4-09-2019
Passport Req..
06-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2020
LANDED..........
04-09-2020
Wow Congratulations.
I called them ,they gave me the temp. Number and said that work in my file has been started on 8th January. Did anything like this happened with u too??.
Wonder how long they take after this.
He said to call in March and see .
I too received temporary file number 3 weeks back. I wish to receive AOR sooner

Reactions: Surbhi Sandhir

cad13

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 March/2014
AOR Received.
14 April/2014
Med's Request
08 October/2014
Med's Done....
15 October/2014(RPRF Requested on Nov 06 and Paid Nov 07)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09 January/2015
VISA ISSUED...
14 January/2015
LANDED..........
23 January/2015

Radhachura

Feb 1, 2021
My application was received on 20 Nov, the same day as UReginahopeful :) Such a huge relief. I noticed some typos in my application and was worried it would be returned.
My application was received on 20 Nov, the same day as UReginahopeful :) Such a huge relief. I noticed some typos in my application and was worried it would be returned.
when did u get ur first mail?

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hi Fellow November applicants,

I just got my temporary file number from CIC. It started with XF. I missed a call from CIC number on Saturday morning and was trying to know who called me and why. So I called to find out who did and got the file number in the process.
Can you provide the number they called you from? I want to save it in my phone. I generally do not answer most calls because I get spam calls at least 10 times a day minimum. I do not want to miss an important call from CIC if it comes.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi,

I know this post does not really belong here but we need an urgent response.

My wife and I got our chats translated from a certified translator in India. The translator is going to provide a certificate and stamp proving that they are certified translators.
According to the guide, we also need to submit copies of the original screenshot along with the translated documents.

My question is - do we need to certify the original screenshots too?

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
It really amazes me how I waited roughly 5.5 months for AOR and magically November apps are getting it in 2.5 to three months. Furthermore how some April apps have not received it. The virus is apparently worse now than it was June, July, August. Wow is all I can say.
Keep in mind that it took 5.5 months because everyone in the world was freaking out over COVID. Since then, people have calmed down and are either not taking as much precautions or have found ways to work around the pandemic. I think many of the AORs that we are seeing are due to them just scanning in the files and not the fact that they are necessarily at the point of processing them. If you look at the inland part of the spreadsheet, they pretty much caught up to date on inland applicants for AORs, but many of them took a long time to move on to the next steps. I also saw a surge in dates around the end of September where tons of them got AORs in just a few days. I assume that they started scanning them in and, therefore, gave an application number to them and sent the emails. Plus, they seem to have split up the case loads to multiple locations. Many have reported that they sent their apps to Ottawa. As far as I can see, the theory is that they changed some "decision makers" over from some other category to spousal and have been sending that office many of the applications. I am sure they are just grabbing stacks of files randomly and then scanning them in for remote workers, which is inline with their news release. Additionally, keep in mind that many people do not go back to update their lines on the spreadsheet. I have looked at ones that are years old and many of the lines are not filled in.

We are all waiting and are separated from our spouses or not where we want to be. It is tough. I personally was going to submit in March or April, but COVID stopped me and my waiting just added more time. But remember: What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger and the good lord never puts more in your path than you can handle. You will get through all this. We all will.

Reactions: DiiDii and jkjy

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Can you provide the number they called you from? I want to save it in my phone. I generally do not answer most calls because I get spam calls at least 10 times a day minimum. I do not want to miss an important call from CIC if it comes.