+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Daljeet1

Aug 2, 2019
Understanding Permanent Resident status and obligations as PNP

When your PR application is approved, a COPR issued, and a visa stamped in your passport, you are all ready to become a Canadian Permanent Resident. You will become a Permanent Resident as soon as you land in Canada and complete the formalities of getting the COPR stamped, your data entered in the system, and the CSBA officer allowing you to enter Canada as a PR.

Upon becoming a PR, you get all rights under the Canadian Constitution that as a Canadian Citizen has, except the right to vote and run for office. As a PR you may not be eligible for high level security clearance to work for jobs in intelligence, but apart from that, you can work for the government.

One of the many rights a PR would get is called the “Mobility Right.” Section 6 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, which is the same as the fundamental rights or bill of rights in other countries states:

6. (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.
(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.
(3) The rights specified in subsection (2) are subject to
a) any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of province of present or previous residence; and
b) any laws providing for reasonable residency requirements as a qualification for the receipt of publicly provided social services.
(4) Subsections (2) and (3) do not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration in a province of conditions of individuals in that province who are socially or economically disadvantaged if the rate of employment in that province is below the rate of employment in Canada.

If you carefully read Section 6(2), you will understand that as a PR, you have the right to move and settle in any part of Canada, including Quebec. Even if you mentioned in your application that you want to settle in Ontario and then changed your mind to settle in Montreal, you can do that as a FSW.

This is your fundamental right, which is guaranteed by the Canadian Constitution. As a PR, you don’t have to inform any authority on your intent to move, including the Province you are moving out of, or the Province you are moving to.

To read more on PNP obligations see the thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/understanding-pnp-its-obligation-to-live-in-province-and-pr-status.502209/
Hi. I have a question. I wrote my ielts on Nov 2 2017 and submitted my ITA on Nov 1st and got the aor the same day and its clearly written that IRCC has recieved your application on 1st nov. Now my question is will it impact my app as my ielts has expired the next day?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi. I have a question. I wrote my ielts on Nov 2 2017 and submitted my ITA on Nov 1st and got the aor the same day and its clearly written that IRCC has recieved your application on 1st nov. Now my question is will it impact my app as my ielts has expired the next day?
The IELTS score has to be valid on the day the application is filed. So tased on your info, your re fine.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Daljeet1

Aug 2, 2019
The IELTS score has to be valid on the day the application is filed. So tased on your info, your re fine.
Thanks for the info! I have another confusion, on my aor there are 2 diff datea. On the top left corner it says 2 nov, 2019 but in the first line of the letter it says we recieved your file on nov 1, 2019. So what is that?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the info! I have another confusion, on my aor there are 2 diff datea. On the top left corner it says 2 nov, 2019 but in the first line of the letter it says we recieved your file on nov 1, 2019. So what is that?
It will be the date when IRCC received your application, i.e. November 1, 2019.

Oct 26, 2019
Thanks legalfalcon!
Appreciate your tireless efforts in providing factual information backed by sources.

I submitted my application on the 1st of Nov and immediately received the AoR dated 2nd Nov, oddly enough.
My BGC status immediately changed to we are processing your background check, whatever that means so early on.

Fingers crossed. I'm applying from a country that requires an official letter from IRCC to issue police clearance and so once that's done, I'll feel more at ease.

I have a couple questions :
1. How long after you submit your application do they look into your file. Hours/Days/Weeks? What are the immediate steps post submission?
2.I'm a public heathcare worker in my country,
How does working for the Ministry of health impact the application process?

I know there's no real way to be sure as I'm assuming the ircc isn't transparent about their actual procedures but it would definitely help to know what to expect. Thanks :)
It will be the date when IRCC received your application, i.e. November 1, 2019.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks legalfalcon!
Appreciate your tireless efforts in providing factual information backed by sources.

I submitted my application on the 1st of Nov and immediately received the AoR dated 2nd Nov, oddly enough.
My BGC status immediately changed to we are processing your background check, whatever that means so early on.

Fingers crossed. I'm applying from a country that requires an official letter from IRCC to issue police clearance and so once that's done, I'll feel more at ease.

I have a couple questions :
1. How long after you submit your application do they look into your file. Hours/Days/Weeks? What are the immediate steps post submission?
2.I'm a public heathcare worker in my country,
How does working for the Ministry of health impact the application process?

I know there's no real way to be sure as I'm assuming the ircc isn't transparent about their actual procedures but it would definitely help to know what to expect. Thanks :)
Al application goes through the following stages:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility; and
Security

To read on each see: https://bit.ly/2pB130l

2. It has no impact. Only in cases where an applicant has worked for the military, intelligence etc. the security screening will be a stricter than for there applicants. To read more, see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

scophy143

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Victoria
Hello,
I have a question - please spare some time to help me out. Currently I am in Canada.

My Closed work permit will expire on Nov 10th 2019 - and extension of closed work permit was submitted on Nov 1st by my company.

As i got PR AOR on Nov 2nd - which made me eligible for applying Bridging open work permit and I have applied for the same on Nov 4th.

Will there be any issues as my Closed and BOWP are submitted almost at same time?