+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I find no use in calling them anymore. It's kinda obvious that they see a different version of our tracker, but all info will be the same. They can only explain things that we can't understand on the tracker, and when we ask for an ETA, they're instructed to say the official "processing time" duration on IRCC website.
Yes, calling them is pretty pointless. The call centre agents, just confirm what you already know and tell you about the 25 month processing time. It's much better to order GCMS notes if you want a more in-depth insight. Though they have dropped the ball with that too and don't send them out in time!
Realistically a routine citizenship application doesn't really take that much work, they could wrap it up in 1 month. I have no idea where the 25 month BS came from.

I have a friend who applied for British citizenship and the application took 4 months, and that's the norm over there...

Reactions: as_ok

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
I have a friend who applied for British citizenship and the application took 4 months, and that's the norm over there...
Some context though - British citizenship application is basically a formality. The tough part is the indefinite leave to remain. Most of the heavy lifting happens then and you can just apply for citizenship 12 months after that.

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Some context though - British citizenship application is basically a formality. The tough part is the indefinite leave to remain. Most of the heavy lifting happens then and you can just apply for citizenship 12 months after that.
Not really just a formality. There is a lot involved and yes, the PR is the hard part, but you could say the same about Canada... The PR is where there are more checks and more effort involved, then citizenship is just the next step. So I'd say these two processes are pretty similar. I would not say the 25 month processing time is justified. Even 12 months is long.

Reactions: Shining Moon

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, calling them is pretty pointless. The call centre agents, just confirm what you already know and tell you about the 25 month processing time. It's much better to order GCMS notes if you want a more in-depth insight. Though they have dropped the ball with that too and don't send them out in time!
Realistically a routine citizenship application doesn't really take that much work, they could wrap it up in 1 month. I have no idea where the 25 month BS came from.

everything that related to government services in canada sucks. So miserable compared to other g7 countries

Kuala2022

Feb 14, 2022
Hello guys, as we all know there is a system update for Oct 7th. Also, we all need to reset our passwords.
I can reset my and my kids' passwords (with my email), but can't complete the reset process for my wife (with her email).
I enter the UCI and App no, then I can see the next page says the system finds the related email (showing it partly).
Then once I click on the send code button, the code can't be sent. I am stuck at this level.
I tried to enter all info (UCI+App no) manually via MS Edge, Chrome, or even via my iphone. Not working!
Same issue there? Any help would be appreciated!

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
Hello guys, as we all know there is a system update for Oct 7th. Also, we all need to reset our passwords.
I can reset my and my kids' passwords (with my email), but can't complete the reset process for my wife (with her email).
I enter the UCI and App no, then I can see the next page says the system finds the related email (showing it partly).
Then once I click on the send code button, the code can't be sent. I am stuck at this level.
I tried to enter all info (UCI+App no) manually via MS Edge, Chrome, or even via my iphone. Not working!
Same issue there? Any help would be appreciated!
The password reset functionality seems to be working fine for Gmail accounts. When I try to send a password reset code to my Outlook account, the updated system returns a "technical difficulty" error.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
got our ceremony invitation for november 14 for updating the tracker.
good luck everyone! it's a waiting game!
Congrats! When did you apply ?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
congrats can you please share your timeline, your signature is still in PR mode :)
sure it should be more acurate in the tracker but aor feb 3, test in end of august, the rest changed on september 16

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Congrats! When did you apply ?
it should be more acurate in the tracker but aor feb 3, test in end of august, the rest changed on september 16. initially applied start of november . to be honest ididn't even think about it the entire time

Reactions: atzquebec

akshatk

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
28-09-2016
File Transfer...
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
01-05-2016
it should be more acurate in the tracker but aor feb 3, test in end of august, the rest changed on september 16. initially applied start of november . to be honest ididn't even think about it the entire time
which visa office is it ?

is it scarborough?