+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
What the agent told you is final. If you are scheduled, you are scheduled. I hope you asked for the oath date. Wait until you have about 7-8 days left. But keep sat and sun in mind and start calling them, emailing them and sending them webform if you have less then 7 days for your oath
Yes makes sense! I have the date. I'm just wondering when will I see this on my tracker and what were other peoples experiences here.

But thanks for the tips, if I don't see anything 1 week prior I'll start calling!

Reactions: Shining Moon

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Yes makes sense! I have the date. I'm just wondering when will I see this on my tracker and what were other peoples experiences here.

But thanks for the tips, if I don't see anything 1 week prior I'll start calling!
Sounds good.

Her tracker was updated on Oct 22nd. The invitation email was prepared on Oct 24th( date is mentioned on it) but she just didn't receive it until 14th

My wife had a ceremony on 15th. Didn't receive it until 14th. We started calling since 7/8. The first time agent took our request and asked us to wait. We waited until 9th, because 11,12,13 was off and we were left with only one day to spare i.e. 14 if it doesn't come on 10th. We called again but the agent told my wife that she won't make another request because the earlier request was the same. Later on 10th night I sent webform and also emailed to the email id I received my test invitation.

On 14th, I received the invitation, then an email if I have received it. Then another 3 emails from 3 different email ids. So I figured out they also take it as priority if you are running thin on days.

P.s. I could care less if it is not updated in the tracker. I guarantee that the agent won't tell you that you are scheduled if you are actually not

Reactions: GD.Iron.80

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Sounds good.

Her tracker was updated on Oct 22nd. The invitation email was prepared on Oct 24th( date is mentioned on it) but she just didn't receive it until 14th

My wife had a ceremony on 15th. Didn't receive it until 14th. We started calling since 7/8. The first time agent took our request and asked us to wait. We waited until 9th, because 11,12,13 was off and we were left with only one day to spare i.e. 14 if it doesn't come on 10th. We called again but the agent told my wife that she won't make another request because the earlier request was the same. Later on 10th night I sent webform and also emailed to the email id I received my test invitation.

On 14th, I received the invitation, then an email if I have received it. Then another 3 emails from 3 different email ids. So I figured out they also take it as priority if you are running thin on days.

P.s. I could care less if it is not updated in the tracker. I guarantee that the agent won't tell you that you are scheduled if you are actually not
Damn that sounded like a tight situation, but glad it all worked out! Yup... they told me something similar, the date of the ceremony and that I'll receive the email 1 week prior. I think the best way to communicate with them is via the email you got the test invite from.

Reactions: Shining Moon

VcanadaVisa

Nov 8, 2022
We also received a passport scan copies request and we sent the scanned copies. However, we did not receive any (automated) response to that email.
Can you please share the email address you used to confirm that they received the passport scan?
I emailed to the same email address where I sent the copies of passport. I just asked them to acknowledge if they have received all necessary documents as tracker did not have any update of receiving the documents (It is still at "waiting from you" update).

Reactions: Avinash1977

S.loey

Sep 19, 2017
Application submitted online: Nov 10, 2021

Aor: Feb 13, 2022

Fingerprints required: Aug 22, 2022

Scheduled for citizenship test: Aug,29 2022

Fingerprint received: Aug 15, 2022

fingerprint result received: Sep15,2022

Citizenship test completed and pass: Sep 16,2022

Background verification: Sep16,2022

Language skills: Oct12,2022

Prohibitions: Oct12,2022

Physical presence: Oct12,2022

Waiting for oath and everything

rajarora11

Apr 4, 2022
Question for those who were schedule for their Citizenship Ceremony. When does your tracker update? Once you receive the invite email?

I called IRCC and they told me my ceremony is scheduled and I will receive an invite email 1 week prior to the ceremony, but my tracker still shows "Not Started".
I have the same issue. Everything is completed on Oct 27th but nothing after that I was checking the Oath ceremony which is happening on Dec 2 and on Dec 9th..

wink

May 25, 2021
Damn that sounded like a tight situation, but glad it all worked out! Yup... they told me something similar, the date of the ceremony and that I'll receive the email 1 week prior. I think the best way to communicate with them is via the email you got the test invite from.

Looks like thing are getting weirder ...

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/did-not-receive-notice-of-citizenship-oath-ceremony.746663/post-10274281

Looks like nail biting finish for some...

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Yeap.

What I have noticed is her test invitation came from xyz05@cic.gc.ca and she emailed back to 05 but she got 4 invitation from 05 06 07 etc

akshatk

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
28-09-2016
File Transfer...
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
01-05-2016
I emailed to the same email address where I sent the copies of passport. I just asked them to acknowledge if they have received all necessary documents as tracker did not have any update of receiving the documents (It is still at "waiting from you" update).
is it the same email address which they used for sending test invitation ?

jakubeak

Jan 15, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
28-06-2019
Can't login to my tracker, anyone else have the same problem? keeps showing Loading... / Chargement...

pripri14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Hello all, I have been following the forum for a while. I feel very discouraged right now that my citizenship journey will not end this year, please see my updates below:

Application: Single/Online (Scarborough Office)
Date applied: Nov 14th, 2021
AOR: Feb 3rd, 2022
Background Check Completion: July 28th, 2022
Citizenship test Invite: Aug 12 - Aug 29
Test Completion Updated: Aug 16th, 2022

Language, Prohibition, Physical presence - In progress
Oath: Not Started

Do you think there is still hopes on hearing something before the holidays? Or I should just not expect anything until Jan/Feb 2023? Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: MChief117

bellissima

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Hello all, I have been following the forum for a while. I feel very discouraged right now that my citizenship journey will not end this year, please see my updates below:

Do you think there is still hopes on hearing something before the holidays? Or I should just not expect anything until Jan/Feb 2023? Thank you.
Almost the same timeline and no movement from Scarborough office since Aug 16th, 2022 when my test was marked as completed.
Language, Prohibition, Physical presence are still In progress.

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019

in the same stupid boat, I doubt they get to us by this year :(