+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
I am not worried, my file is with Vancouver office, I almost passed 16 months out of the official 23 months processing time.
How have you passed 16 months? It starts from AOR, which is Feb right? So technically just 12, almost 13?

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
No it starts from when the file arrived at thier storage if paper based, and for online starts when hitting the submit button.
Oh for online it starts when you submit? I had no idea. That also means I’ll be at 16 months I guess

Reactions: missymary

MTLresident

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
My background verification got completed today. This proves that background verification was going on despite the fact that my ATIP notes indicated otherwise.
I think background verifications are being completed for everyone one that stuck at AOR and I am confident that you will start seeing updates soon.
I knew it! Great news.

Reactions: Jadjood

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
And does the processing time end at decision made or oath?
It has three stages
According to us it ends when we do the oath.
According to them it ends when the decision made.
According to the tracker system it ends when they close the file and says welcome to the Canadian family.
But you didn't tell me any good news after your BG completed?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
It has three stages
According to us it ends when we do the oath.
According to them it ends when the decision made.
According to the tracker system it ends when they close the file and says welcome to the Canadian family.
But you didn't tell me any good news after your BG completed?
That's interesting, any official reference for the dm end?

Still waiting for an update after BG, but it's only been a couple of weeks. Based on other's recent reports, I'm hoping to see an update in a few more weeks.

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
That's interesting, any official reference for the dm end?

Still waiting for an update after BG, but it's only been a couple of weeks. Based on other's recent reports, I'm hoping to see an update in a few more weeks.
Hopefully you hear something this coming week, because I think you noticed that too, usually after the long waiting for the BG once it gets completed everything finishes fast, like within a month time frame everything gets completed including oath, so let's hope for the best.

I didn't get what do you mean.
(any official reference for the dm end?).

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hopefully you hear something this coming week, because I think you noticed that too, usually after the long waiting for the BG once it gets completed everything finishes fast, like within a month time frame everything gets completed including oath, so let's hope for the best.

I didn't get what do you mean.
(any official reference for the dm end?).
Yes I have noticed that people who have got background cleared after a long wait have seen LPP within a few weeks and oath invite 2 months after that (although some people are stuck waiting for oath). So a 3 month wait at the very least. Unless they take issue with my file: being self-employed, I am very worried about a lengthy delay for residency check.

I meant, is there any official guidance on what exactly constitutes the "23 month" period.

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Yes I have noticed that people who have got background cleared after a long wait have seen LPP within a few weeks and oath invite 2 months after that (although some people are stuck waiting for oath). So a 3 month wait at the very least. Unless they take issue with my file: being self-employed, I am very worried about a lengthy delay for residency check.

I meant, is there any official guidance on what exactly constitutes the "23 month" period.
No, they made it totally hidden and deceiving, so nobody can hold them accountable. especially when it comes to BG checks. Now, even when they've said it's 4 to 6 months after the test should get oath, it hasn't been followed.

4Raj

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
ONLINE APPLICATION
AOR FEB 2
BG CHECK JULY 18 2022
Test invite: Feb 17, 2023
Test Taken: Feb 24, 2023

Waiting to get the test updated on the portal. How many days does it take any idea guys?

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
ONLINE APPLICATION
AOR FEB 2
BG CHECK JULY 18 2022
Test invite: Feb 17, 2023
Test Taken: Feb 24, 2023

Waiting to get the test updated on the portal. How many days does it take any idea guys?
It normally takes couple of days. It was a weekend, so it should be updated this week.