+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

taylordz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Hi all,

Is anyone getting processing updates from the Montreal office?
I got my AOR on Feb 8 ( Online applicant, submitted on Nov 7). After that no updates. I heard Montreal is the worst office. I sent a case-specific inquiry a month ago and got a reply today. The email starts in French followed by English; thus, it gives me a clue that my file is in Montreal as I landed in Montreal although my residence is in BC. Thanks for sharing.
Montreal is literally the worst office. Haven't heard from them since April 25th, when my test results were confirmed. Very sad

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Montreal is literally the worst office. Haven't heard from them since April 25th, when my test results were confirmed. Very sad
I am in the same boat as you. No response since May 2 after test completion, Montreal office.

Sam_mak

Sep 27, 2022
Hello everyone, I have been following everyone's update and wanted to share my information
Application type - Online
Applied from - Alberta
Submitted - Nov 15
Updated - Nov 16
AOR - Feb 02
Ghost update - July 25
Background complete - July 28
Test update - Aug 02
Test date - Aug 08 - Aug 28
Test taken - Aug 13
Test complete update - Aug 15
Everything else completed - Sep 15
Application status - in progress
Oath - in progress

Can anyone tell me how long does it take for oath update after everything is completed?
Update*
Oath update - Sept 28
Oath date scheduled - Oct 07
Good luck everyone hope everyone gets it sooner

maakrose

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
17 February 2015
AOR Received.
25 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
9 May 2015
Med's Done....
24 May 2015 & New Born on 1 July
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
4 Sep'15, Submitted to RVO on 8th Sep
VISA ISSUED...
16 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
March 2016...Alhamdulillah
Called IRCC at +1 (888) 242-2100 and as mentioned earlier “Don’t feed the UCI#”, and was answered at first ring and when I told the lady (Crystal) about Citizenship Applications, she started saying “I cannot hear you and Thanka for calling IRCC” and hanged up and since then tried several times/days with same automated message “Due to high volume of calls we cannot transfer…”
It seems they block the number after receiving the call for some days or what I don’t know..
Today tried calling again, same thing so tried from wife’s phone and boom got connected to a guy.. (so its true that they block numbers)

He confirmed:
1. Applications is in-progress and also confirmed they received my Fingerprints and Criminal check is completed.
2. Waiting on Security clearance and also mentioned that along with security clearance, prohibitions & Language will be completed and soon Will receive email for Oath etc.
3. He also mentioned, Edmonton is one of the busiest office in Canada but with shortage of officers due to which extended delays happening. And lastly advised me to wait..

My timeline is
(Paper Application)- Family(wife +3kids)
APP Sent Nov 01 | Received Nov 05
AOR JAN 20
FP req Feb 15 | FP submitted Feb 16
Wife’s BG completed Feb 16
Test Invite May 20 (Edmonton Office)
Test Given May 23 | Test Updated June 07

And nothing moving since then (100 days)
BG, Language, Physical presence, Prohibitions- In progress (All in-progress)
Applied for GCMS notes Aug 15- No response Yet.
So conclusion Edmonton also has some of the laziest officers in Canada

MTLresident

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
Hi all,

Is anyone getting processing updates from the Montreal office?
I got my AOR on Feb 8 ( Online applicant, submitted on Nov 7). After that no updates. I heard Montreal is the worst office. I sent a case-specific inquiry a month ago and got a reply today. The email starts in French followed by English; thus, it gives me a clue that my file is in Montreal as I landed in Montreal although my residence is in BC. Thanks for sharing.
What did the email say?

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Since we both are pretty much in the same boat, from Montreal, and no update since April-May (Test Completion date), maybe we should figure out if we can get our file moving again. I am reading from other people in the forum who were told by the agent over the phone that a lot of times its random selection on which file is going to be assessed. Maybe we can sent a joint letter or an email to our MP and see how that works out. Or even reach out to IRCC by letter requesting to look at our file, try anything that can trigger. Let me know your thoughts. Feel free to DM.

taylordz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Since we both are pretty much in the same boat, from Montreal, and no update since April-May (Test Completion date), maybe we should figure out if we can get our file moving again. I am reading from other people in the forum who were told by the agent over the phone that a lot of times its random selection on which file is going to be assessed. Maybe we can sent a joint letter or an email to our MP and see how that works out. Or even reach out to IRCC by letter requesting to look at our file, try anything that can trigger. Let me know your thoughts. Feel free to DM.
Hi,
That would be a great idea on paper. I'm convinced that IRCC won't take that into account. I already contacted my MP and she inquired about my applications (PR Card and Citizenship), and the answers she gave me are the exact same answers IRCC agents gave me over the phone , WAIT, WAIT ,WAIT.
My PR Card applications already exceeded by 10 days the processing times on their website (82 ish days) and all what they keep saying is 'We've added a note to you file, the agent will take action'. At this point, I'm tired of them !

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
In a couple weeks it'll be a full year since I applied. All I've gotten is my AOR. I'm starting to get impatient but that won't really help anything.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
In a couple weeks it'll be a full year since I applied. All I've gotten is my AOR. I'm starting to get impatient but that won't really help anything.
That's really messed up. Did you try contacting IRCC ?

iceman55

May 1, 2022
A full year without any update is relatively uncommon for paper as well as online as far as Ontario applicants are concerned.

You can call IRCC and check which office is processing your application and also tell them you haven't gotten any update in a year.

Also, I'd double check all the physical presence calculations just to be sure the 1095 days requirement is satisfied for all the applicants listed in the package.

vevebrown

May 1, 2016
Finally, Calgary is moving, hope this would be all the way;)
Physical presence, Prohibitions, Language skills updated to Completed September 26, 2022.
Waiting patiently now to get Oath invite.
Good luck to us all who are still waiting, we'll get there soon and congrats to those who are already Canadians!:cool:
I wish there was some kind of order that they completed these in, I am also in Calgary and completed everything with a similar timeline to yours (mine were a few weeks earlier) and yet nothing.

• Wow
Reactions: Babies0625