+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 - Citizenship Applications

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi,

Would it be possible to update spreadsheet please? I received my Notice to Appear/ invitation this morning to write the Canadian Citizenship Test on June 6th at 815am.

-Name on here: Tropikal1979
-CIC eceived application: Nov 7 2018
-in process since Feb 5th 2019

Received email invitation to write test: May 17 2019.

Thank you.
You and I have almost same timeline. It great to know Ottawa is active.

Reactions: Tropikal1979

Tropikal1979

Nov 3, 2018
Ottawa
You and I have almost same timeline. It great to know Ottawa is active.
Hi PhDStream,
Yes it is great to know they are active.
When is your test? And i wonder what the average is ....in time.....number of days btw the test/interview and convocation for oath ceremony or the ceremony itself. I dont have access to the spreadsheet at work and it s too hard to see on my small smartphone. Lol. Whatever, i guess it ll be when it ll be.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi PhDStream,
Yes it is great to know they are active.
When is your test? And i wonder what the average is ....in time.....number of days btw the test/interview and convocation for oath ceremony or the ceremony itself. I dont have access to the spreadsheet at work and it s too hard to see on my small smartphone. Lol. Whatever, i guess it ll be when it ll be.
We have not yet received any test/interview invitation. Hopefully soon.

dr tarekk

Champion Member
Dec 30, 2013
As long as you are sure that your ecas says "Completed" before your package reaches passport office (or officer initiate your passport work), there should not be problem. Canadapost normally takes the guarantee time, most of the time it takes more than that. However, often times (from my experience) it delivers earlier than guarantee time.

Conclusion: To be on safe side, and if you can wait, send your application package only after your ecas says "Completed".
Status changed to Complete today morning ,will send my passport's application today ,thank you so much

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Received on Nov 8, AoR on Jan 21 and In-process on Jan 28. IMO, with limited space/resources it takes time to accommodate multiple applicants for test together as compare to a single applicant. Ours is family application (2 adults), so may take some more time to get interview invitation

Tropikal1979

Nov 3, 2018
Ottawa
Received on Nov 8, AoR on Jan 21 and In-process on Jan 28. IMO, with limited space/resources it takes time to accommodate multiple applicants for test together as compare to a single applicant. Ours is family application (2 adults), so may take some more time to get interview invitation
PhD you are next for sure. They do not change the IN PROCESS status or they haven t with us anyway....so keep an eye on your email inbox. The subject was Notice to Appear / Avis de convocation and it came from ircc.ottawacitscheduling-planificationcitottawa.ircc IRCC so keep an eye on that.

Reactions: A1969 and PhdStream

Carol82

Feb 27, 2019
I did my test on May 14, scored 20/20.
I did not sign anything that day, on May 17th I got Decision Made on ECAS.

Last edited: