+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

polk

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Can someone kindly explain , why not a single online applicant from November got any update after AOR? While many paper based got BG updates ? Thank you in advance
It's very interesting how the online applications are stalling and paper applications are moving. One would think online is faster somehow.

dungle87

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Saskatchewan
It's very interesting how the online applications are stalling and paper applications are moving. One would think online is faster somehow.
Possibly because the reviewers are not trained and familiar with online tools.
It would be easier for them if they could hold the paper to read and check it like they've been doing for decades

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Let's hope they're not going to work on the entire paper application backlog before they get to online applications... I was hoping that online would be much faster... Yet, it seems it's not. My consolation however is the fact, that looking at the Citizenship Tracker 2021, it looks like A LOT of applications (including online) were fully processed in around 1 year. Which means us, November 2021 applicants can hope for the Oath this year. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Madeline01

lordoftherings

Jan 27, 2022
Paper applicant here. Got my AOR on January 25th still no update though, its been about 2 months so far. I applied from Mississauga so they just must be a slow office.