November 2021 - Citizenship applications

Raza0071

Sep 19, 2019
Please update:

DM: May 02, 2022
OL: May 12, 2022
OC: June 13, 2022

Office: Kitchener
. Now I know why... I applied when I was living in Cambridge, can you update me, the file says Woodstock ( I started living 2 months ago in this city), please

Thank you very much to everybody in this forum, for all the comments, support, and Direct Messages. You will have your decision really soon.

Notes:
I see that the Kitchener office is working really hard and now is one of the fastest offices in Canada. A close friend of a friend that applied in January 2022, (YES... THIS YEAR)... already has the ceremony scheduled, UNREAL I know, but UNFAIR for all the 2019 and 2020 guys that are still waiting. Analyzing the data from different platforms, I've seen that Edmonton, Calgary, Mississauga, Kitchener and Montreal are speeding up all the processes for people that applied in the last quarter of 2021 and this year.

Also, there is LOTS of pressure from PR and Citizenship applicants, reaching out to their MP (Great initiative), and more because the PR draws will start again in July so the 2.1M backlog will grow.

SIGN THE PETITION TO THE HOUSE OF COMMONS: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-3994
What’s your timeline

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
It seems that when journalists make ATIP requests, they receive them really quickly. Has anyone tried choosing the option that says you are the Media when making an ATIP request?

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
What’s your timeline
Paper Application - Family (2)
Office - Kitchener, ON
Submitted - Nov 06, 2021
Received in Sydney - Nov 16, 2021
AOR - Jan 23, 2022
BG Cleared - Feb 21, 2022
Test Invitation - Mar 28, 2022
Test Done - Apr 16, 2022
DM ECAS - May 02, 2022
OL - May 12, 2022
CI - Jun 13, 2022

Reactions: Raza0071

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi fellows,
My wife's application was submitted on November 1, 2021. Online. She has received AOR on Jan 28, 2022 and nothing since then. Even background check hasn't been completed yet. Are there any folks in the same situation? Thanks.

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
Hi fellows,
My wife's application was submitted on November 1, 2021. Online. She has received AOR on Jan 28, 2022 and nothing since then. Even background check hasn't been completed yet. Are there any folks in the same situation? Thanks.
Yup, except I received my AOR on January 25th. (I applied on paper),

Last edited:
Reactions: tgman

LoreAR

May 4, 2022
This article is old but interesting. I can see that IRCC is not doing a good job, as many of you have mentioned.

https://policyoptions.irpp.org/magazines/april-2021/amid-languishing-numbers-canadas-citizenship-process-needs-to-be-modernized/

I agree with a lot of your comments, I'm a strong believer that the process should take no more than 12 months, with an average of 6 to 8 months until they decide on the file.

I'll come back when I have any updates in my file, it seems that the Kitchener office decides the cases fast, but then it takes time to schedule the Oath Ceremony and really all this process was super stressful. Not because of the timing, but the situation that IRCC is experiencing at this point, is really critical. Inviting lots of people, not caring about people that are already in the country, a lot of people going back to their countries after getting their passport.

I'm really honest, and I think that asking for the GCMS notes helped me a bit. I request these and suddenly my file changed to the next phase. I recall that I checked this article a couple of months back:

https://canadawiz.ca/how-to-order-gcms-notes-from-canada-ircc/#:~:text=IRCC does not process GCMS,before releasing your GCMS Notes.

Ordering GCMS Notes is your right under the AIPT. In fact. IRCC does not process GCMS Notes requests. On the contrary, requesting your GCMS Notes may be beneficial and could help move your file forward. This is the case as an immigration officer has to review your file before releasing your GCMS Notes. Thus, the IRCC officer may use this opportunity to update documents received from other agencies.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seems so. But the whole process seems very 'at random', so I don't trust the statistics that much.
Ya, obviously the process is at full discretion of the processing offfice, officer, general mood and millions of other variables. And for sure they would justify their incompetence with covid, bla bla bla

Reactions: lordoftherings

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Seems so. But the whole process seems very 'at random', so I don't trust the statistics that much.
Since you been through the entire process, do you know how long does it take for the BG check to complete? I might be wrong but it is around 140-168 days based on the spreadsheet. Also, family applications seem to go faster than online applications. I have a friend who applied June 12 2021 and is waiting for the Oath Invite. I would consider myself luck if I get test invitation until November or December of 2022. Go figure, sigh.

Reactions: ArthurTheGreat