+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
A full year without any update is relatively uncommon for paper as well as online as far as Ontario applicants are concerned.

You can call IRCC and check which office is processing your application and also tell them you haven't gotten any update in a year.

Also, I'd double check all the physical presence calculations just to be sure the 1095 days requirement is satisfied for all the applicants listed in the package.
The residency requirement has defintelly been fulfilled. I held off on applying for my citizenship for quiet awhile due to personal reasons, but the other applicants are my kids and they've been in Canada as long as I have. I suppose I'll give IRCC a call tomorrow morning. (I called them a few months ago and they said everything was good and I just have to wait. But a lot can change in a few months). Thank you for your advice.

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
Is anyone waiting for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled after DM or is everything completed on the tracker from last month?
Yes me, Except for the Oath ceremony, everything was updated to "complete" on Sept 9 and no change since then :(. I see most others get the "complete" status and oath ceremony really quick ( may be in a week or 2 ) , but not me :(

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Yes me, Except for the Oath ceremony, everything was updated to "complete" on Sept 9 and no change since then :(. I see most others get the "complete" status and oath ceremony really quick ( may be in a week or 2 ) , but not me :(
Hahaha I been waiting for forever for Oath now . I already gave up :(

MrBlackandWhite

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
Nov 9 2021 Applicant
Online from Edmonton
AOR feb 1 2022
Background completed July 21 2022
Citizenship test req - aug 2 2022(request from West citizenship Eapp)
Test completed Aug 19 2022
Aug 21 2022prohibition, language and physical presence In progress
Sept 26 2022prohibition, language and physical presence complete
Oath ceremony- not started

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
awesome, let us know how did it go, first time I am seeing in person oath ceremony here
sorry for my late response. Oath ceremony was quick and great! 1.5 hours start to finish. Took our oath and pledged allegiance to King Charles (Lol).

Got our certificates at the ceremony.

Applied for urgent passport two days after. Got the passport same day in the afternoon.

This morning went to BLS and surrendered Indian passport + applied for entry visa. Need to get back to india by mid November so been storming through it all. Good luck!

Babies0625

Feb 4, 2015
Calgary
I wish there was some kind of order that they completed these in, I am also in Calgary and completed everything with a similar timeline to yours (mine were a few weeks earlier) and yet nothing.
Yeah, I wish the same but all we can do is wait and I sign in the tracker day and night to check if there is/are update/s

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Montreal is literally the worst office. Haven't heard from them since April 25th, when my test results were confirmed. Very sad
My first experience with Montreal office was for my Express Entry PR application. It took around 1 freaking year to finalize (in 2018-2019), while others were getting PR within a couple of months. They did not even request any additional documents or anything that would cause delays. I just had to wait, and wait, and wait... At one point they made me get my biometrics done, and they asked me to do it outside of Canada? When I asked why on phone, they said they don't have the equipment in Canada. Horrible office. And now they're processing my citizenship application :)

• Sad
Reactions: WelCanada and degm

Jadjood

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
So here is my situation,

Applied in November 2021 got AOR on February 7th and nothing after that.
Applied 3 times for ATIP notes nothing received.
Called IRCC they said processing time is 27 months so you have to wait.
Called MP office yesterday and they told me there is new regulations that we can’t contact IRCC before 26 months have elapsed from your application date.

and yet people applied in March 2022 getting their ceremony scheduled.

it’s really frustrating to say the least.

taylordz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
My first experience with Montreal office was for my Express Entry PR application. It took around 1 freaking year to finalize (in 2018-2019), while others were getting PR within a couple of months. They did not even request any additional documents or anything that would cause delays. I just had to wait, and wait, and wait... At one point they made me get my biometrics done, and they asked me to do it outside of Canada? When I asked why on phone, they said they don't have the equipment in Canada. Horrible office. And now they're processing my citizenship application :)
So sad. Let me guess the dz at the end of your nickname refers to Algeria right ?

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
So sad. Let me guess the dz at the end of your nickname refers to Algeria right ?
haha good guess but no, I’m from Lebanon. I thought the PR application took longer cause of background checks due to where I’m from, but the fact that they’re also this slow with citizenship applications makes me think that they’re just lazy as heck.

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
sorry for my late response. Oath ceremony was quick and great! 1.5 hours start to finish. Took our oath and pledged allegiance to King Charles (Lol).

Got our certificates at the ceremony.

Applied for urgent passport two days after. Got the passport same day in the afternoon.

This morning went to BLS and surrendered Indian passport + applied for entry visa. Need to get back to india by mid November so been storming through it all. Good luck!
Thanks for your feedback and super congratulations, regarding passport did you walk in to office or went through appointment cycle? also what a typica person should provide as proof of urgency, actual tickets etc, any recommendation will be appreciated .

Reactions: simababe