Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Nomination.....
23-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
out of all seriousness, once you get an update for test invite, how long does it take to receive the email for the testing link?
You might get it a day before the window. Some people (including me) have reported not getting any test email with instructions. I emailed IRCC and I got the email twice a day after the start of the test window.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arthurchen2019

Arthurchen2019

Jul 31, 2019
You might get it a day before the window. Some people (including me) have reported not getting any test email with instructions. I emailed IRCC and I got the email twice on the first day of the test window.
so which email did you use on that day? and when did you email them for the testing invite email?

a_tkd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Nomination.....
23-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Thank you for the info, I appreciate your help! Should I email them beforehand? or was it even necessary?
Some people have taken the test without the instructions email and their tests have been marked completed without any issues. I think it depends on what you deem best.

Reactions: Arthurchen2019

bl00m

Jun 23, 2022
Hey,
At last, some updates and questions from me:
- Me and my partner applied on Nov 9, 2021, online, separate applications ( partner's application was submitted 1hour before mine).
-AORs on 2-3 Feb, 2022.
- BG Completed on 21 Jul, 25 Jul - asking to take a test, 29Jul - email with instructions - my partner
A week later i got mine. Today i received an email with a pdf with instructions on how to take a test in it. While pdf looks completely valid the text in the email states that i'm applying for a Family Sponsorship PR and here is my update on the case (I guess it shows how important our applications to Immigration office so they are not bothered with picking the right template)).

Questions:
1) Does this email with pdf in it contains any unique codes etc. that i need in order to proceed with a test? Or is it just a templated stuff to ask me to do this test? Should i be worried?

2) What kinds of questions in that test? I installed several apps on my phone and there are questions trying to catch me on a wrong spelling of someone's name - like McDonald instead of Macdonald. Are there a lot of this kind of questions or are they more broad in general?

Thanks.

awais174

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
My friend who applied (paper) mid October today got an email for oath on 11th August. There was no DM stage; they directly moved from 'in progress' to oath taking.

It seems there is a lot of movement happening.

Reactions: Inthemidst

awais174

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Hey,
At last, some updates and questions from me:
- Me and my partner applied on Nov 9, 2021, online, separate applications ( partner's application was submitted 1hour before mine).
-AORs on 2-3 Feb, 2022.
- BG Completed on 21 Jul, 25 Jul - asking to take a test, 29Jul - email with instructions - my partner
A week later i got mine. Today i received an email with a pdf with instructions on how to take a test in it. While pdf looks completely valid the text in the email states that i'm applying for a Family Sponsorship PR and here is my update on the case (I guess it shows how important our applications to Immigration office so they are not bothered with picking the right template)).

Questions:
1) Does this email with pdf in it contains any unique codes etc. that i need in order to proceed with a test? Or is it just a templated stuff to ask me to do this test? Should i be worried?

2) What kinds of questions in that test? I installed several apps on my phone and there are questions trying to catch me on a wrong spelling of someone's name - like McDonald instead of Macdonald. Are there a lot of this kind of questions or are they more broad in general?

Thanks.
I would suggest reading the book once and that will be all - no need to take practice tests. 80% of the questions would be very basic and answers self explanatory. There is no need to memorize dates of events. I only got two questions which I could not have answered had I not read the full book carefully.

Reactions: bl00m

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I would suggest reading the book once and that will be all - no need to take practice tests. 80% of the questions would be very basic and answers self explanatory. There is no need to memorize dates of events. I only got two questions which I could not have answered had I not read the full book carefully.

Don't forget the test has different versions. One might get different questions. I had friends who had very simple questions and finish their tests in 5 mins. Others had more difficult questions. Some dates one has to know. If you look at the Canada Notes, you can see a list of dates, important events, people. These might help you remember and prepare good luck.

Reactions: Inthemidst

awais174

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Don't forget the test has different versions. One might get different questions. I had friends who had very simple questions and finish their tests in 5 mins. Others had more difficult questions. Some dates one has to know. If you look at the Canada Notes, you can see a list of dates, important events, people. These might help you remember and prepare good luck.
I reviewed the feedback provided by forum members about test.

I didn't want to spend days preparing for it; to potentially further delay my application processing.

We only need to get 15/20, so I decided to read the book once fully and then one quick revision.

Took the test on the first day of widow. 19/20. There were only two questions which were tricky, i.e., one could not predict their answer without reading the book. Everything else was sort of self explanatory.

Perhaps in the past the might have been more difficult or I got lucky.

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
I reviewed the feedback provided by forum members about test.

I didn't want to spend days preparing for it; to potentially further delay my application processing.

We only need to get 15/20, so I decided to read the book once fully and then one quick revision.

Took the test on the first day of widow. 19/20. There were only two questions which were tricky, i.e., one could not predict their answer without reading the book. Everything else was sort of self explanatory.

Perhaps in the past the might have been more difficult or I got lucky.
Nah, you didn't get lucky. This is the way to prep for it. I did mine in a similar fashion. Read the book once, tried a couple of ApnaToronto tests. Spent about 2-3 hours preparing for it.

The window opened for me at 9 PM Pacific Time. I was done with the test by 9:15 PM. Test was marked completed the next day. There's no point in studying days and weeks for this. Spend a few hours and get it over with right away.

mgrsauga

Aug 7, 2022
Hello admin, just recently knew about this forum, please add to the spreadsheet.

Application type: Paper
Application: Family (4)
Physical Presence Days: 1790
Application sent: Nov 01, 2021
Application received: Nov 04, 2021
AOR: Jan 18, 2022
Background verification completed: Feb 08, 2022
Citizenship test invite: June 28, 2022
Citizenship test date: July 10(3), 14(1), 2022
Citizenship test status updates to complete: July 11(2), 12(1), 15(1), 2022
Prohibitions, Physical presence, Languages updates to complete: In Progress

Last edited: