Test Completed: April 18th
Prohibition, Physical Presence Status, Language Skills -Completed: Sept 8th
Oath activity :In progress-October 3
Citizenship Ceremony: Oct 26th
#of Applicants: 2
Physical Presence: 1751

Osti79

Jan 9, 2022
Hello and I have two questions I would like advise from people who applied in 2021 to help pls as am getting mixed reviews : am sending my app now but am confused regarding question 13 list all immigration status , did you guys mention your tourists and visit visas ? Am getting mixed reviews some say yes some say no need to include .
Also I would like to ask about lock down COVID , as my place was closed for sometime and I was on CERB and later on CWLB , and also I was away for three mo the on EI injury an illness I was with the same employer , do I need to segregate them like I was employed , then I was unemployed on CERB and CWLB and after on EI . Currently am back with same employer .
One more thing my child birth certificate from Denmark , it’s Translated and notarized and attested by Denmark foreign affairs , do I need to include original in his application or a colored copy would work ?
Many thanks and love ❤

Iflycan

Nov 6, 2016
sorry for my late response. Oath ceremony was quick and great! 1.5 hours start to finish. Took our oath and pledged allegiance to King Charles (Lol).

Got our certificates at the ceremony.

Applied for urgent passport two days after. Got the passport same day in the afternoon.

This morning went to BLS and surrendered Indian passport + applied for entry visa. Need to get back to india by mid November so been storming through it all. Good luck!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am planning to travel right after my oath ceremony, and i am happy to see that you were able to process everything in 3days. Getting the citizenship certificate the same day is news to me. I am very happy to hear that!

Reactions: PMV

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am planning to travel right after my oath ceremony, and i am happy to see that you were able to process everything in 3days. Getting the citizenship certificate the same day is news to me. I am very happy to hear that!
I am worried that is only for people who gets the option to take oath in person. Checked CIC and it shows they still only do online ceremony. So my understanding the in person option is not available for everyone/ all locations

Jadjood

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
So here is my situation,

Applied in November 2021 got AOR on February 7th and nothing after that.
Applied 3 times for ATIP notes nothing received.
Called IRCC they said processing time is 27 months so you have to wait.
Called MP office yesterday and they told me there is new regulations that we can’t contact IRCC before 26 months have elapsed from your application date.

and yet people applied in March 2022 getting their ceremony scheduled.

it’s really frustrating to say the least.
Anybody still waiting for test invite and background check? I can’t fathom that it’s been almost a year without un update apart from AOR

bn2019

Jul 16, 2019
Is there an interview after the citizenship test and before oath ceremony? I think on the CIC website, it said there's usually an interview?

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Hello and I have two questions I would like advise from people who applied in 2021 to help pls as am getting mixed reviews : am sending my app now but am confused regarding question 13 list all immigration status , did you guys mention your tourists and visit visas ? Am getting mixed reviews some say yes some say no need to include .
Also I would like to ask about lock down COVID , as my place was closed for sometime and I was on CERB and later on CWLB , and also I was away for three mo the on EI injury an illness I was with the same employer , do I need to segregate them like I was employed , then I was unemployed on CERB and CWLB and after on EI . Currently am back with same employer .
One more thing my child birth certificate from Denmark , it’s Translated and notarized and attested by Denmark foreign affairs , do I need to include original in his application or a colored copy would work ?
Many thanks and love ❤
past immigration status is not for tourists and visits visas, if you had work visa, permanent residency, etc , you need to declare that in that section.
I suggest you segregate your employment status.
if you send your document by mail, you need to send the original document. you can get a certified copy of the dame doc and keep the copy for yourself.