long as they can properly watch you cutting the PR card in four pieces.

Reactions: Shining Moon

awais174

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Hey guys.
Had my oath on Nov.14. And there was an update today and my case is now closed.
Do you know if it has any correlation with the status of my certificate? Does it mean they mailed it today? From what i've read here someone stated it means ircc closes the case and mails corresponding certificate, but another person claimed they had their status still "In progress" when they got their certificate.
Does ircc use regular mail?
I saw the same update today for myself too. The application is closed. The tracker shows that oath was completed on November 23rd. Whereas, I took the virtual oath on 16th November. I am assuming they dispatched the certificate on 23rd November, and hoping to receive it next week.

polk

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
I have my virtual oath ceremony with the Scarborough office on Dec 7th. I travel on the 23rd. A bit nervous about receiving the certificate on time. Anyone can chime in on the appx # of days to receive the certificate after the virtual oath?

Reactions: MChief117

canvisa001

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
I think you can using whatever platform that supports zoom. They just need to be able to see the applicants clearly and be able to see you cutting up the PR card.

I had my oath a few days ago and there were folks using their phone and walking around before the ceremony started.

Reactions: GD.Iron.80