+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I 100% think this happened in my case. Oct 13 they opened my file to generate notes. Oct 14, everything marked as completed.
When you submitted your request for ATIP notes did you follow up with them via email when you didn't receive the notes in time? I did that two times and it helped. Like they read the email and sent me the notes immediately, but this time round I'm following up and nothing in response.

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
My AOR is February 7th, nothing after that
I called my MP office said they can’t do anything before the 25 months have passed
Called IRCC couple of times, they told me what I can see online which is no updates.
Applied 3 times for ATIP notes first one in June, second one in August, third one in October.
Last week received June and AUGUST ATIPs
Nothing started.
Compared my ATIP with other friends I found that for some IRCC requested only RCMP clearance subsequently their background verifications were fast
Fore some IRCC requested clearance from RCMP and CSIS , CSIS tend to be slow in their response as they have to verify with other countries and intelligence agencies , therefore background verification is extremely slow and that might be your case.
finally, I started to worry less and trust the process because everything is beyond my control and can’t do anything and waiting is my only choice.
Hello @Jadjood I am also waiting on my background check. I submitted ATIP request in August but have not received anything. When submitting ATIP where it asks you to choose an institution, did you choose IRCC or CSIS?

Reactions: akshatk

Jadjood

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hello @Jadjood I am also waiting on my background check. I submitted ATIP request in August but have not received anything. When submitting ATIP where it asks you to choose an institution, did you choose IRCC or CSIS?
I chose IRCC
Last week I received 2 ATIP reports out of the three I submitted
Both reports were generated in less than 40 days but it seems that they forgot to email them out to me .

First ATIP request sent on June 2nd , generated on June 28th emailed out to me on October 17th.

Second ATIP request sent on August 15th, generated on September 21 and emailed out to me on October 17th.

do you think if we choose CSIS we could get some insights on our applications?

Reactions: akshatk

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
I chose IRCC
Both reports were generated in less than 40 days but it seems that they forgot to email them out to me .

First ATIP request sent on June 2nd , generated on June 28th emailed out to me on October 17th.

Second ATIP request sent on August 15th, generated on September 21 and emailed out to me on October 17th.

The main issue is that if I am correct yours is Mtl, same like me and a few others from the Nov application who has not received an update for 6 months or more. I am seeing plenty people in the November pool on this forum that that are getting decision made but from other province.
Mtl is officially the worst of the worst IRCC office in Canada.

Reactions: WelCanada

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I chose IRCC

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-citizenship-applicants.700718/post-9539446

There are few folks in this thread who were stuck in the security clearance. You might get some info there.

Reactions: Jadjood

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
I chose IRCC

How did you manage to receive them finally on October 17th? Did you follow up with them via email?
I am not sure if we get more insight given that you mentioned the RCMP/security data is covered in the ATIP notes from IRCC.

Jadjood

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
The main issue is that if I am correct yours is Mtl, same like me and a few others from the Nov application who has not received an update for 6 months or more. I am seeing plenty people in the November pool on this forum that that are getting decision made but from other province.
Mtl is officially the worst of the worst IRCC office in Canada.
My secondary office is Vancouver. I think it’s not the office , it’s the officer who is handling an application makes the difference.

awais174

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Another update:

Tracker shows Oath ceremony scheduled on Nov 15, 22 (YAYYY!)
Oath turned to in-progress on Oct 20, 22 in the tracker.

Still no email about Oath so I have no idea when, where and if it's in person.
I might call them by Oct 26, 2022 if I don't get that email.

@awais174 @nlhugh @CK Saw your post that you are in the state as mine. Did you get a email about the Oath ceremony yet?
Not yet.

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
When you submitted your request for ATIP notes did you follow up with them via email when you didn't receive the notes in time? I did that two times and it helped. Like they read the email and sent me the notes immediately, but this time round I'm following up and nothing in response.
No but my MP called them a few days before they reopened my file

Jadjood

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
How did you manage to receive them finally on October 17th? Did you follow up with them via email?
I am not sure if we get more insight given that you mentioned the RCMP/security data is covered in the ATIP notes from IRCC.
No , I actually gave up on receiving them.