+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey guys need some guidance and some assurance if possible on my situation. So nothing is complete except my citizenship test. Here is the timeline:

Application - Online - Toronto - SCR Office
Application Delivered: Nov 1, 2021 ( A year and a week ago)
AOR: Jan 28, 2022
Finger Prints required: July 20, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship test In progress: July 28, 2022
Scheduled for citizenship test: August 5, 2022
Fingerprint results: Received : August 10, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship test Completed: August 11, 2022

Tracker Info:
Physical Presence/ Language/ Probation/ Background (ALL IN PROGRESS)
Citizenship Test: COMPLETED
Oath: Not Started

My questions:

Has anyone heard of any applicant who got a test invite prior to background check?

Is any one still " all in progress" except citizenship test " complete"?

Loosing my mind here, hoping that all turns to complete all at once and get oath invite.

Would really appreciate your advice guys, you are the only support system through this tedious process. THANK YOU
Yes many people these days have got Test invite before background check. Nothing weird in that. You should see progress on other activities soon. You office is SCR and they are pretty fast.

Reactions: MChief117

degm

May 31, 2017
Hey guys need some guidance and some assurance if possible on my situation. So nothing is complete except my citizenship test. Here is the timeline:

Application - Online - Toronto - SCR Office
Application Delivered: Nov 1, 2021 ( A year and a week ago)
AOR: Jan 28, 2022
Finger Prints required: July 20, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship test In progress: July 28, 2022
Scheduled for citizenship test: August 5, 2022
Fingerprint results: Received : August 10, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship test Completed: August 11, 2022

Tracker Info:
Physical Presence/ Language/ Probation/ Background (ALL IN PROGRESS)
Citizenship Test: COMPLETED
Oath: Not Started

My questions:

Has anyone heard of any applicant who got a test invite prior to background check?

Is any one still " all in progress" except citizenship test " complete"?

Loosing my mind here, hoping that all turns to complete all at once and get oath invite.

Would really appreciate your advice guys, you are the only support system through this tedious process. THANK YOU
Hi! Yes, I've noticed that a few of us are going through a similar situation. Some are stuck at criminality, some others at security clearance. Some have been waiting for months, but I've also noticed that some people get everything approved at the same time somewhat quicker. I frankly don't understand why this happens for some of us but you're not alone :)

Avinash1977

Star Member
May 29, 2018
My wife and I received invite to attend an Interview with the citizenship officer.

Does anyone know how it works? and do we need to attend it together or do we need to use separate Microsoft meeting links?

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
While the oath office confirmed that my oath is postponed to after I'm back from my vacation, I still see the date of Nov 23 on the tracker.

Should I just skip it knowing that the office has given me permission in writing to postpone it?

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Does anyone know how far in advance CIC sends oath invitation? My wife's oath is on 15th Nov but she hasn't received any letter until now

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...

bl00m

Jun 23, 2022
Hey everyone.
My partner got an official oath invitation email with all proper links, codes and all, but in the tracker it still shows Oath task as "not started".

I assume it's not a big deal?
I noticed there are often some discrepancies in the process here and there.

Also, i'm also having my oath ceremony in a week. I've read it can take more than 2.5 hours, so i'm curious what is it crammed with? Looking at the text of oath and anthem i can surely make it in under 1 min)

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Hey everyone.
My partner got an official oath invitation email with all proper links, codes and all, but in the tracker it still shows Oath task as "not started".

Also, i'm also having my oath ceremony in a week. I've read it can take more than 2.5 hours, so i'm curious what is it crammed with? Looking at the text of oath and anthem i can surely make it in under 1 min)
You're crammed with other people who are also reading the oath with you.

MChief117

Star Member
Aug 24, 2022
Hey everyone.

someone's oath ceremony (virtual) experience:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/virtual-citizenship-ceremony-experience-in-detail.742497/

Reactions: mecuban1982

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
You're literally at the last step before becoming a CANADIAN CITIZEN. Being virtually or in person, the ceremony would take a few hours, because, well, it's a ceremony with over a hundred other applicants, who all waited for this moment for years just like you. If you're bothered by a citizenship ceremony's duration, then just don't attend it :)

• Haha

dungle87

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Saskatchewan
Yes! The time has come for me too!!! I got everything completed, except Oath!!!!! Such great news!

How long on average has the wait been before getting everything completed and the Oath invite???

@admin, please update on the tracker. See my signature.
Me - Vancouver office. All completed September 23, 2022.
Citizenship ceremony - Not started since then :(

Reactions: GD.Iron.80