AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Completed oath yesterday now just need to wait for the certificate so I can go into the passport queue
Congrats!!
How long was the oath ceremony? And how much time did they say it would take to receive the certificate?

Reactions: astrogal86

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Congrats!!
How long was the oath ceremony? And how much time did they say it would take to receive the certificate?
my ceremony was about 2.5 hours. They had 151 participants. What took the longest was checking everyone in. The actual ceremony I would say was probably 45-50 minutes. The agent I spoke with said the certificate would come between 3-6 weeks since the travel I have scheduled in October wasn’t considered urgent, so they wouldn’t put a rush on sending mine out sooner. I sent the form back right after the ceremony yesterday but didn’t receive a response of them getting it. I hope this helps. :)

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
my ceremony was about 2.5 hours. They had 151 participants. What took the longest was checking everyone in. The actual ceremony I would say was probably 45-50 minutes. The agent I spoke with said the certificate would come between 3-6 weeks since the travel I have scheduled in October wasn’t considered urgent, so they wouldn’t put a rush on sending mine out sooner. I sent the form back right after the ceremony yesterday but didn’t receive a response of them getting it. I hope this helps. :)
Thanks for the reply and congrats again. Please do reply back here on the forum once you receive the certificate.

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
People talk about test Interview date, is that something separate that comes in the email ? I don’t see anything related to test interview in the test invite email. Can someone please help

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
My GCMS notes are past due and haven't arrived yet. I decided to email them to ask them about an update. The below message is the auto-response I received... I can't believe they're still rambling on about Covid and using it as an excuse, when Canada has been fully open since March or April this year... Not to mention that businesses have been working throughout Covid for the past 2.5 years anyway.

"IRCC currently has reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, there will be significant delays in responding to all requests under the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act, as well as any emails sent to this email address, during this period. "

• Haha
Reactions: noonnabi and degm

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Hi,

Same issue here. Used the web form to change address but don't know if it worked since there was no acknowledgement.

But as far as I know, all communication is sent through the registered email id. During the online oath ceremony, one of the agents is going to confirm our address to mail the certificate. Someone I know changed their address during their oath ceremony this way.

May be somebody else here can respond better/ confirm the same?

Cheers
why not trying to call and ask agent to update your address

Reactions: MChief117

mht12sain

Sep 1, 2022
Applied in Nov 2021 - Ottawa but file went to Niagara
AOR - Feb 2, 2022
Background- July 18, 2022
Test completed- July 25, 2022

No update after the test..

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
I wonder what would be the situation after oath and while you are waiting for your citizenship certificate and don't have Canadian passport yet, can you go out of Canada and come back with your original none Canadian Passport, and how you would come back to country, as you are not holding a PR any longer, can you use citizenship certificate to enter, anyone knows?

cp37

Aug 4, 2014
Physical Presence Days: 1,259
Application for: Widowed mother
Application sent: Online - November 11, 2021
AOR: Feb 15, 2022
Citizenship Application Processing Office: Vancouver
Fingerprinting Notice: Aug 24, 2022

Hi Folks,

I am posting on behalf of my widowed mother's online citizenship application. Her timelines are above. Would appreciate if you could provide some tips/advice on her situation below.

Situation:
My mom is currently in India and she got an email on August 24, 2022, from IRCC to submit her finger prints at RCMP approved locations (such locations are in Canada only) within 30 days of the email, in order to further process her application.

In addition, there was standard threatening language in the letter stating that if the finger prints are not received within 30 days, IRCC may deem that she abandoned her citizenship application. The letter further stated that the finger prints have to be "digital". It seems the email came from the Vancouver office based on the email address it came from (also the letter has the physical address of the Vancouver office).

The email further stated if she believes she cant meet the deadline then it asked to call the IRCC call center and that not to reply back to the email requesting extension.

Anyways, my Mom did call the IRCC call center as stated in the email to request an extension to the deadline.

The IRCC call center agent said not communicating with IRCC that she cant make the deadline, could be deemed as "application abandonment" which my mother explained to the agent that its her full intent to meet the deadline, but due to extenuating circumstances, how can she request an extension.

To that the Agent just sent her this irrelevant (to our situation) IRCC press release that does not even give details about how to contact that specific Vancouver IRCC office (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supporting-information-applications-in-progress.html). You will note its a press release from 2021 and its primarily for Covid related extenuating circumstances.

We are trying our best to get her an air ticket to fly her back to Canada ASAP but given the global aviation situation (due to pandemic, another example Lufthansa pilot strike today) its becoming increasingly clear it might be hard to travel back to Canada before the deadline i.e. September 23, 2022.

We spoke to a few RCMP approved finger printing locations and they said we could have her take "paper finger prints" at a local police station in India and/or Canadian embassy, courier those paper finger prints to Canada and they could try and "digitalize" it. Seems to be an iffy process. Plus given the place mom is and her old age its not easy to travel to the Canadian embassy and/or local police station.

Need Advice on
  1. How do we go about requesting an extension to the fingerprinting deadline, especially when the email says 'don't reply back to the email' to seek an extension?
  2. The email has the physical address of the Vancouver office. Should we write them a letter requesting an extension and courier them that extension request?
  3. Or should we use the Webform to get in touch with them? https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
  4. Or should we just reply back to that IRCC email address and request the extension?

Would truly appreciate your advice.