+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Should we sue?? this is outright discrimination. Please gather a petition based on this quota if we exceed 12 months of processing and request to have IRCC give us a response as to why they are delaying us without due course even though we are in the minority. I don't accept being used as a 'test animal' for their own online system. This means that people who will apply in 2022 and 2023 will get their citizenships while we lag behind! Damn!!! Is this fair?? Is this a way to treat law abiding PR who believed in Canada and its fairness?
Yeah you are right. It’s a joke that they use us as a “test batch of 5000” to see how their online system works!!! There should have been a disclaimer saying that the online system is a testing tool and our applications might take longer, if we apply online.

Perhaps a petition to increase that limit of 5000 should be submitted. This could force them to remove that limit.
Anyone here have any expedient with writing petitions?

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Reactions: PandS

PandS

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Check processing times - Canada.ca
Last update: June 1, 2022 Updated weekly
This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications in the past. It starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision. Your application may be delayed or returned if it’s not complete.
Thank you! I am hoping that I fit the 1 year as it was before. I called the center and the operator told me that my app looks routine and that I should be done shortly(within the 12 months from start to finish). So we will have to see. They also told me mine is being processed in Vancouver even though I am in Winnipeg.

Reactions: saou17

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Thank you! I am hoping that I fit the 1 year as it was before. I called the center and the operator told me that my app looks routine and that I should be done shortly(within the 12 months from start to finish). So we will have to see. They also told me mine is being processed in Vancouver even though I am in Winnipeg.
Same here.. I am from Winnipeg too but GCMS notes says my processing office is Vancouver.

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
https://ibb.co/HGxpndw

I'm not 100% clear on what the text highlighted in yellow means. Are they saying they won't be able to meet the 12 month standard for people who applied until the middle of the Fiscal Year Q4? But will they be able to meet it for people who applied after?

Also it looks like they'll process "0" ZERO applications that are in the Sydney office submitted between October and December 2021. What will happen with those applications?

• Wow
Reactions: saou17