+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

pdp11

Dec 1, 2020
Bangkok, Thailand
Just received a request for information and pre-arrival letter on the same day. Early this morning (Asia time), the visa office (Singapore) requested further evidence that the sponsor of the application (that's me) intends to live in Canada. My Thai wife (the applicant) and I currently reside in Bangkok. Fortunately, I (the sponsor) did my "official" return to Canada in June, purchased a home and car, opened a bank account, etc. So, the evidence was easy to provide - including a stamped BSF186 by CBSA showing my return after many years abroad. I sent the info via email to the Singapore office. The same afternoon, an email arrived with the pre-arrival letter for my wife. Hopefully a good sign.

Question for all on the passport request. Where does the passport get sent? The "in country" visa office, the "processing" visa office, or Canada? Reason I ask is VFS Bangkok, which processes Canada visa applications in Thailand (and pretty much every other western country), has just announced a complete closure until further notice due the latest COVID lockdown. This is expected to be an extended closure. I'm hoping that at the next step (PPR ... fingers crossed) that I can send my wife's passport to either Singapore or Canada for processing.

Reactions: valvlad

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Just received a request for information and pre-arrival letter on the same day. Early this morning (Asia time), the visa office (Singapore) requested further evidence that the sponsor of the application (that's me) intends to live in Canada. My Thai wife (the applicant) and I currently reside in Bangkok. Fortunately, I (the sponsor) did my "official" return to Canada in June, purchased a home and car, opened a bank account, etc. So, the evidence was easy to provide - including a stamped BSF186 by CBSA showing my return after many years abroad. I sent the info via email to the Singapore office. The same afternoon, an email arrived with the pre-arrival letter for my wife. Hopefully a good sign.

Question for all on the passport request. Where does the passport get sent? The "in country" visa office, the "processing" visa office, or Canada? Reason I ask is VFS Bangkok, which processes Canada visa applications in Thailand (and pretty much every other western country), has just announced a complete closure until further notice due the latest COVID lockdown. This is expected to be an extended closure. I'm hoping that at the next step (PPR ... fingers crossed) that I can send my wife's passport to either Singapore or Canada for processing.
Nice!! Congrats! They're working pretty fast now :)

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

Generally the country the PA is residing or in Canada if your spouse is here.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The passport can be sent (technically) to any visa office, through any vfs office. But the default would usually be the visa office in the country where the PA resides or closest one that has the right facilities.

But yes, the VFS closure can be an issue. I'd wait and see what happens for now. It mostly won't be practical to eg attempt to submit through some other regional one if you're not residing there.

Does your spouse have a TRV? Being in canada might be easier.

Mr.Muffin2021

Jul 27, 2021
New here. Outland Spousal Visa from USA
Iv been waiting for an update on my wife application for quite some time now. My last update was in April. There are 3 more months left and it will be a full year since they received the package. I am not sure if I was sapota receive a message that her medical examination results was received or I'm missing a letter in the mail? I'm quite worried it might take a long time to go back to Canada. I also can't link our application online for some reason. just says not found.

I just send a message on the “IRCC Web Form" in regards to a status update.

I hope to hear back from them with some good news.

Spousal Sponsorship (US citizen sponsored by Canadian citizen husband)
Outland
Received in Sydney Canada October 29th 2020
Medical request April 20th 2021
Medical results have been received. ???