+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Okotoks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
A question to the experts please: I Have applied in September, got the temporary number: xf ........ in November, checked the status with the temporary number many times and the answer was always: the review process of your file not yet started; until the mid-may where I was told that my number (xf.....) doesn't exist, the agent cross-checked with my name, DOB, etc.... and told me: yes your name is here and your application has disappeared ....... he confirmed that the payment is still there but no file in the system!!!!!!!!!!! he said he will send a not to Sydney asking for the reason.....maybe the file was returned. since I didn't receive back the file, I recalled it today (after 2 weeks ). I got the same answer: your file is not in the system and we sent a note 2 weeks back to Sydney but still no answer !!!!!!!. Does somebody had the same experience or can tell what happen???? Thanks

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
But where are the documents physically and why the person was not notified that it was returned....

cjr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
[ snip ]
... until the mid-may where I was told that my number (xf.....) doesn't exist, the agent cross-checked with my name, DOB, etc.... and told me: yes your name is here and your application has disappeared
[ snip ]
Just out of curiosity, did the agent try to find it using the application number *without* the "x" in front?

You never know!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
But where are the documents physically and why the person was not notified that it was returned....
Unfortunately they don't advise you it is being returned, it is sent regular mail so depending where you are it can take quite a while. When it does arrive it will tell you why it was returned.

Okotoks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Just out of curiosity, did the agent try to find it using the application number *without* the "x" in front?

You never know!
Like I said he couldn't find the file with the temporary number (like before where they easily find it with the same temporary number) , then he rec confirmed with either the name and DOB or receipt number.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Unfortunately they don't advise you it is being returned, it is sent regular mail so depending where you are it can take quite a while. When it does arrive it will tell you why it was returned.
Uhh..
In our case they returned only the expired PCCs physically, the other docs, I suggest, are there in Sydney. Since may 17 we didn’t hear anything yet

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
saw the 2021 tracker, why, just why they're reviewing tne newest applicants faster... not fair!!
some people who applied in march already have DMs and passport requests!

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
saw the 2021 tracker, why, just why they're reviewing tne newest applicants faster... not fair!!
some people who applied in march already have DMs and passport requests!
I know how you feel and I had similar feelings a few months ago when it was clear that people who had submitted their filed after November 15th were going much faster than everyone before, including September and October. However, things eventually moved forward and I realized that this is an unfair world and that we need to get used to it. There are so many things outside of our control. You can't choose who will get your file, who will get sick and do things slower, who is in a good or bad mood, who will require more documents. All you can do is prepare your documents carefully and send them out as soon as you can. The rest is beyond what we can control. For every person that seems to go way too fast, there are other people that are stuck in this process for forever, so every case is different and it is pointless to feel envy towards others.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
I know how you feel and I had similar feelings a few months ago when it was clear that people who had submitted their filed after November 15th were going much faster than everyone before, including September and October. However, things eventually moved forward and I realized that this is an unfair world and that we need to get used to it. There are so many things outside of our control. You can't choose who will get your file, who will get sick and do things slower, who is in a good or bad mood, who will require more documents. All you can do is prepare your documents carefully and send them out as soon as you can. The rest is beyond what we can control. For every person that seems to go way too fast, there are other people that are stuck in this process for forever, so every case is different and it is pointless to feel envy towards others.
i know i know but still.. the only reply we ever received was - they sent back our exprired pcc's on April 6 with underlined dates, no other notes, no file number, nothing.. we did new ones, sent it fast, they recieved it on May 17 and from then - silence... :(