+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 - Citizenship Applications

jamdon24

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
So....I’ve been approved (decision made) & waiting for an oath ceremony invite since August. What are the steps to follow when they pass the 12 month mark?

Thank you

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Called in this morning and agent was like it is 1 year from Acknowledgement email i did not argue as i wanted to know if she can see anything in file hinting on when i am scheduled for test. She did not see anything so even if my file is test ready there hasnt been anything scheduled as of today

shahzadpir

Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER (21-10-2014)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
03-12-2014
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulilah)
Passport Req..
29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Hi All,

I received letter for citizenship test for Nov 21. I am on Annual vacation out of country and have to reschedule my flight to come early by Nov 19. Since I have waited for 12 months to give test. Now when the letter has arrived I am out of country and not prepared, feeling really bad. I wasn’t expecting test with such short notice. Can anyone help me on what website I should refer to read and get ready for test?
Any app that can be downloaded? Or sample test papers? Any website?

also what kind of questions I can expect during interview? Any help will be appreciated that can help me prepare the test. Thanks to all in advance

HS2018Nov

Jun 24, 2019
Hi All,

I received letter for citizenship test for Nov 21. I am on Annual vacation out of country and have to reschedule my flight to come early by Nov 19. Since I have waited for 12 months to give test. Now when the letter has arrived I am out of country and not prepared, feeling really bad. I wasn’t expecting test with such short notice. Can anyone help me on what website I should refer to read and get ready for test?

also what kind of questions I can expect during interview? Any help will be appreciated that can help me prepare the test. Thanks to all in advance
Reading the official test guide and going over the questions provided at the end of that guide should be sufficient. The content isn't a lot at all! You can also download the audio version of the guide and listen when on the go.

Rather than re-scheduling your flight, can't you ask them to re-schedule the test for you? I'm sure you're not the first one in such situation. It'll save you money, you won't cut your vacation short, and you won't have to study while on a vacation!

I'm also going out of the country for a few weeks. To avoid having to reschedule a possible test, I think I'll let them know beforehand!

jamdon24

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
I used http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz for an online practice tool.

Hi All,

SKK19

Jan 24, 2019
Hi,

Received our Oath invite letter today (sep 25)via email

Citizenship ceremony scheduled on october 18 :) (3 days before elections)

So exciting whether can we vote!

Request you to update the spreadsheet:)

Thanks!

Best wishes to all others in this forum:):)
Hi Can you please update the oath ceremony in spreadsheet! Thank you we got our citizenship successfully:):)