+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is it related to where you are living or nationality?
Generally was the case before - either processed in Canada or whatever region/visa office is covering country of origin of applicant. (Some exceptions etc)

But under covid, they are moving things around in ways that may seem odd - like using chinese offices that are less busy to speed things up.

Why don't you let us know what has happened to yours and why you're worried?

hooman94

Nov 18, 2020
Generally was the case before - either processed in Canada or whatever region/visa office is covering country of origin of applicant. (Some exceptions etc)

But under covid, they are moving things around in ways that may seem odd - like using chinese offices that are less busy to speed things up.

Why don't you let us know what has happened to yours and why you're worried?
Actually I am from Iran buy I am living in Italy currently and I want to do my biometric in Rome. On my SA letter, Ankara Visa Office is written for doing further process, but I want to know why they didn't dedicate Rome Visa Office to me which is closer to me and also less busier than Ankara.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Actually I am from Iran buy I am living in Italy currently and I want to do my biometric in Rome. On my SA letter, Ankara Visa Office is written for doing further process, but I want to know why they didn't dedicate Rome Visa Office to me which is closer to me and also less busier than Ankara.
You can do your biometrics and medicals anywhere, that's not an issue at all. Same with passport submission, you will have options of where to submit.

In this case, they will go by nationality. And as far as I'm aware Rome does not handle family applications at all anyway.

Reactions: hooman94

hooman94

Nov 18, 2020
You can do your biometrics and medicals anywhere, that's not an issue at all. Same with passport submission, you will have options of where to submit.

In this case, they will go by nationality. And as far as I'm aware Rome does not handle family applications at all anyway.
Thank you very much for your kind help.

Reactions: armoured

GodBlessUsAll

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am trying to connect my application online at PA's profile but every time I add it shows " Based on the information you entered we found no application" what should I do? Do I need to have AIR1 and AOR2 both to do this? How long usually it takes?

Last edited:

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Yes, it took me numerous times. Was almost ready to give up. Just keep trying different times and hopefully it works.

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
I am trying to connect my application online at PA's profile but every time I add it shows " Based on the information you entered we found no application" what should I do? Do I need to have AIR1 and AOR2 both to do this? How long usually it takes?
I used the UCI number and didn’t work too. I changed to application number instead and the system could locate my file.

Reactions: dw33

GodBlessUsAll

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I gave wrong email id for my wife(PA) . How can I get it fixed? Can I (sponsor) call CIC and get it fixed or she needs to call them ?

silent ocean

Feb 7, 2021
I had same issue than i put '2' as number of member in the application, and it worked. (sponser & principal applicant)

Octy008

Feb 3, 2021
You dont need AOR2 for linking.
Try using Application number and Family name.
UCI number mentioned in the email to sponsor’s email ID will not work as it’s the UCI number of sponsor and not of PA.
And also enter ‘2’ for number of members in application.

Octy008

Feb 3, 2021
I gave wrong email id for my wife(PA) . How can I get it fixed? Can I (sponsor) call CIC and get it fixed or she needs to call them ?
It’s strange but No, Sponsor cannot - only PA can get their info checked/ corrected.
I tried to confirm what my wife’s(PA) email ID was on the file by calling IRCC, but they said they cannot give that info unless we send them representative form.

Octy008

Feb 3, 2021
I used the UCI number and didn’t work too. I changed to application number instead and the system could locate my file.
UCI number in the AOR email sent to Sponsor would be sponsor’s UCI and not PA’s. We can only use Application number and family name from the drop down when linking the application.