+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

awais174

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Today my online status shows that I will receive e-mail instructions to attend oath ceremony on 16th November. Finally, Alhumdulillah!

I hope it's an in-person ceremony so I could get citizenship certificate right away.

Vancouver office.
Nov-2, 2021, Online applicant
Aor 31st January, background check 16th July, test taken 25th July, Language/Prohibition/Physical Presence completed 20 September

I hope that everyone get quick processing on their applications too.

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Today my online status shows that I will receive e-mail instructions to attend oath ceremony on 16th November. Finally, Alhumdulillah!

I hope it's an in-person ceremony so I could get citizenship certificate right away.

Vancouver office.
Nov-2, 2021, Online applicant
Aor 31st January, background check 16th July, test taken 25th July, Language/Prohibition/Physical Presence completed 20 September

I hope that everyone get quick processing on their applications too.
Congrats! Looks like a few people on here are getting some traction! Let's hope it continues!

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Like @awais174 I too got my oath ceremony request today from the Vancouver office. It's on November 23, 2022. @admin can you please update it?
Same here - I'm a Vancouver online applicant and my tracker now shows an update for the oath ceremony taking place November 23. Looks like I'll see you there! Hooray! Congrats to others who have also received good news recently.

Type: Single, online
Application submitted: November 2, 2021
AOR: February 8, 2022
Background check complete: July 21, 2022
Test invite: July 29, 2022
Test taken: August 4, 2022
Test marked as complete: August 10, 2022
Physical/language/prohibitions marked as complete: September 22, 2022
Oath update: October 18 (waiting for email)

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
I'm a Vancouver online applicant and my tracker now shows an update for the oath ceremony taking place November 23. Looks like I'll see you there
Hopefully we get an in person oath ceremony. If it's virtual I might have to move it to sometime in Feb because I have a trip to India coming up in December and I can no longer use my Indian passport after I become Canadian

Reactions: ms-nobody

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Hopefully we get an in person oath ceremony. If it's virtual I might have to move it to sometime in Feb because I have a trip to India coming up in December and I can no longer use my Indian passport after I become Canadian
Congrats and please keep us posted, really hope Vancouver office can redeem itself and delay us no more by conducting the in person oath ceremony at least.

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
Oct 4th apply online
Aor dec 21
June 9 test act
June 9 Background
Jun 17 schedule test
July 4th test pass
Oct 9 probh phy prese language skills completed
Oct 11 oath activity
nov 10 oath schd
updated 12th oct

my flights are booked for nov 22. What should i do? do i rescheduled the oath? will i make it before nov 22 for new passport and indian visa? experts please help and suggest.
Here are my 2 cents ( from the research I did coz I am in the same situation) .
***DO NOT RESCHEDULE THE OATH CEREMONY ..SPECIALLY FOR TRAVELLING PURPOSES *** .
Because from what I read, if you travel outside the country.. this will push your background check status to "in progress" in your tracker ( read in another thread ), and the whole gong show follows.

Chances are less that you can travel for that date. Because

* if the oath is online, it will take 1 to 2 weeks for you to get the certificate via mail ( if you get an in person oath invitation !!! Golden !!)
* So once you have the citizenship certificate you can apply for Passport ( expedited options are available)
* you can apply for passport surrender and Visa application at the same time, but heard there is a 2 to 4 weeks waiting period for this :(

But again , you can be that "Lucky one" .. All the best

Reactions: ms-nobody

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
finally, I got the Test Exam Invitation email but everything including the background still shows in-progress, is anyone else seen this before ? got an invite without the background completed
Many these days tend to get invite before background complete. Anyways any movement is better than no movement at all :) Best of luck for your test.

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
***DO NOT RESCHEDULE THE OATH CEREMONY ..SPECIALLY FOR TRAVELLING PURPOSES *** .
Because from what I read, if you travel outside the country.. this will push your background check status to "in progress" in your tracker ( read in another thread ), and the whole gong show follows.
I remember that and I'm pretty sure that it's because they were out of the country for a few months and the background check is only valid for a year. So if you leave and don't return for a few months, your background check goes back into in progress.

In my case, I'm only gone for a month so I assume it shouldn't affect the background check

Reactions: Sisimaru1016