- BG check completed: February 8th, 2022
- Test invite: April 5th, 2022
- Test Taken: April 11th, 2022
- Test updated to completed: April 13th, 2022
- Physical presence, language skills and prohibitions completed: June 2nd, 2022
- Decision Made: June 2nd, 2022
- Oath invite: August 8th, 2022
- Oath Ceremony: August 15th, 2022
that's so fast! Congrats tho! is it online application?

kjaspreet

Jan 5, 2018
Timeline:
Application submitted: 1st Nov 2021
Application received: 1st Nov 2021
AOR: 28th Jan 2022
Fingerprint Requested: 19th July 2022
Test Invite: 5th Aug 2022
Test Completed: 12th Aug 2022

Waiting for Fingerprint, Background completion and Oath invite.

nik.bapat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Pune
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-09-2018
Any among us who have already had their Oath ceremony yet? How long is it generally taking for all the checks to be completed after the Test Status is updated?

fifi02

Star Member
Jul 20, 2022
when do you guys receive your test invite with the instructions? I have the window on the tracker but no email instructions been sent yet.. window august 19-sept 8th

nik.bapat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Pune
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-09-2018
when do you guys receive your test invite with the instructions? I have the window on the tracker but no email instructions been sent yet.. window august 19-sept 8th
You should receive it in a couple of days

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Any among us who have already had their Oath ceremony yet? How long is it generally taking for all the checks to be completed after the Test Status is updated?
I haven’t gotten an oath date yet, but it took 4 months after sitting for the test to get everything else marked as complete. I know this doesn’t answer you question regarding the oath, but I hope it helps.

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
For me I got the test invite a couple of months after BG completed, then it took only a couple of days after I took and passed the test for the test status to be updated to complete. A month and a half after I got my DM, and 2 months after DM I got the oath invite which was only a week before the actual ceremony date.

Last edited:

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
For me I got the test invite a couple of months after BG completed, then it took only a couple of days after I took and passed the test for the test status to be updated to complete. A month and a half after I got my DM, and 2 months after DM I got the oath invite which was only a week before the actual ceremony date.
Sorry but what do you mean by DM? I have passed the test on July and it shows completed on tracker. My BG was completed long before.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
What is the average time for BG to be completed? Do you calculate from the date of submission, from when you receive the AOR or from the time an application is in process in the system? Online applicant.

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...

I am attaching GENERAL information that the email encompasses of.

Eligibility
 If you were 18 years of age or older but less than 55 years of age on the date you signed your
application, you are required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities
and privileges of Canadian citizenship as well as your proficiency in English or French.
 If you were less than 18 years of age or 55 years of age and older on the date you signed your
application and have received this invitation, please contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
(IRCC) by writing a message to IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-
DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca <<< this email only applied to me as it is MY APPLICATION OFFICE your office would have a different email id. You should find that out with other who has same office as yours

 If you need accommodations and/or have requested a waiver of the language and/or knowledge
requirements due to a medical condition, and are receiving this invitation, please contact us
IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca before attempting to do
the online test and we will provide the next steps. <<< this email only applied to me as it is MY APPLICATION OFFICE your office would have a different email id. You should find that out with other who has same office as yous

 If you are outside of Canada and you would like to take the Canadian citizenship knowledge test
from outside of Canada, please contact us IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-
DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca within 24 to 48 hours from the date of this notice
and indicate ‘’Outside Canada’’ in the subject line of the email. Provide your name, application
number and the start and end date for your online test in the text of your email. We’ll contact you
with the next steps after we receive your email. <<< this email only applied to me as it is MY APPLICATION OFFICE your office would have a different email id. You should find that out with other who has same office as yours

