+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

frange

May 25, 2018
I thinks it’s because of the process change. Now they are are only going to return scanned copy of the package incase of any missing information instead of sending the hard copy. It’s updated in the procedure steps on IRCC website.
Could you give more information about the procedure steps (blue color above) or put the link ?

Octy008

Feb 3, 2021
I think that also mean that people can have the ability to correct mistakes or send missing forms while keeping thier place in queue and not start the whole thing again for a missing field.
Looks like they will finally start acting like humans!
Really Hope that’s the process now. Would be so much better.

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Thanks for the link. I’m looking at it and it says:

Important: if you don’t include all the requested forms and documents listed on the checklist, we will return your application without processing it. If you’re unable to submit an item on the document checklist, you must include a detailed explanation of why you can’t submit this document so that your application is not returned as incomplete.
Due to mailing delays caused by COVID-19, we’ll now return incomplete applications by email if we’ve made a digital copy. Otherwise, we’ll mail it back to you.”

See the highlighted words. It doesn’t seem like they are giving a 100% promise they wouldn’t return our incomplete application by mail. They will only return by email IF they have made a digital copy if not they can still return the application by mail. :/

Sahoby

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
I'm December 4th applicant, I just got my Temporary file number yesterday.
By them creating a temporary file number, does that mean that they scanned my documents?
Also for November applicants who got AOR, after how long from receiving the temp number you got the AOR?
Thanks for the help!

Cinderella_2020

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hello guys,
My application received on Nov 16th, and I got my AOR and Medical test request on Feb 4th and Biometric Request on Feb 3rd.
As I understood from the biometric and medical test request, we have to do them by 90 days but it is said you have 30 days after getting these requests on cic website. I would like to ask which one is correct? 30 days or 90 days?
Wow Lucky you which country are you applying from ?

hooman94

Nov 18, 2020
The standard is/was 30 days. During covid they have relaxed these because many biometric/medical places were closed.

In short, you should try to do them as soon as convenient; if you cannot do them for some reason like impossible to travel or all offices closed, you will be given time to do them. If you can't do them within 90 days, you should at least let IRCC know of the delay and the reason for it.

But better for you if you get it done sooner.
Yes I will do it as soon as possible, thanks.

hooman94

Nov 18, 2020
Does anyone know that it is possible to change the visa office which is written on SA for processing the application?