+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

Jadjood

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
I just had a call with IRCC and the person said she can see some progress in my application. Criminality, assessment is completed. So that was good..

But then she said "Do you know approx processing time of your application? It is 25 months. So it is normal that you have not heard back on the test"

25 months??? I see here on this forum getting their applications completed within 1 year.. How come it becomes 25 months for some??
My AOR is February 7th, nothing after that
I called my MP office said they can’t do anything before the 25 months have passed
Called IRCC couple of times, they told me what I can see online which is no updates.
Applied 3 times for ATIP notes first one in June, second one in August, third one in October.
Last week received June and AUGUST ATIPs
Nothing started.
Compared my ATIP with other friends I found that for some IRCC requested only RCMP clearance subsequently their background verifications were fast
Fore some IRCC requested clearance from RCMP and CSIS , CSIS tend to be slow in their response as they have to verify with other countries and intelligence agencies , therefore background verification is extremely slow and that might be your case.
finally, I started to worry less and trust the process because everything is beyond my control and can’t do anything and waiting is my only choice.

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I called my MP office said they can’t do anything before the 25 months have passed
Called IRCC couple of times, they told me what I can see online which is no updates.
Applied 3 times for ATIP notes first one in June, second one in August, third one in October.
Nothing started.
Compared my ATIP with other friends I found that for some IRCC requested only RCMP clearance subsequently their background verifications were fast
Fore some IRCC requested clearance from RCMP and CSIS , CSIS tend to be slow in their response as they have to verify with other countries and intelligence agencies , therefore background verification is extremely slow and that might be your case.
finally, I started to worry less and trust the process because everything is beyond my control and can’t do anything and waiting is my only choice.
Sorry to hear it's moving so slow for you my friend! Hopefully it'll pick up!

That's interesting! So on your friends ATIP notes, it specifically said that in some cases the clearance request was submitted to CSIS in addition to RCMP? Guessing where it was submitted to CSIS, the background is still PENDING and where it's only RCMP it's COMPLETED?

Jadjood

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Sorry to hear it's moving so slow for you my friend! Hopefully it'll pick up!

That's interesting! So on your friends ATIP notes, it specifically said that in some cases the clearance request was submitted to CSIS in addition to RCMP? Guessing where it was submitted to CSIS, the background is still PENDING and where it's only RCMP it's COMPLETED?
I hope I see movement soon.
Yes CSIS clearances are so slow and take very long , don’t forget that CSIS have to screen many Afghani and Ukrainian refugees so they have huge backlog.

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I hope I see movement soon.
Yes CSIS clearances are so slow and take very long , don’t forget that CSIS have to screen many Afghani and Ukrainian refugees so they have huge backlog.
I wonder, does CSIS clearance go under "Background Verification" or "Prohibitions"?

MrBlackandWhite

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
Recieved the oath email today, it will be virtually on November 22, 2022

The tracker shows that Oath is not started.

best wishes for everyone, my timeline in the signature
Same for me too, might see you on oath day . Tracker isn’t updated as well.

Good luck to my fellow aspiring Canadian Ci

Reactions: MChief117

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Nothing started.
Great attitude. And pretty much the only way to maintain sanity.

But I'd say check in once in a while by email to your local office or via ATIP - so once all the background is done they might expedite it - since your application is already a year old.

Jadjood

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Great attitude. And pretty much the only way to maintain sanity.

But I'd say check in once in a while by email to your local office or via ATIP - so once all the background is done they might expedite it - since your application is already a year old.
I sent once email to Vancouver office and I found this email’s record in my ATIP, what I noticed also that they mentioned that my email was forwarded to a supervisor .

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I sent once email to Vancouver office and I found this email’s record in my ATIP, what I noticed also that they mentioned that my email was forwarded to a supervisor .
Yeah I think that's supposed to be the process. I believe when the applicant sends an email to the office, they're supposed to include the email as well as a response in the file. The applicant is then supposed to contact the call center and find out what the response was in the file. But like everything else it rarely works that way in practice. But at least they have to peek at your file which seems to help in a small number of cases.

Unrelated to this, they've also mentioned somewhere, emails like this can also be used to assess the applicant's language skills lol.

canvisa001

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
Another update:

Tracker shows Oath ceremony scheduled on Nov 15, 22 (YAYYY!)
Oath turned to in-progress on Oct 20, 22 in the tracker.

Still no email about Oath so I have no idea when, where and if it's in person.
I might call them by Oct 26, 2022 if I don't get that email.

@awais174 @nlhugh @CK Saw your post that you are in the state as mine. Did you get a email about the Oath ceremony yet?

Last edited:

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Will try to find out the processing office. A question though, does sending email to the office help? I mean, do these agents prioritize work based on emails?? :)
I have seen in many cases that requesting ATIP notes kicks in movement. Mostly when it was buried under the pile

Reactions: anigdikar

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Another update:

Tracker shows Oath ceremony scheduled on Nov 15, 22 (YAYYY!)
Oath turned to in-progress on Oct 20, 22 in the tracker.

Still no email about Oath so I have no idea when, where and if it's in person.
I might call them by Oct 26, 2022 if I don't get that email.

@awais174 Saw your post that you are in the state as mine. Did you get a email about the Oath ceremony yet?
Do you have NGF office? My wife and atleast one other applicant have gotten same date for the update in tacker and for oath

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
@Shining Moon Sorry I don't know what is NGF office. I applied from Ottawa and my secondary office was shown as Niagara falls if that's what you mean.

Is your wife's Oath in person?
Yes NGF is Niagara falls office. My wife hasn't received the email yet. However, atleast one person from Nov forum has received it from NGF office for Nov 15th and s/he said it is online..

Reactions: canvisa001