Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon . I applied for gcms notes twice, once in october 2020 and then in november 2020. Successfully paid the fee and got the confirmation that my request has been submitted but still I did not receive gcms notes or any e mail regarding extension. Where should I contact; any email or contact no. Called ircc but they said ircc is not responsible for this. Kindly contact concerned department. I am fsw outland-india. aor nov 2019..
It is IRCC's ATIP division that deals with the processing of the GCMS notes. If you have not heard back from IRCC, and you requested your own notes, you should contact IRCC at ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca

Also, you can submit a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner

Currently IRCC has been dealing with huge backlogs and there has been in increase in the number of GCMS notes requests filed with IRCC. To read the details, see https://bit.ly/3cPGT8N

In 2019-2020 49% of the requests were not released within the statutory time frame and there were over 4k complaints received against IRCC:

Last edited:

saishasank

Dec 29, 2018
Hello all, my BOWP is expiring in a month, called IRCC they said to apply for extension. Anyone on the same boat applied for BOWP extension?
I'm inland applicant, spouse outland.

Here is my timeline-
NBPNP nomination: Oct 2019
AOR: Nov 2019
VO: CIO Sydney

1st GCMS - Aug 2020
Assessments
Eligibility: passed
Criminality: passed
Medical: passed
Info sharing: system error

2nd GCMS - Nov 2020
Everything is same, just meds extended
Hi i applied for extension as well.

Reactions: rookie royal

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hey @legalfalcon . I applied for gcms notes twice, once in october 2020 and then in november 2020. Successfully paid the fee and got the confirmation that my request has been submitted but still I did not receive gcms notes or any e mail regarding extension. Where should I contact; any email or contact no. Called ircc but they said ircc is not responsible for this. Kindly contact concerned department. I am fsw outland-india. aor nov 2019..
You might be better off requesting the Gcms Notes from CBSA instead of IRCC. Why? https://bit.ly/34nuJPu
It's the same information, process and cost. The only thing different are the consent forms involved; see the differences https://consent.gcmsnotes.com/

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hello
I have a question. I am a primary inland applicant with an overseas dependent spouse. Last week we received ppr for spouse but with clause in the document that my spouse can only submit passport after I have been confirmed permanent resident. My question is , I haven’t gotten COPR neither have I been contacted for landing.

Please anyone with similar experiences?How was it resolved ?did you later receive COPR and did they do landing for you? How long did it take for you to receive COPR after your spouse ppr. Did your spouse submit passport before you got COPr?

pls your detailed response will be so useful because I am so confused and IRCc is giving generic answers.

My VO is Etobicoke

Jun 21, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

I had requested for GCMS notes twice - once in August 2020 and the other now in January 2021. When I compared the Status, there is no change in the status. Its just as below:

ASSESSMENTS:
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In Progress
Final: Approved

When I checked the Info Sharing section, I see that there is one more entry (With the same Status, but new dates) under my Spouse's name:

(latest entry)
INFO SHARING: 1
Created Date: 2021/01/08 05:36:02
Updated Date: 2021/01/08 05:36:02
Type: Biographic - Correction
Partner: USA
Status Updated Date: 2021/01/08
Due Date: 2021/02/07
Correction Date: 2021/01/08

INFO SHARING: 2 (This was the last entry in Info Sharing in my GCMS which I received in Aug 2020)
Created Date: 2020/05/08 05:29:35
Updated Date: 2020/05/08 05:29:36
Status Updated Date: 2020/05/08
Due Date: 2020/06/07
Correction Date: 2020/05/08

I understand that its something related to file details sharing between countries, right ? Ideally how long it should have taken for this process to be completed ?

I haven't received any additional document request as well from them. The "Assigned To" officer is the same for both the entries. Looks like the officer is not updating anything for this. Is this a concern ? Can I do something about it ?

Need your assistance to make sense of this.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Vikas

Jun 21, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

I had requested for GCMS notes twice - once in August 2020 and the other now in January 2021. When I compared the Status, there is no change in the status. Its just as below:

ASSESSMENTS:
Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:

When I checked the Info Sharing section, I see that there is one more entry (With the same Status, but new dates) under my Spouse's name:

(latest entry)

INFO SHARING: 2 (This was the last entry in Info Sharing in my GCMS which I received in Aug 2020)

I understand that its something related to file details sharing between countries, right ? Ideally how long it should have taken for this process to be completed ?

