+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

scaper

Sep 3, 2019
Got the test completion update on the tracker as well, the rest is in progress.

Application type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: November 29, 2021
Delivered: November 29, 2021
AOR: February 9, 2022
Test Invite: April 20, 2022
Test Completed: April 25, 2022

Reactions: Shining Moon

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
please add me to the spreadsheet as well.

Application Type: Paper
Physical presence: 1,382
Application: Single
Application sent: November 2, 2021
Application delivered: November 3, 2021 (via courier - FedEx)
AOR Received: January 19, 2022
Citizenship test invite: April 4, 2022
Citizenship test taken: April 22, 2022

just waiting for rest of application which is "in progress"

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Test status updated to completed on new tracker for both me and my wife today. But actual date is 19 April. Test taken on 14 April.

Reactions: Franko72

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi all,

Checked the tracker after reading the latest posts here and it now says April 12 “scheduled for citizenship test” and the new update mentions: “citizenship test activity - waiting on you”.

Spouse and I passed the test on Saturday night so just hoping it reflects soon on the system.
Just checked the tracker again. Status now updated to Citizenship Test Completed for both spouse and me.

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi all,

Checked the tracker after reading the latest posts here and it now says April 12 “scheduled for citizenship test” and the new update mentions: “citizenship test activity - waiting on you”.

Spouse and I passed the test on Saturday night so just hoping it reflects soon on the system.
It usually takes up to 10 business days. After that they pass your file to the queue with the Citizenship Official, when they get to your file they will send you the Oath Invitation.

This depends on how many files your application office has, and the Oath Ceremony availability. So even though your file is ready, if they don't see a spot, they will not touch the files, until they have a spot. So be patient.

Reactions: PMV

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
It usually takes up to 10 business days. After that they pass your file to the queue with the Citizenship Official, when they get to your file they will send you the Oath Invitation.

This depends on how many files your application office has, and the Oath Ceremony availability. So even though your file is ready, if they don't see a spot, they will not touch the files, until they have a spot. So be patient.
hi! Replied above your comment. They updated it to complete!

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Test status updated to completed on new tracker for both me and my wife today. But actual date is 19 April. Test taken on 14 April.
Same as me and my partner. We had our exams on April 15 and 16, the update says April 19, but it was updated yesterday. I guess they update the system every week, or they run some internal approvals before posting it on the tracker.

The next step is that the Citizenship Team will process applicants based on the date of completed test. Once they have completed the test for your file, you will have your file reviewed to be granted your Citizenship and invited to a virtual ceremony to take your Oaths. Due to current backlogs, they cannot provide a specific time frame for when anyone will be granted Citizenship. The average at this moment, according to the statistics, is six months because first, the Citizen Team needs to find a spot for the Oath ceremony, and there are still 60,000 people waiting for their Oath; the good thing is that 30% of them are outside the country and will reschedule. So our Oath ceremonies have an opportunity to be in 2 weeks after completing the file to fill that gap.

Again, that depends on each processing office; it does not matter if is paper or online.... after the test is the same queue for everybody.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Who said you go from test to Oath? They still need to verify language skills, residency, prohibitions! They could do an interview, ask for extra documents, passport pages, it is not the same for everyone and Oath space availability is not needed to complete those.

• Haha
Reactions: Franko72 and DJSHO

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Same as me and my partner. We had our exams on April 15 and 16, the update says April 19, but it was updated yesterday. I guess they update the system every week, or they run some internal approvals before posting it on the tracker.

The next step is that the Citizenship Team will process applicants based on the date of completed test. Once they have completed the test for your file, you will have your file reviewed to be granted your Citizenship and invited to a virtual ceremony to take your Oaths. Due to current backlogs, they cannot provide a specific time frame for when anyone will be granted Citizenship. The average at this moment, according to the statistics, is six months because first, the Citizen Team needs to find a spot for the Oath ceremony, and there are still 60,000 people waiting for their Oath; the good thing is that 30% of them are outside the country and will reschedule. So our Oath ceremonies have an opportunity to be in 2 weeks after completing the file to fill that gap.

Again, that depends on each processing office; it does not matter if is paper or online.... after the test is the same queue for everybody.

Thanks for this detailed and super informative response! Spouse and I happen to be in the 30% who are outside Canada. But of course; ready to fly back the moment the oath invitation comes.

fingers crossed for us all.

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Who said you go from test to Oath? They still need to verify language skills, residency, prohibitions! They could do an interview, ask for extra documents, passport pages, it is not the same for everyone and Oath space availability is not needed to complete those.
Yeah I am a bit confused with these comments. I thought everything except the 'Citizenship Oath' needs to be completed to be even considered for oath. Is that no the case anymore?

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
My case(Both me and Spouse) test and BG are completed. Language , Physical presence and Prohibition in Progress. Oath Not started.

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017

Forgive me but where are you getting all these numbers and info from?

Shawlay

Nov 16, 2021
Application type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1115
Application: Family(3)
Application sent: November 13, 2021
Delivered: November 16, 2021
AOR: Waiting
please update:
AOR: Jan 14
BG check completed: Feb 15
Test invite: April 11
Test completed: April 19

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Yes, but basically being positive if you don't need anything else, you can receive the Oath invitation. That depends on how good you did your job while filling your application and provided all the documents at that point. The hardest and the one that takes more time is the Background Check....

And sorry if you think differently... This information I got it from immigration. Of course every file is different... and the Citizenship Officer has the final word... but technically is the Test to the Oath if everything is ok with the file.

Reactions: PolarBear78 and PMV