+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon just received my CBSA notes.

I went through the entire notes, and found out that its identical to GCMS notes. Can you please guide which page or section should i look into specifically which will help me understand the extra information which is supposed to provided in CBSA notes.

The security status which was "Not Started" in the month of August when i first GCSM notes, is the same right now in CBSA notes.

FSW - O
AOR - 10/11/2019
Eligibility : Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed - Expired
Infor Sharing: Complete
Final : Blank
My status is exactly the same as yours. Security has been stuck at not started for months!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon just received my CBSA notes.

I went through the entire notes, and found out that its identical to GCMS notes. Can you please guide which page or section should i look into specifically which will help me understand the extra information which is supposed to provided in CBSA notes.

The security status which was "Not Started" in the month of August when i first GCSM notes, is the same right now in CBSA notes.

FSW - O
AOR - 10/11/2019
Eligibility : Passed
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed - Expired
Infor Sharing: Complete
Final : Blank
The three simple steps to read your GCMS notes:

1. Verify that they are your notes by checking your application number, your name and date of birth on page 1.

2. See page 2 for the assessments. This is the overview of your application stages. To read on stages, see https://bit.ly/35xhKw6

3. Then flip to the last 3-5 pages, this is where the notes entered by the immigration officers are and will provide you with the details.

Once done, you will have a clear grip of your application and then you can read in details about the assessments and calculations and the incoming and outgoing documents which will be in the middle of your notes.

If you see no different between the notes your requested before and now, then there has been no processing that has taken place.

Also, for security see https://bit.ly/3k9PpBs

Security only starts after it has been initiated by IRCC and sent to National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners.

Also, based on whether your re inland and outland applicant, you may have only record check or comprehensive screening.

A.ZEN

Feb 20, 2021
Thanks for the guidance @legalfalcon , but what i wanted to understand was, which part of the CBSA notes should i look into which tells me more than what a GCMS notes would have in terms of security. They both have the exact same content, what i was expecting was an extra information regarding my security from the CBSA notes which i couldn't find.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for the guidance @legalfalcon , but what i wanted to understand was, which part of the CBSA notes should i look into which tells me more than what a GCMS notes would have in terms of security. They both have the exact same content, what i was expecting was an extra information regarding my security from the CBSA notes which i couldn't find.
IRCC and CBSA both do not disclose certain information that could be injurious to Canada’s security or economy, federal-provincial relations and international affairs

In some cases IRCC will withhold certain types of information but CBSA will disclose the exact same information. Example; Security screening details are always redacted in files from IRCC. However, in most files from CBSA security screening details are not redacted

Due to inconsistencies in how IRCC and CBSA release the exact same information, it can beneficial in certain situations to request your file from both IRCC and CBSA. This will provide the maximum possible information about your file See more at https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

Since your security has not even started there wasn't much point in ordering CBSA Notes, instead you could have just ordered the GCMS Notes from CBSA at the same cost as a GCMS notes if you used a 3rd party

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Both CBSA and IRCC work on the Global Case Management System (GCMS). They are exactly the same.

However, before any information can be released, each agency will redact some information as per the Access to Information Act pursuant which is exempt from disclosure.

These exemption are:

Given that each federal agency will release the information under its control differently, and used different exemptions, however, most of the information will be same and in most cases, even the disclosures will be same.

One of the areas that differs between IRCC and CBSA is security. Since security is initiated after a request is sent by IRCC to the National Security Screening Division (NSSD). The NSSD is located within the Intelligence and Enforcement Branch at CBSA HQ and is responsible for screening temporary and permanent resident applicants as well as refugee claimants for involvement in organized crime, crimes against humanity, genocide, terrorism, espionage and subversion.

Given that this information is purely in control of CBSA, they may disclose it in some cases. For this, see page 2 if your security is redacted or exempt from disclosure, usually will show security as blank.

Then you can see further under activities for security.

Apart from this, the notes will pretty much be the same for most applicants.

And you do not need to order CBSA and IRCC notes and compare them. You need either CBSA or IRCC, and you will have the information you need.

A.ZEN

Feb 20, 2021
Both CBSA and IRCC work on the Global Case Management System (GCMS). They are exactly the same.

However, before any information can be released, each agency will redact some information as per the Access to Information Act pursuant which is exempt from disclosure.

