+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Hi All,

I have a question, I am waiting for my test invite currently in process ecas stage and I am planning to travel outside Canada during Oct and Nov. I don't want to be stuck in a situation where I will have no passport after surrendering my current passport before my potential oath ceremony date. I guess my question is until which stage am I eligible to travel outside Canada with my existing non-Canadian passport. I am assuming we can still travel after taking the citizenship test or decision made? When do we surrender the passport? Also, am I allowed to take my citizenship test online while I am traveling outside Canada?
Who told you that you need to surrender your passport?

Reactions: Shining Moon

DJSHO

May 1, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I have a question, I am waiting for my test invite currently in process ecas stage and I am planning to travel outside Canada during Oct and Nov. I don't want to be stuck in a situation where I will have no passport after surrendering my current passport before my potential oath ceremony date. I guess my question is until which stage am I eligible to travel outside Canada with my existing non-Canadian passport. I am assuming we can still travel after taking the citizenship test or decision made? When do we surrender the passport? Also, am I allowed to take my citizenship test online while I am traveling outside Canada?
From what I know of, you can travel outside and enter Canada back as usual until your oath ceremony.

You'll be asked to cut your PR card during your oath ceremony after which you'll need Canadian passport to enter.

Hope this clarifies!

Reactions: RS5 and saou17

SashaN

Jun 6, 2018
From what I know of, you can travel outside and enter Canada back as usual until your oath ceremony.

You'll be asked to cut your PR card during your oath ceremony after which you'll need Canadian passport to enter.

Hope this clarifies!

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Do you guys know if changing address would have any impact on the processing time? Would it go back in the queue and extend the timeline further? Also any idea which one is the processing office for Oakville, ON residents? Would it be Mississauga or Hamilton?
Hi,

I don't know if your question above been answered but in my case- there is no impact (so far) ... Moved to other province while I was in the time window for the test .. moved on April 1st, did the test on Apr 4th and updated the adress on Apr 5th. Took 2 weeks till my tracker updated to "test completed ".. but took twice to update my address. Last week, all my background, language etc marked as completed...

Sorry I can't answer your other question. I lived in Alberta but the processing office is Mississauga, now I'm YT..

Cheers

Kiven

Aug 16, 2018
Do you guys know if changing address would have any impact on the processing time? Would it go back in the queue and extend the timeline further? Also any idea which one is the processing office for Oakville, ON residents? Would it be Mississauga or Hamilton?
Hello, can you please direct me how an address change is done online?

SashaN

Jun 6, 2018

Hope this clarifies!
thank you! Appreciate it

VISH@1990

Mar 3, 2021
When an application gets returned, does your original submission date remain relevant? I thought this would be a Feb 2022 application
I though the same, but after reading some posts in the forum, the original date application received by the IRCC will remain the same for missing documents. Given that you need to re-send the documents within certain period.(30-60 Days not sure what it was).

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
No Privacy Act response still after 42 days when the law says they are required to respond within 30 days. I got a response from a Senior ATIP Administrator, who forwarded my email to a "Team Leader" but that person couldn't even be bothered to reply. Their computer must have been infected with COVID-19 and isolating. What a joke.

• Sad
Reactions: saou17

witani

May 25, 2022
Hi All,

Does anyone have an email for Montreal Office? Trying to send them an email about my FP that was delivered but they show it as not rec'd till now!

anees661

Jun 15, 2022
Hello,I made a mistake while uploading the Id proof ,I have uploaded my face two time instead of id ,what should I do ,does anyone face the same problem .

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
Hello,I made a mistake while uploading the Id proof ,I have uploaded my face two time instead of id ,what should I do ,does anyone face the same problem .
If you're talking about the test, I've heard of other people accidentally doing this. The test will be invalidated and you'll have to wait for a second test invitation.