I haven't received any additional document request as well from them. The "Assigned To" officer is the same for both the entries. Looks like the officer is not updating anything for this. Is this a concern ? Can I do something about it ?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Vikas
also FYI, under the ORGANIZATIONS & ENTITIES, the latest details were as below in both the GCMS:

Created Date: 2020/04/14 15:00:32
Updated Date: 2020/04/16 08:25:18
Name: CN COVID PACE
Type: Organization
Other Sub Type Descrip: Pending Findec
Effective Date: 2020/04/30

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

ASSESSMENTS:
Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:

(latest entry)

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Vikas
The info sharing is sharing information with partner countries. It is a fairly quick process. To read the details on info sharing see

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in01-eng.pdf

However, when to comes to the US, Canada also shares the biometrics information. This can take some time.

It seem like that there has not been any progress between your previous notes and the current one.

Jun 21, 2020
The info sharing is sharing information with partner countries. It is a fairly quick process. To read the details on info sharing see

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in01-eng.pdf

However, when to comes to the US, Canada also shares the biometrics information. This can take some time.

It seem like that there has not been any progress between your previous notes and the current one.
Thank you @legalfalcon for the info! Is there anything we can do about it or is it just wait and watch until we get an update from them ?

Reactions: legalfalcon

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon

ASSESSMENTS:
Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:

(latest entry)

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Vikas

More about info sharing https://bit.ly/2VND36G

pIVOTAL

Feb 12, 2021
i've just signed up to write this. I want some rational reasons for what happened to me yesterday. My AOR is Nov, 2019 under FST, and my coworker's is Mar, 2020 under BCPNP (paper based, NOC C category). While my file has never been touched since Jan 2020 - IRCC may say this is due to COVID-19 - , his decesion was made yesterday. I really don't understand how this can happen. I can't beleive this is the country of immigrants with such a poor system. So far, I've been patiently waiting for my turn but, I am not sure if I can stand this any longer. Please let me know what I can do to appeal for expedition other than calling and webform. Thank you.

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
i've just signed up to write this. I want some rational reasons for what happened to me yesterday. My AOR is Nov, 2019 under FST, and my coworker's is Mar, 2020 under BCPNP (paper based, NOC C category). While my file has never been touched since Jan 2020 - IRCC may say this is due to COVID-19 - , his decesion was made yesterday. I really don't understand how this can happen. I can't beleive this is the country of immigrants with such a poor system. So far, I've been patiently waiting for my turn but, I am not sure if I can stand this any longer. Please let me know what I can do to appeal for expedition other than calling and webform. Thank you.
immigration writ, which anyone can do who is waiting for more than a year!

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
There is no logical explanation as for why this is happening. Agents will tell you that every application is different, that they are working at limited capacity etc, but in my opinion is simply lack of clarity and organization.

Unfortunately, there is not much that you (or any of us) can do, except from the "mandamus". Depending on your situation, you may in essence be able to "sue" IRCC and force them to make a decision. I do not have any experience or expertise on the subject, but from my understanding this is the last resource for extreme and uncommon situation (several years and with family separation, e.g.).

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
@pIVOTAL i can empathize with your situation and completely understand. I am from NoV2019 AOR as well. Not only March 2020, even June 2020 cases have been processed. Seems no logic No or rational literally. There is nothing like turns as It’s all happening randomly. I understand reason given that priority cases are being considered and I don’t know how and who decides priority. Not sure if anything can be done?

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
@pIVOTAL i can empathize with your situation and completely understand. I am from NoV2019 AOR as well. Not only March 2020, even June 2020 cases have been processed. Seems no logic No or rational literally. There is nothing like turns as It’s all happening randomly. I understand reason given that priority cases are being considered and I don’t know how and who decides priority. Not sure if anything can be done?
same here. AOR November 2019 fst inland. No movement on file since February 2020.
Even people in my known have already got ppr who just applied in February/ March 2020
It is really very frustrating. It seems life is just stuck

DEEMAH

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
waiting
NOC Code......
6322 EOI FILED : 07/03/2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
waiting
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
waiting
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Dreaming
same here. AOR November 2019 fst inland. No movement on file since February 2020.
Even people in my known have already got ppr who just applied in February/ March 2020
It is really very frustrating. It seems life is just stuck
In my experience those who applied through FST , always been approved in delay. I don't why we least cared .