These exemption are:

Given that each federal agency will release the information under its control differently, and used different exemptions, however, most of the information will be same and in most cases, even the disclosures will be same.

One of the areas that differs between IRCC and CBSA is security. Since security is initiated after a request is sent by IRCC to the National Security Screening Division (NSSD). The NSSD is located within the Intelligence and Enforcement Branch at CBSA HQ and is responsible for screening temporary and permanent resident applicants as well as refugee claimants for involvement in organized crime, crimes against humanity, genocide, terrorism, espionage and subversion.

Given that this information is purely in control of CBSA, they may disclose it in some cases. For this, see page 2 if your security is redacted or exempt from disclosure, usually will show security as blank.

Then you can see further under activities for security.

Apart from this, the notes will pretty much be the same for most applicants.

And you do not need to order CBSA and IRCC notes and compare them. You need either CBSA or IRCC, and you will have the information you need.
Thank you so much @legalfalcon .....

Reactions: legalfalcon

A.ZEN

Feb 20, 2021
I think things will start moving after 30th April when they start receiving good number of vaccines....and files should get cleared by end of September when 100% of the population is vaccinated...as per the vaccination plan they have drawn...so lets be hopeful....its just my opinion based on what i read from the tweets of the Procurement Minister and Prime Minister...
Let us use these few more months of wait time in planning how to find job, accommodation, manage expenses, convert & carry funds from local currency to foreign currency etc....
Life after landing in Canada will have different challenging so lets prepare....

Reactions: Dee1729

Vipin123

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
I am also Nov 2019 AOR PNP outland. My meds expired but not auto-extended. Got request for re-meds. not sure what is the criteria for re-meds or extending automatically!
I knew about my medicals when I called IRCC. Nothing is updated on my profile. I haven't received any mails for re-medicals too, and my meds expired in Nov 2020.

Reactions: ThePatientApplicant

@Jack@

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
To legalfalcon,
I am approved PR (express entry, FSW, outland, India) and got COPR on 29th Dec, 2020 and not allowed to enter Canada b'coz of travel restrictions. I have checked on IRCC website that those who got COPR after 18 March, 2020 are not allowed to enter Canada.

My question is if I get job offer letter from Canadian employer, can I get entry to Canada to do that work and become PR? As I have not yet landed in Canada because of travel restrictions and I am still approved PR, Can I get Job offer letter and if I get, Can I get entry to Canada?

Second question is as my visa will expire on 30th April, 2021, What to do extend my visa?

Please answer me about these questions

Thanks in advance..

Moose2020

Jul 17, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

I have a pending PR application (AOR Nov 2019, FSW US) and was asked for remedical earlier this month (passed and updated in GCKey).
I am a fluent French speaker. My question is: can I apply for a work permit under “Francophone Mobility” (provided I receive a job offer from an employer outside of Quebec) while I have a pending PR application?

I am thinking about it because I understand this program doesn’t require any LMIA from an employer and I would thus be able to travel to Canada while waiting for my PR to be approved.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dee1729

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Saw someone on another forum got PPR recently, AOR 2020 July, Ottawa office, FSW-O applicant in the US.
Feeling like they halted the pr processing for 2019 applications deliberately. My curses are with those morons who are doing this to us. Nov 2019 waiting like anything. I can understand the pain of applicants who applied before that! Cec draws, news for spousal application, even people who are dating are allowed to travel. Wtf!!
Here people have sold everything, left their job to get settled in Canada with hope of a bright future in their eyes. Forget bright future, there seems to be no future at all. Every morning i look up my profile. Every morning i wake up googling some updates on ee applications on cic website. I hope lazy people and the one who are making us suffer, will suffer too!!

Reactions: chaozcho

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I have a pending PR application (AOR Nov 2019, FSW US) and was asked for remedical earlier this month (passed and updated in GCKey).
I am a fluent French speaker. My question is: can I apply for a work permit under “Francophone Mobility” (provided I receive a job offer from an employer outside of Quebec) while I have a pending PR application?

I am thinking about it because I understand this program doesn’t require any LMIA from an employer and I would thus be able to travel to Canada while waiting for my PR to be approved.

Thanks for your feedback.
Yes, you can apply for any temporary visa while your PR application is in progress. Each application, i.e. PR and TRV will be processed on their own merits.

subsection 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states:

Dual intent

(2) An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html