+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

pripri14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Thank you all for your kind replies and sharing your timelines. It seems like a lot of us are in same situation. I guess the waiting continues...

Geo_Chief777

Nov 9, 2022
Hi Everyone -

I am feeling very disappointed with my case processing timelines. Pls. let me know if anyone has faced my situation are in the same boat.

Submitted a paper application (family of 4). Both me and my spouse were requested for Fingerprints on 16-Feb-2022. The fingerprints were given on 17-Feb-2022. Since then, there has been no update on our application. The status of Fingerprints requested has not been updated in our timelines. Currently I see no updates beyond 18-Jan-2022 which was the application acknowledgement. My partner's status has Background Check completed on 15-March, but the timelines does not have any update on Fingerprints requested or received.

Paper Application
Sent : Nov 13 , 2021
AOR Received : Jan 18, 2022

No Updates since then. (Last update date is the Ghost Update- 7th October)

Have tried multiple times to talk an agent but still NO luck, keep hearing the same message, that due to high incoming call volumes unable to transfer the call to an agent. Have been trying continuously for the past several weeks.

Pls. let me know if anyone has faced a similar situation..???

• Sad
Reactions: MChief117

mht12sain

Sep 1, 2022
Nice! Congrats! Did you tracker update the same time as you got the email to "Citizenship Ceremony: In Progress"? Or does it still show "Not Started"?

I got my ceremony scheduled too, but tracker still says "Not Started"
Thanks! no updates on the tracker. It still shows not started.

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Hi Everyone -

I am feeling very disappointed with my case processing timelines. Pls. let me know if anyone has faced my situation are in the same boat.

Submitted a paper application (family of 4). Both me and my spouse were requested for Fingerprints on 16-Feb-2022. The fingerprints were given on 17-Feb-2022. Since then, there has been no update on our application. The status of Fingerprints requested has not been updated in our timelines. Currently I see no updates beyond 18-Jan-2022 which was the application acknowledgement. My partner's status has Background Check completed on 15-March, but the timelines does not have any update on Fingerprints requested or received.

Paper Application

Have tried multiple times to talk an agent but still NO luck, keep hearing the same message, that due to high incoming call volumes unable to transfer the call to an agent. Have been trying continuously for the past several weeks.

But wait you didn't receive that they received the fingerprints
Because in my dad's situation they acknowledged the receipt of fingerprints but they didn't do anything else nothing completed

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Hi Everyone -

Paper Application

Maybe trying calling from a different no. Also try calling between 2pm-4pm,I havr had more luck then, less international calls. Trying reaching out to your MP, sent webform and apply for GCMS notes. The whole thing just sucks. I have had no update since May.

Geo_Chief777

Nov 9, 2022
But wait you didn't receive that they received the fingerprints
Because in my dad's situation they acknowledged the receipt of fingerprints but they didn't do anything else nothing completed
I neither have an update in my timeline that Fingerprint was requested nor received the fingerprints. Absolutely nothing since the AOR update :-(

Geo_Chief777

Nov 9, 2022
Maybe trying calling from a different no. Also try calling between 2pm-4pm,I havr had more luck then, less international calls. Trying reaching out to your MP, sent webform and apply for GCMS notes. The whole thing just sucks. I have had no update since May.
can you pls. let me know on how to reach the MP and to apply for GCMS notes..??

Sorry, I have no idea about this. Thanks in advance.

Geo_Chief777

Nov 9, 2022
one more question.. How long will it take to get a response for a webform...??

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
I submitted a request for ATIP notes on 28th October. In the acknowledgement email, a temporary request number is provided and is mentioned that a permanent number will be provided once the request is registered. Can some tell me when will that be done? It's already been 3 weeks and still don't see any movement.

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Hi Everyone -

Paper Application

Just to make you feel better, check my timeline in my signature. I have not even received FP submission request, test invite, nothing... At least you have gone ahead by 1 step. Have patience. We know how unfair IRCC is! Processing 2022 applications when 2021 applications are still pending.

Geo_Chief777

Nov 9, 2022
Just to make you feel better, check my timeline in my signature. I have not even received FP submission request, test invite, nothing... At least you have gone ahead by 1 step. Have patience. We know how unfair IRCC is! Processing 2022 applications when 2021 applications are still pending.
Finally, I was able to talk to the IRCC support center today. They confirmed that they received our fingerprints in March '22 and the application is getting processed, and they see no issues at this point in time. I was told the generic response that the case officer will let you know if they require any additional details.

this is not fair on IRCC to keep processing applications randomly.

I hope that all applicants who are waiting for long time (2021 and prior) are looked after soon. I guess that's the only thing we can do now. :-(

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...