+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Maybe you could try an MP on the other side. Oops, I don't think they like Immigrants much. Not everything is politics. Just saying.
My family came to this country under the Harper government, worked hard for it. Obviously my mistake was not getting citizenship even though I was eligible before you-know-who. If I owe anything, it is to the conservatives, not to these politicians who made life more difficult even for Canadian-borns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shining Moon

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019
My family came to this country under the Harper government, worked hard for it. Obviously my mistake was not getting citizenship even though I was eligible before you-know-who. If I owe anything, it is to the conservatives, not to these politicians who made life more difficult even for Canadian-borns.
Have you tried reaching out to the Harper party?

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Why didn't you apply when Harper was in power? You could've owed a lot more to the Tories!

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Background verification updated to Completed today. The July 19 additional information email was about address history. Still waiting for test invite.
Applied online, Nov 9 and AOR Feb 2

Congrats! Did you have a ghost update before your BG changed to completed?

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Citizenship Certificate received - July 21.

Thank you to this forum for the detailed responses. Help, advice, encouragement, patience, venting - all at the same place. Invaluable.

Now, on to the passport.
Congrats . Can you tell how much time to receive oath scheduled after test completion

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
AOR of Feb 2 from an online app and nothing since...until today, when I got a phantom update. I had a date change on the page, but no real update. Hopefully that means a real update is coming soon.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
I wonder why language skills isn’t completed quickly too. Didn’t most of us use the same test results from PR which was validated by them once.
Those steps you see in the tracker are not truly in progress. Nobody is looking at your file, nobody is doing any work on it for months until one day they throw a dart and your file comes up. I submitted my Canadian high school diploma, which would take them seconds to verify if they wanted to do it.

Reactions: canvisa001