+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Starting to get anxious now.. I see in Dec forum ppl have started getting test invites with AOR much later than mine. I see no movement on my application since 25th Feb when BCG was completed.

Is there anything that I can do? Would calling the IRCC helpline help expedite my application or atleast get them to review it?

dungle87

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Saskatchewan
Starting to get anxious now.. I see in Dec forum ppl have started getting test invites with AOR much later than mine. I see no movement on my application since 25th Feb when BCG was completed.

Is there anything that I can do? Would calling the IRCC helpline help expedite my application or atleast get them to review it?
My Background verification is even still In progress :))

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any online applicants updates ? Nothing after aor and it’s pissing , many applicants who applied after me got updates ?
Nothing. AOR Jan 28. The whole process is so random and disorganized. They don't give a crap anyway.

Last edited:

LoreAR

May 4, 2022
Any online applicants updates ? Nothing after aor and it’s pissing , many applicants who applied after me got updates ?
A guy from work applied in January 2022, and he already has his Oath Invitation; he did not apply for urgent processing. He is 19, immigrated with his parents and submitted a single online application. Has never left the country. I thought he was joking until he showed me his tracker. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Same office as me. Kitchener.

@wksj, if it is possible, you should do it! I feel bad for the 2019 and 2020 people or anyone that applied after me. I know that this process is really unfair.

LoreAR

May 4, 2022

LoreAR

May 4, 2022
Congratz !!
Can you please post your timeline ?
Thank you !
Yes, here is the information,

Single Applicant - Online
Office - Kitchener, Ontario
Phisical Presence - 1117
Submitted Application - Nov 28, 2021
AOR - Dec 14, 2021
In Progress in ECAS - Dec 15, 2021
Test Invite - Mar 15, 2022
Done Test - Mar 17, 2022
Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions Completed - May 13, 2022
Oath Letter - May 16, 2022
Oath Ceremony - Jun 03, 2022

I added my country because I was told that some countries take more time to get the information, and I know that Argentina somehow has kind of shared databases with the USA. I've seen that Countries that have shared databases with the USA or some kind of arrangement are approved faster. On the GCMS notes that I just received mentioned that the biometrics were taken from a partner (USA). I have a US visa.

LoreAR

May 4, 2022
I'm a big data analyst, and here is some important information. I feel committed to this forum, and I made a short analysis for people that already had the test; if you guys want me to run any other analysis, please let me know and give me time. I'm in my break. LOL

Days from TEST TO DECISION MADE

JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulySeptember
# Sample Data595879706429105
# Days from Test to DM
Average8079697253607225
Min1341856338
Max22339820216015813014455
AVERAGES
2021 Average69
2021 A. Min10
2021 A. Max202

This exercise shows tendencies. Unfortunately, we don't have the same number of samples for each month. I can bet that more people already got their citizenship in January and February, and for sure, they have their passports. But they forgot to update the file. More than 80% of people are NOT committed to returning once they receive the Oath Letter. So take the average, that it will take around 70 days for the people that had the test to have an update. Minimum days 10, maximum 400 days (More than13 months, which is still within the 27 months of processing time).

IRCC changed the time to 27 months just to have an excuse to tell applicants that the file is still on time. While the average before Covid was between 8 to 12 months.

Last edited:

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A guy from work applied in January 2022, and he already has his Oath Invitation; he did not apply for urgent processing. He is 19, immigrated with his parents and submitted a single online application. Has never left the country. I thought he was joking until he showed me his tracker. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Same office as me. Kitchener.

@wksj, if it is possible, you should do it! I feel bad for the 2019 and 2020 people or anyone that applied after me. I know that this process is really unfair.
That's another evidence of how fucked up IRCC is.

Reactions: LoreAR

maakrose

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
17 February 2015
AOR Received.
25 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
9 May 2015
Med's Done....
24 May 2015 & New Born on 1 July
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
4 Sep'15, Submitted to RVO on 8th Sep
VISA ISSUED...
16 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
March 2016...Alhamdulillah

Jadjood

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hello,

I applied for my two children as minors (paper application)
The time line as follows
Application sent on Novembre 15th
Received on Novembre 19th
AOR on January 17th 2022
Physical presence: 12??

my question is the following,

I checked their application status this morning and I found un update dated yesterday May 9th
They mentioned that they sent me a letter or email requesting more information.

I checked my email and also my spam folder nothing was received.

do I have to worry? Do they send letters instead of emails?

what should I do if I don’t receive anything In the coming days.

please share with me your thoughts.

thanks
I contacted IRCC , they confirmed that there was no request for additional information. The files of my children were put on hold awaiting outcome of my application and my wife’s.

they explained that this due to the fact that I and my wife applied online while my children applied on paper, therefore they cannot processed together.
I think it was a huge mistake to apply separately for everyone, we should have applied paper application for the whole family.

vbadry

Jan 13, 2019
I'm a big data analyst, and here is some important information. I feel committed to this forum, and I made a short analysis for people that already had the test; if you guys want me to run any other analysis, please let me know and give me time. I'm in my break. LOL

Days from TEST TO DECISION MADE

JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulySeptember
# Sample Data595879706429105
# Days from Test to DM
Average8079697253607225
Min1341856338
Max22339820216015813014455
AVERAGES
2021 Average69
2021 A. Min10
2021 A. Max202

This exercise shows tendencies. Unfortunately, we don't have the same number of samples for each month. I can bet that more people already got their citizenship in January and February, and for sure, they have their passports. But they forgot to update the file. More than 80% of people are NOT committed to returning once they receive the Oath Letter. So take the average, that it will take around 70 days for the people that had the test to have an update. Minimum days 10, maximum 400 days (More than13 months, which is still within the 27 months of processing time).

IRCC changed the time to 27 months just to have an excuse to tell applicants that the file is still on time. While the average before Covid was between 8 to 12 months.

Hi LoreAR

thanks for this analysis .. i completed my test and my tracker shows completed as well .
are the physical presence and prohibitions check made together when the decision made update is done or are they the next expected steps ?

i always thought they would do those before test invites but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Regards
vbadry