Before the Citizenship Knowledge Test
To prepare for the test, you will need to read the Study Guide - Discover Canada - The Rights and
Responsibilities of Citizenship, which was provided to you either by mail or by electronic web link. This is
the only publication you need to study for the test. The study guide is also available in alternate formats,
including audio at the same link at above.
To take the online test you will need:
 A photo identification (ID) with your signature on it, such as
o your permanent resident (PR) card (even if it’s expired) or
o a valid government issued photo ID
Important: On step 6 of the sign in process, you are required to take a picture of your photo ID. Do
not take a picture of your face at this step. If you make a mistake, you may exit the test platform
and restart the sign in process to take new photos as long as you have not started the test.
 Your application number and unique client identifier (UCI)
o Located at the top of your test notice
 The email address you provided on your application form
o or the email address you most recently provided through the Web form or Client
Support Centre
 If applicable, you will need your representative’s email address (the email in the IMM 5476
form)
 A desktop computer, laptop, or tablet
 A working webcam
o The webcam can be built-into the device or standalone (Attached to the device)
 A reliable Internet connection
 A Chrome or Safari web browser
The following items cannot be used to take the test at this time:
• A mobile phone
• Chrome browser on an Apple iPad
• Microsoft Surface Pro
To obtain more information on how to take the online citizenship test, please visit the IRCC website.
During the Online Citizenship Test
 Sit in a well-lit area or room free of noises and disruptions.
 Remove any items from camera view that display any sensitive and/or personal information. This
includes belongings you may consider to be of a personal nature such as personal photographs,
correspondence that holds your personal information, etc.
 Since this is an individual exam, you are not permitted to consult other people or any source of
external information (including but not limited to the Internet, notes, or a copy of the Discover
Canada guide) while completing the test.

The use of only one electronic device (computer, laptop or tablet) with Internet access is permitted.
All other devices must be turned off during the test.
 The contents of the test are confidential. You may not discuss, disclose or share any information
about the test or any part of it:
 before, during, or after the test to any person - including persons you live with or have
already taken the test
 by any means, whether verbal or in writing, including email, texts or social media
 Making recordings or copies of the test itself or the testing process, or similar activities of this
nature (print outs, screen shots, photos or any other electronic copy) of the test or any parts of it
and/or written notes of any content and/or a derivative of the items is strictly prohibited.
 As per the terms and conditions you will agree to when you take the online test, any suspected
activity of this nature may be considered a breach of confidentiality and/or fraudulent behaviour. It
may result in the refusal of your citizenship application and/or misrepresentation.
Test Details
Once you are ready to take the test, please click (or copy in your Chrome or Safari browser) the
following link, and follow the instructions to begin the sign in process:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-
canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html
 You’ll have 30 minutes to complete the test; you won’t be able to stop or pause it.
 There are 20 multiple choice questions.
 The test can be answered in either English or French.
 The 30-minute timer will continue if you are disconnected.
 You can reconnect at any time within the 30 minutes.
 If you don’t manually submit, the test will automatically submit after 30 minutes has ended.
 You must be visible at all times in front of your webcam while completing the test.
 You are not permitted to open any other tabs or applications.
 You need to get 15 correct answers to pass the test.
 Your test result will be automatically generated when the online test is submitted. This score will be
temporary and not your official test result. In the upcoming months, we will review and confirm
your official test result and contact you with the next steps.
You will be asked to accept disclaimers, terms and conditions during the sign-in process. You will also be
asked to agree to have your webcam take pictures of you during the test.
Note:
 You must ensure your internet connection is stable for the duration of the test. In case you have
been disconnected, you can use the same link to continue your test. The time, however, will
continue counting down.
 If technical issues arise during the test, your test results may be invalidated. We will contact you
for next steps as soon as possible. An interview with a Citizenship officer and a retake of the test
via videoconference may be necessary.

Rescheduling
 Contact IRCC within the 30 days from the test start date with a reasonable explanation for not
attending or not completing the test. You can contact the IRCC office by emailing
IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca
Accommodations
If you require accommodations due to special needs or if you are unable to take the online test due to
exceptional circumstances, please contact IRCC by emailing IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-
DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca <<< this email only applied to me as it is MY APPLICATION OFFICE your office would have a different email id. You should find that out with other who has same office as yours

Please note that IRCC may require supporting evidence to
accommodate your request.
Accommodations or special needs may be related (but not limited) to:
 Issues related to the online format, including poor internet connection, no access to an
electronic device to write the test, no access to a webcam, no access to one of the supported
browsers used for the online test format.
 Requirements for additional support, including a braille or large-print test, sign language
interpretation, an oral version of the test, and/or additional time to take the test. Please see the
instruction guide for more information.
 Need for a waiver due to medical or compassionate grounds. You will be required to submit
supporting evidence.
 Unable to comply with camera/photo requirements due to religious beliefs or face covering.
Technical Issues
If you are experiencing technical issues prior to starting the test, please refer to Help with the Citizenship
Test . If you still cannot solve your technical issues, please contact IRCC.CitOnlineTest-
TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
Thank you for your interest in Canadian citizenship and good luck!

Reactions: siloman