+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
I just received Police certificate request and biometric request. UReginahopeful, it seems like they are processing our applications together. The last time you got AOR, I got it at the same time too!

• Haha
Reactions: UReginahopeful

pdp11

Dec 1, 2020
Bangkok, Thailand
Much to my surprise, received an email with sponsor approval on Feb. 16. (AOR1 was Feb. 14). We also received biometrics request and a police certificate request (not required when application was submitted). We have not received a medical request yet.

In the SA letter was the sentence "The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to the visa office in Singapore for further processing". Does this mean the "date moved to visa office" in the spreadsheet is the same as the SA date? I thought the first notice I would get post SA is AOR2 which - in my case - comes from Singapore. But the spreadsheet seems to mention an explicit "moved to visa office" date.

Also, any opinion on whether Singapore is a good place to end up for processing. We live in Thailand.

Thanks!

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
I just received Police certificate request and biometric request. UReginahopeful, it seems like they are processing our applications together. The last time you got AOR, I got it at the same time too!
And they received our application same day as well. It's probably the same officer working on our files :)

Reactions: jkjy

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Much to my surprise, received an email with sponsor approval on Feb. 16. (AOR1 was Feb. 14). We also received biometrics request and a police certificate request (not required when application was submitted). We have not received a medical request yet.

In the SA letter was the sentence "The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to the visa office in Singapore for further processing". Does this mean the "date moved to visa office" in the spreadsheet is the same as the SA date? I thought the first notice I would get post SA is AOR2 which - in my case - comes from Singapore. But the spreadsheet seems to mention an explicit "moved to visa office" date.

Also, any opinion on whether Singapore is a good place to end up for processing. We live in Thailand.

Thanks!
I do not have specific answer to your question, I just want to say congratulations on your requests. I would think that the date moved to visa office should be the date on the letter you just received but I could be wrong.

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Mine was delivered on 4 Nov 2020 outland till date nothing.
I have a feeling that applications from beginning to middle of November are sitting on the same pile as October applicants as it seems no one that submitted before Nov 16 has received AOR. I hope things start moving for you guys very soon.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Applications that wait a long time are like fine wine. They actually get better and are very valuable. The longer the wait the better when finished. Just think of how excited you will be after waiting 2-3 years.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Applications that wait a long time are like fine wine. They actually get better and are very valuable. The longer the wait the better when finished. Just think of how excited you will be after waiting 2-3 years.
Definitely still valuable but it might be starting to taste like vinegar after that long. ;)

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Just got my SA email. Application forwarded to London VO. I heard this VO is the worst. RIP! :mad:
Thank God my spouse's TRV was approved a couple weeks ago, at least I get to see him while waiting for London to do their thing.

Last edited: