+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

tarfas2009

Dec 17, 2020
A liar degree??
[
If it's not liberal govt. these processing would've been taken 2-3 years instead of 1 year. And the lawyer degree is important, the minister himself will not do coding. He job is governing and policy making.
I know you are upset but point you anger to the right direction.
You are right, I honestly do not care about Liberal or what so ever, I just want to re-unite with my family, and it's taking forever !! It's just more than upsetting, I really want the people who are making these decision to experience half of what we experience here. Can they stay away from their family and beloved once for 6 months ? It's not easy and the processing time should way faster, especially during a pandemic where you need your loved once beside you. I hope all the best for everyone ! I can not wait anymore !!! The Government have advised us not to travel, and they have not helped us to achieve these guidelines, it's makes me sick.

stephanie kavasoglu

Dec 28, 2020
In the same boat. File received on Nov 12. I called them last month and they said the file is still in a queue to be picked up by the officer. I called them again this week and they said officer has started assessing the file. Not sure how much time AOR1 will take.
Same here file received on Nov 10, i called 3 weeks ago it s in process they said but still waiting for AOR

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What is AOR 1 and 2?
Handy guideline to acronyms (I didn't make this though)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qp2u3X_F10-peLhSZnPwBNAZivuICTZIA2eyB-tOerE/edit#gid=0

AOR1 is first acknowledgement from IRCC when received and file checked - basically confirmation that it has no critical errors and has not been returned.

AOR2 - acknowledgement from IRCC visa office (abroad or in Canada) that they have started processing it. This is not when physically received, can be quite a bit later (doesn't mean lost in post). Not all visa offices send these.

GodBlessUsAll

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
file recieved: nov 23
AOR: Feb 01
bio request: feb 15
Medical request: Feb 17
Sponser apporoval: Mar 02
Pre arrival : march 19
Is it possible to recieve sponsor approval first because I recieved an email back in January stating I have met requirements for eligibility of sponsor or is that different from what you get after medical and biometric.
Just an information that my spouse already passed medical and biometric.

Last edited:

GodBlessUsAll

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some of my friends told me that during pre covid period they got request to their passport within 2 weeks to 3 month after medical and biometric. Is that still the case?

kansingh

Mar 24, 2021
Hi everyone

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and my wife is here in Canada on PGWP. Our status has been changed in december 2020 from single to married. I am waiting for PCC to file her PR under the spousal PR program and her work visa is expiring in April 15. So can I apply for an extension of her work permit under the new 18-month extension program (Covid 19). All of your feedbacks are highly appreciated.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Is it possible to recieve sponsor approval first because I recieved an email back in January stating I have met requirements for eligibility of sponsor or is that different from what you get after medical and biometric.
Just an information that my spouse already passed medical and biometric.
i dont understand your question,

kruppp

Jan 11, 2020
Hi all,

I received a letter via email telling me to pay for my biometrics and send the receipt via webform and I did so (this was 3 weeks ago). Since then, I have not received any email regarding where I should be going to get my biometrics done, or any other next steps. I already finished my medical exam and have passed, so I'm not sure what the next steps are. When does everyone usually get a follow-up letter after paying for their biometrics?

Thanks!