+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

jakubeak

Jan 15, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
28-06-2019
how do we contact our processing office about the application status? Is there an email?

PolarBear78

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO/CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
11-09-2017 (upfront)
Passport Req..
13-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2018
Hello guys !

Anybody knows why some people are asked to provide passport pages while others don't? We provide everything upfront with the initial application so I don't understand why they would ask for it again especially that it causes additional unnecessary delays.

Same for fingerprints: Is it required for the background check only ? Right now I'm sitting at background check and citizenship test both completed, with the rest in progress. Does that mean that I still might get asked for fingerprints?

For more information:

- Application received: November 1st
- AOR: January 4th
- Background check completed: February 8th
- Test invite: April 5th
- Test date: April 11th.
- Test status updated to completed: April 13th
- Ghost update: April 25th

Thanks !
Was it really an ghost update on April 25th? I think they updated the test status to complete on that day for previous few weeks' test.

Alok06

Apr 14, 2018
can somebody explain this 2 weeks in a row requirement. is it incase i receive test invite while i am away or something else ?
By Informing IRCC they mean either call or web form ( which they will read only after 1-2 months ). I plan to travel to my country of origin for upto 4 weeks what should i do ?

When to contact us
Do not contact us about your application status if you don’t have an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter.
While we process your application, contact us if any information on your application changes or if you

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Anybody knows why some people are asked to provide passport pages while others don't? We provide everything upfront with the initial application so I don't understand why they would ask for it again especially that it causes additional unnecessary delays.
My guess is because you could've travelled between when you submitted your application and today.

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
can somebody explain this 2 weeks in a row requirement. is it incase i receive test invite while i am away or something else ?
By Informing IRCC they mean either call or web form ( which they will read only after 1-2 months ). I plan to travel to my country of origin for upto 4 weeks what should i do ?

When to contact us
Do not contact us about your application status if you don’t have an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter.
While we process your application, contact us if any information on your application changes or if you

You can take a test outside Canada.

dany125

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Outland-Paper
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
25-05-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
Nomination.....
30-10-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2018
Med's Request
26-06-2018
LANDED..........
26-10-2018
Physical Presence Days: 1105
5 Year Eligibility: Nov 02, 2016 - Nov 02, 2021
Application: Family (2+3)
Application sent: November 07, 2021
Delivered: Nov 18, 2021 (Paper)
AOR: Jan 25, 2022
Status (in progress): Jan 31, 2022 (Got online access).
Background Comp: Feb 15, 2022 (Spouse only)
Fingerprints Req: Apr 26 (Myself only)

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
I just called IRCC, the agent said everything is in process, all I can do is to wait for IRCC to contact me, no required action from me at this time. She mentioned it could be 27 months until I hear anything and that the office that has my application is at is currently working on 2019/2020 applications. Also my application is being processed at Montreal office.

Reactions: GD.Iron.80

LoreAR

May 4, 2022
I just called IRCC, the agent said everything is in process, all I can do is to wait for IRCC to contact me, no required action from me at this time. She mentioned it could be 27 months until I hear anything and that the office that has my application is at is currently working on 2019/2020 applications. Also my application is being processed at Montreal office.
I called this week, and it took me several calls to reach an agent, I spent all my lunchtime, and I got the same information. The lady also told me that they couldn't speed up the process and had not communicated with any citizenship agents. I've seen that people suggest calling every day, but I concluded that is a waste of time for me. Great for those who have enough time to call daily, but it seems that it is senseless, getting the same information repeatedly. I just requested the GCMS notes this week. I'm curious to check that document.

My ex-bf did all the PR process, so I'm not that familiar with this immigration situation, and I see polarized points of view and suggestions on this forum. And to be realistic, we all are in the same boat. We should figure out a plan as a group and come up with a solution. I just see people trying desperate alternatives, but what could happen if, for example, we make a document with all the electronic signatures with a petition to the Justin T. for example. 27 months is not fair in my opinion.

Can we suggest an action plan where all of us could have a benefit? BRAINSTORM TIME!!!

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I called this week, and it took me several calls to reach an agent, I spent all my lunchtime, and I got the same information. The lady also told me that they couldn't speed up the process and had not communicated with any citizenship agents. I've seen that people suggest calling every day, but I concluded that is a waste of time for me. Great for those who have enough time to call daily, but it seems that it is senseless, getting the same information repeatedly. I just requested the GCMS notes this week. I'm curious to check that document.

My ex-bf did all the PR process, so I'm not that familiar with this immigration situation, and I see polarized points of view and suggestions on this forum. And to be realistic, we all are in the same boat. We should figure out a plan as a group and come up with a solution. I just see people trying desperate alternatives, but what could happen if, for example, we make a document with all the electronic signatures with a petition to the Justin T. for example. 27 months is not fair in my opinion.

Can we suggest an action plan where all of us could have a benefit? BRAINSTORM TIME!!!
Hello, in my case, I called every day to IRCC but was able to reach the agent just an average of 3 times per week. I requested the GCMS notes once a month and submitted one webform (to which I haven't received an answer). My file is all cleared, but I have not received my Oath Letter, everything is Completed except for the Citizenship Ceremony, and I see that the Kitchener office tends to reach that phase, and then months will pass until you have any other information.

My suggestion is to reach out to the IRCC minister, which I've mentioned many times. https://www.seanfrasermp.ca/contact-us

LoreAR

May 4, 2022
Hello, in my case, I called every day to IRCC but was able to reach the agent just an average of 3 times per week. I requested the GCMS notes once a month and submitted one webform (to which I haven't received an answer). My file is all cleared, but I have not received my Oath Letter, everything is Completed except for the Citizenship Ceremony, and I see that the Kitchener office tends to reach that phase, and then months will pass until you have any other information.

My suggestion is to reach out to the IRCC minister, which I've mentioned many times. https://www.seanfrasermp.ca/contact-us
OMG, my file is in the Kitchener office too. Those are bad news. I checked the link, and it is just a form. But well, that is a good suggestion. Have you used that link? What happened?

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
OMG, my file is in the Kitchener office too. Those are bad news. I checked the link, and it is just a form. But well, that is a good suggestion. Have you used that link? What happened?
I've used that form twice, and so far, no answer. I guess that you are correct; with more than 2,000,000 applications in the queue, we won't be the only ones.

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022

I called around 8:30a yesterday and only had to wait 10 minutes to talk to an agent, but yes I agree I don't have time to call every day and hope that I get to talk to someone. I also requested the GCMS/ATIP notes this week as well.