+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Yes! The time has come for me too!!! I got everything completed, except Oath!!!!! Such great news!

How long on average has the wait been before getting everything completed and the Oath invite???

@admin, please update on the tracker. See my signature.
I got mine in a week of everything being marked complete. Though I did ask them to push it out till after my business and personal travels are done. So who knows when I'll get it after I am indeed back for good

Reactions: GD.Iron.80

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I got mine in a week of everything being marked complete. Though I did ask them to push it out till after my business and personal travels are done. So who knows when I'll get it after I am indeed back for good
Nice! I hope I get mine so quick too! But I guess in terms of the journey, the decision is already made/approved right? Oath is a formality

Jadjood

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hey guys need some guidance and some assurance if possible on my situation. So nothing is complete except my citizenship test. Here is the timeline:

Application - Online - Toronto - SCR Office
Application Delivered: Nov 1, 2021 ( A year and a week ago)
AOR: Jan 28, 2022
Finger Prints required: July 20, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship test In progress: July 28, 2022
Scheduled for citizenship test: August 5, 2022
Fingerprint results: Received : August 10, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship test Completed: August 11, 2022

Tracker Info:
Physical Presence/ Language/ Probation/ Background (ALL IN PROGRESS)
Citizenship Test: COMPLETED
Oath: Not Started

My questions:

Has anyone heard of any applicant who got a test invite prior to background check?

Is any one still " all in progress" except citizenship test " complete"?

Loosing my mind here, hoping that all turns to complete all at once and get oath invite.

Would really appreciate your advice guys, you are the only support system through this tedious process. THANK YOU
I don’t have any updates at all , just a fancy AOR. Next week, I’ll celebrate the first anniversary of my application. I hope I don’t celebrate the second anniversary.

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Nice! I hope I get mine so quick too! But I guess in terms of the journey, the decision is already made/approved right? Oath is a formality
Yeah, honestly I don't know why they don't ask people to make a declaration in front of a notary instead. This whole oath process to actually become a citizen is so outdated. My DM was on Oct 15 and now I've to wait till Feb or March or even later to become a citizen.

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Anyone has a clue or theory that why it take so long after background check complete, test complete to reach to prohibitions completion? are they doing a new background check? what do they do during this phase that takes long time for many people?

Reactions: MChief117

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Anyone has a clue or theory that why it take so long after background check complete, test complete to reach to prohibitions completion? are they doing a new background check? what do they do during this phase that takes long time for many people?
I am in the same boat. No update since BG and Test completion in May 2022. More than 6 months and there is no activity.

Reactions: ms-nobody

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
I don’t have any updates at all , just a fancy AOR. Next week, I’ll celebrate the first anniversary of my application. I hope I don’t celebrate the second anniversary.
I am with you... Don't feel lonely. Will be celebrating anniversary at the end of the month with only AOR in hand.

Reactions: Jadjood

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
In my opinion, the file is just sitting there statically until the officer picks it up again and checks those items as completed. Alternatively, they might have reached out to verify your Presence and Language Skills, as well as maybe your Prohibitions, but this is less likely, as it'd involve a lot more work - perhaps in instances where there are some concerns or potential red flags.

Reactions: ms-nobody

MChief117

Star Member
Aug 24, 2022
my situation is also the same. BG & Test marked complete and waiting since 25th Aug..

I must say I do feel for people who only have AOR done and waiting for the rest..

Fingers crossed and hoping for the best

VcanadaVisa

Nov 8, 2022
I am a regular follower of the forum, finally made the account to share my citizenship timeline

Applied for Citizenship Online: November 22, 2021
Office: Niagara falls (received test and passport copy request from them)
AOR: Feb 08, 2022
BG complete: July 28, 2022
Test invite: Aug 02, 2022
Test taken: Aug 08, 2022
Test complete in tracker: Aug 09, 2022
Passport request (in email): Nov 04, 2022 (Request Update in tracker on Nov 08, 2022)
Copies of Passports sent: Nov 04, 2022

Waiting for everything else to be completed.
Just want to thank you all for providing your timeline and experience, it has been really helpful.
@admin please update my timeline in the tracker, thank you!

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
I had my ceremony on October 28th (virtually - Montreal) and received an email just last night informing me that I "can go and pick up the certificate at IRCC in Montreal on November 16th." If I don't go to pick it up, it will be sent to my address by mail automaticallty which can take 4-6 weeks. Stupid me's been checking my mailbox everyday since ceremony, turns out I have to go pick it up 3 weeks after ceremony. Oh Montreal office, always surprising me!

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I had my ceremony on October 28th (virtually - Montreal) and received an email just last night informing me that I "can go and pick up the certificate at IRCC in Montreal on November 16th." If I don't go to pick it up, it will be sent to my address by mail automaticallty which can take 4-6 weeks. Stupid me's been checking my mailbox everyday since ceremony, turns out I have to go pick it up 3 weeks after ceremony. Oh Montreal office, always surprising me!
Oh well, one more week and you'll be done with this journey! Then the next pain in the butt of getting a passport with start, but that'll be the last hurdle! :)

Reactions: le_eddz

WelCanada

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Yeah, honestly I don't know why they don't ask people to make a declaration in front of a notary instead. This whole oath process to actually become a citizen is so outdated. My DM was on Oct 15 and now I've to wait till Feb or March or even later to become a citizen.
I was thinking ( oath in front of a notary) the same 6 months before. :)